Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:07:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kinda frustrated with Overstock's lack of selection  (Read 922 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:04:25 AM

I try, I try to do my doody to God and country by "buying bitcoins, spending bitcoins, and replenishing my bitcoins"  (thanks mad money machine - LTB network) ... by buying all my Amazon stuff on Overstock.

But 9 times out of 10  .... they don't have it.  

And 9 times out of 10 .... amazon does.  

Thats 90% of the time.

Apparently Amazon is *that much* bigger than Overstock.  Bummer.

-B-

(yes i misspelled duty on purpose, im from the beavis & butthead generation)

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:43:08 AM

Anyone can sell on amazon, not so much on overstock  Huh  Wink
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:03:26 AM

Lol, this just happened to me a minute ago, sort of. I went to buy a box fan, overstock was overpriced  Cry  I'd have paid 1-2 dollars more, but not over 10. 
Oh well... next time. 
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 05:18:08 AM

It's only a matter of time before Bezos gets his shit together and starts accepted BTC on amazon.com

The shareholders demand maximization of profit. By not accepting Bitcoin, amazon is not maximizing profit, and that is breaking the law.

Every publicly-traded corporation MUST maximize profit to shareholders, this is in their LEGALLY BINDING CHARTER. I'm sure they are just waiting for the legal-fog to clear.

It is literally malfeasance for a corporation not to do everything it legally can to maximize its profits.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
ab8989

Activity: 209
Merit: 101

FUTURE OF CRYPTO IS HERE!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:18:37 AM

The shareholders demand maximization of profit. By not accepting Bitcoin, amazon is not maximizing profit, and that is breaking the law.

Every publicly-traded corporation MUST maximize profit to shareholders, this is in their LEGALLY BINDING CHARTER. I'm sure they are just waiting for the legal-fog to clear.

It is literally malfeasance for a corporation not to do everything it legally can to maximize its profits.

We have a recent incident when a conservative thinktank NCPPR lost when trying to force something like that on Apple in an annual shareholders meeting and even they did not claim there is anything in law against a company doing whatever the company wants to do which means whatever the majority of shareowners want the company to do.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tim-cook-versus-a-conservative-think-tank-2014-2

the NCPPR representative asked Mr. Cook to commit right then and there to doing only those things that were profitable.

What ensued was the only time I can recall seeing Tim Cook angry, and he categorically rejected the worldview behind the NCPPR's advocacy. He said that there are many things Apple does because they are right and just, and that a return on investment (ROI) was not the primary consideration on such issues.

"When we work on making our devices accessible by the blind," he said, "I don't consider the bloody ROI." He said that the same thing about environmental issues, worker safety, and other areas where Apple is a leader.

As evidenced by the use of "bloody" in his response—the closest thing to public profanity I've ever seen from Mr. Cook–it was clear that he was quite angry. His body language changed, his face contracted, and he spoke in rapid fire sentences compared to the usual metered and controlled way he speaks.

He didn't stop there, however, as he looked directly at the NCPPR representative and said, "If you want me to do things only for ROI reasons, you should get out of this stock."
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:23:20 AM

Overstock.com is mainly for home stuff. Ya know, bedroom, bathroom, dining room.

They do not specialize in nerd fare. So you may not find your fave GPU or mobo there.

Go buy a damn comforter set. get the rug to match. bitches like matching shit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: