Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:03:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not invest based on the "telegram community"  (Read 665 times)
TimeTeller

Activity: 2730
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 09:23:04 PM

Many of the members of such groups have been added by someone without their will. Before giving some settings to the telegram, everyday I met several groups that I did not voluntarily participate. I would also like to help the newbies make these settings: https://medium.com/metacert/protect-yourself-from-cryptocurrency-scams-on-telegram-with-privacy-settings-64cbd2c8c7ad

Yes, I encountered that a lot. Someone adding me for no reason.
I just delete the group whenever I see one that I'm not familiar of.
I haven't change my settings as I'm too lazy. Thanks for that reminder.

But, I really don't invest based on how big the telegram community is.
We all know that some projects are getting services from third party to increase the number of their members.
You will notice that once the IEO or ICO is finished, most of them will delete the account or not active anymore.
necromastery

Activity: 1414
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2019, 10:35:20 PM

Many of the members of such groups have been added by someone without their will. Before giving some settings to the telegram, everyday I met several groups that I did not voluntarily participate. I would also like to help the newbies make these settings: https://medium.com/metacert/protect-yourself-from-cryptocurrency-scams-on-telegram-with-privacy-settings-64cbd2c8c7ad

Yes, I encountered that a lot. Someone adding me for no reason.
I just delete the group whenever I see one that I'm not familiar of.
I haven't change my settings as I'm too lazy. Thanks for that reminder.
It's good if you care about that and immediately go out and delete the group, but most people don't care about it, they just turn off the notification tone, or because they not active anymore in the telegram, but clearly they were put there unofficially.
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2019, 11:36:44 PM

Do not make quantity as a reference, it can all be manipulated easily by scammers, pay attention to the many social media that provide services for making certain social media accounts with a very affordable fee.  Analyze the quality, it will be more effective and accurate.  moreover, most bounties and airdrops require participants to join the group, so the telegram group project is not purely filled with interested investors.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 11:43:37 PM

Do people still do that? Invest in Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency base on what some people state in a telegram group?
I don't think anyone who have been into cryptocurrency since 2017 would do that but instead those who just started out recently.
Telegram is a great platform but 'never' you trust any community there. Especially those of the trading signals.
huu78

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 11:47:38 PM

True, new investors are looking and interested in the former in their large community that the Kalo Dilogika will help the development of their project.
But the reality is they are just an airdrop or a bounty hunter to get the coins from the project for free. Therefore we can not be patting on telegram but must be of some aspect.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 11:49:06 PM

For me it's okay to invest coins based in the telegram, but of course always need an own analysis before to invest use telegram as guide not depending your all decision. Be always wise for the security of our investment to avoid lot of risk and loses.
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1730

Duelbits.com

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 11:52:07 PM
Merited by tk808 (5)

In regards to this, there are still highly manipulative practices that occur, that's with groups in excess of 15-20k members.

Most naturally grown Telegram groups consist of 5-15k members, before a sale is finished or finalized. Anything ranging from 20-100k, that was made post-2018, is consisted of fake, accounts pulled from other groups and other highly manipulative practices. These types of crypto groups you should always avoid.

Concurrently, there are a lot of "influencer" groups consisting of a few thousand members, with a crazy amount of activity. These are also highly faked telegram groups, running bots with fake messages and or paid messages for a specific time, to make the group appear active in order to sell AMAs or other public events for crypto teams. If you're serious about crypto in any way, then you won't be in these groups listening to some guy talking about the latest coin he's shilling. It's great for quick research, but always know these guys are in it for themselves, they are ultimately looking to profit from your voice, time and activity; just like any tech company in the real world. "Data is king."

All in all, when in doubt, view groups like Binance's groups, Binance's shilled IEOs and see how many members they have. Chances are, it will denote a reasonable Telegram group community size for any given period in the broader crypto market.

Also, as OP said, never invest based on the groups. A lot of shills, a lot of FOMO, a lot of nonsense and a lot more shady motherfuckers; all there to solely manipulate your thoughts. Even worse are the groups who ban users for giving critical feedback (in a non-shit talk way), because it may cause other users to ask the same questions.

The weapons they have to influence new investors or new people in the crypto world are with their social media groups such as telegrams. I have seen and found many groups like that with more than 50 thousand members and there are even some double groups that are distinguished only by the numbers group1, group2, group3 etc. and all the members they have are so many that even one telegram group can no longer accept members.

Just as you mean, when we as group members join and make critical comments they will not be happy, they will immediately block us or kick us from the group before other members think critically too and comment on the same thing, this is what they avoid. Admin and bot that they have very much and are always active.

From the many experiences that I have gained, a group with many members does not guarantee the project is genuine. They just use it to do "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT", whether it's for FOMO, large-scale project promotions with lots of discounts and more. The most important thing is to continue to do research first and discuss together with members in this forum.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 01:09:40 AM

Back in 2017, many ICO projects pride themselves of having one of the biggest telegram community. Some of them would market it as a proof or sign that many investors believe in their project. People who have been around all know that most members there are airdrop/bounty hunters who only joined to qualify for the reward.

I also saw one post earlier asking for telegram group members and one of the condition the buyer posted is that it "needs to look real".

Anyway, this post is just a reminder to beginners in crypto. We don't want you to fall for these tricks to lure you into investing into their projects.

I agree that we should not invest based only on the size of the community in the telegram group. The number of members in the telegram group does not reflect the project or investment interest. In my opinion, it's better when deciding on investments, based on liquidity and active trading in the market
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 02:00:07 AM

Back in 2017, many ICO projects pride themselves of having one of the biggest telegram community. Some of them would market it as a proof or sign that many investors believe in their project. People who have been around all know that most members there are airdrop/bounty hunters who only joined to qualify for the reward.

I also saw one post earlier asking for telegram group members and one of the condition the buyer posted is that it "needs to look real".

Anyway, this post is just a reminder to beginners in crypto. We don't want you to fall for these tricks to lure you into investing into their projects.

I agree that we should not invest based only on the size of the community in the telegram group. The number of members in the telegram group does not reflect the project or investment interest. In my opinion, it's better when deciding on investments, based on liquidity and active trading in the market

As I remember when I joined bounty project some of them want us to invite those friend we have and they give us tokens and in the end of their tokens have no value at all. When the bounty runs for long period of time their projects are so mesmerising and try their best to convince and unfortunately they didn't response in telegram. Hopefully each of us must aware this kind of strategy.
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2019, 02:00:44 AM

Telegram is really bad for one thing, fake accounts or bots to make the group full like they are real people, this can't be used to judge a project, when i was a newbie i used to look at how many people are in a new project group but later i detect its all lies

NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 02:14:31 AM

Every one should be aware of this. The only potential victim to this kind of scheme are newbies. This is a good thread to remind the newbies that it does not mean that because a channel has many members, it is already legit. They need to be aware that members in telegram channels can be farmed, bought, or created for the sake of having high numbers.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 02:56:20 AM

In one side telegram or another social media which being used as a group of crypto user is really needed. They (the people on the group) can easily turn their information each other, so as through this group their understanding/knowledge against cryptocurrency will increase. Then I think, if I compare when we read an article will be hard to understood if we read it by ourselve but if we make a discussion on the group (telegram and etc) it usually will be easy to be unsderstood.

Yeah Indeed, in another side we can't disown that the scammer will be easy to join and try to scamming the poeple there. And I think it will be good the user on the group must be aware and fight against scammer. Also, they must know that the project is scam or legit and he can tell to another user to avoid it. Unless, if we come the telegram channel which was filled by scammer then I'll bet we can't avoid from their offers.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 03:28:59 AM

I would say telegram group of any project can be seen from both a positive  and negative part...
The negative part is that as we already know, fake members, paid to shill members that engage in fake discussions in the group, all they do is say nice things all day long, real members ask constructive questions, they get banned..... red flag.
The positive part the possibility of chatting the team up whenever they are online about the project and their plans, get firsthand info about their latest events, meetups and such other activities, lates update of any partnership etc,
in a nutshell, telegram community alone is not enough to make an investment decision.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 03:33:06 AM

Having a lot of members on the particular telegram chat doesnt mean the project itself is good, has potential and working. Some admin/members are just adding anyone without permission to grow the number of their members. I often experience this, even I didnt join I was added without my permission.

If you're a beginner you might end up believing in them if you're not careful enough to conduct a research. Scam projects are everywhere so its better to not trust anyone especially those members of tg that shills their coins.

Aabcde

Activity: 1050
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 03:36:45 AM

Yes, everything can be made up. Especially the number of people in a telegram group. If only based on the amount that a person judges to invest his money, surely it is a fool, very stupid.
On the other hand, most members there must come because of the airdrop or something that gives free coins. Which airdrop hunters do not care about the good or bad of the project. What they know is how many parts they got. And after that, it will gradually die because the demand decreases continuously.

▄▄█████   ▄▄█████   ▄▄█████  ▄▀▄
    ███████▌  ███████▌  ███████▌  ▀▄▀
   ████████  ████████  ████████   ▐▌
  ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▄▄ █
  ████████  ████████  ████████ ██▐▌
 ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▐█▀
 ████████  ████████  ████████
▐███████  ▐███████  ▐███████
█████▀▀   █████▀▀   █████▀▀
Metaspins 

▄▄█████▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄
 ▄▄███████  ████  █████
▐██▀▀██████████████████▌
 ██▄▄██  ██▀▀███████████
 ▐█████████▄▄████████  █▌
  ██  ███████████████████
  ▐███████████▀▀▀███████▀
   ▀█████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀
2,500+
GAMES

█████████████████████████████
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
███▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀███ ████▄████
████▀▄███ ████▀▄███ █████████
████▄████ ████▄████ ███▀▀▀███
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████████████████████████
EARN UP TO 57% RAKEBACK
WAGER FREE!
         ▄███▄▄▄
    ▄███████████████▄
    ██████████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████
    ███████████████████
    ███████████████████
   █
█████████████████
  ██
█████████████
 ███
█████████████████
████
█████████████
▀▀██
████████████████
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀███▀
1 Click Registration
Instant Payouts
[
]
asus09

Activity: 1344
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 03:41:48 AM

Anything ranging from 20-100k, that was made post-2018, is consisted of fake, accounts pulled from other groups and other highly manipulative practices. These types of crypto groups you should always avoid.
Excellent point.  Everything can be faked, exaggerated, just like facebook and twitter followers which often happens with bounty hunters when they have to meet a minimum # of followers in order to join.  You know damn well all those followers aren't real people, and the same thing is true for any telegram group with many thousands of members if it's for some ico or shit coin.

This is an important warning for newbies, op and I have no doubt a lot of them fall for projects that *look* good, and most of them do, even if they're scams.  Those scammers know what they're doing and know they have to keep up appearances if they expect to draw in investors.

Even better advice would be to just avoid the ico space altogether.  How many scams do we have to see before investors and bounty hunters stop falling for the same old tricks?
Telegram community is not good source for your investment on ICO project, everything can be fake by looking their telegram member channel by giving airdrop way. You have check on site rating of ICO project and check how much coin have sold to public. Many ICO use many ways to get investor without give based on how correct information about their ICO site.

Gamdom
15%.
CASHBACK
FOR THE FIRST
7 DAYS
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
▄██████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
█████▀▀████████▀▀████████▀▀█████    ▄▄▄▄
███ ▀▄▄▀ ████ ▀▄▄▀ ████ ▀▄▄▀ ███   ██████
████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀████   ▀████▀
████▄  ▄██████▄  ▄██████▄  ▄████     ██
████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████████████████████████     ██
██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ██████████████████████
     ██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
HIGH QUALITY CASINO
WITH MULTIPLE GAMES
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2019, 04:31:26 AM

There are many telegram channels right now that have many users in that channel but unfortunately, the project isn't successful because even their telegram has many users in it not all of them are investors. Probably most of them are just bots and some of them are just bounty hunters and some of them are waiting for a good news so that they can sell their tokens that they are holding.

Telegram community doesn't make a project a successful one. Yes it can attract newbie investors because they are thinking that most of the users in their channel are investors and it will be a successful one because it has lot of investors but it is not. Investing in ICO right now is hard for me because it can end up being a scam or a fail project. It is best if you just don't invest in an ICO but just to buy it on an exchange if you know that the project will be a successful in the future.

SIGNATURE FOR RENT
Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 04:55:59 AM

Telegram community is not good source for your investment on ICO project, everything can be fake by looking their telegram member channel by giving airdrop way. You have check on site rating of ICO project and check how much coin have sold to public. Many ICO use many ways to get investor without give based on how correct information about their ICO site.
to be honest, I once believed in the telegram community of a project for investment that I did. but I did check on the project first. because it turns out the team is indeed very responsive to all member questions. especially for IEO in large exchanges to be carried out. and I finally decided to try my luck investing in these coins. and I was lucky because there was a profit that I got. but I'm sure, I'm just lucky.
BlackFor3st

Activity: 1932
Merit: 506

Betking.io - Best Bitcoin Casino

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 05:02:57 AM

Gathering people is another part of marketing so you don't have to worry about it as it is normal and even genuine projects are using this technique in order to widen their reach, not only to the bounty hunters but also to the investors.

This also applies to social media groups like facebook,twitter, linkedin,reddit and etc. therefore suggesting to the investors that don't invest to the project base on telegram community numbers are not a good suggestion. Instead, it's better to say that don't invest base on hype telegram community but invest in those projects that offers genuine product,good marketing techniques,active team,bright whitepaper,clear roadmaps and has a good number of partners.

BRODIN

Activity: 655
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 05:10:52 AM

yes that's the fact, there are various forms of fraud in the crypto industry as you explained above, fraudsters always do anything to convince investors or attract the attention of crypto users. so don't be surprised if there are hundreds of thousands of telegram users in the project group.

BTC ETH TEN
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: