Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:51:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF happened to Aurora today?!?  (Read 4188 times)
lphelps (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:58:47 AM

I thought this coin was dead dead dead... and all of a sudden it did a main engine test on the launchpad.. .0052 BTC at the lowend and .023 at the highend.

Hope this continues to ramp up just before the Airdrop..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whyenot

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:26:09 AM

even a dead cat will bounce if it falls from a great height
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:55:56 AM

It got ponzi pumped

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:18:56 AM

I thought this coin was dead dead dead... and all of a sudden it did a main engine test on the launchpad.. .0052 BTC at the lowend and .023 at the highend.

Hope this continues to ramp up just before the Airdrop..

You have to remember that only a very small portion of it is being traded and NOT what appears on coinmarketcap.com

With that very small portion on the market, but the vast majority in the hands of the founders, it doesn't take much for them to manipulate the price. That price manipulation is then calculated for the entire amount of coins, which isn't available for trading. Coinmarketcap.com has a flawed method in calculating market cap.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:23:48 PM

Most of the alt-coins from last night going slowly up then down some1 is pumping them to certain point further more BTC is slowly going down that is something to with it. Investing in some alt-coin or buy BTC with cash.

What do you all think?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Canaanite

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:39:31 PM

Auroracoin is far from being dead... It is just being manipulated by few whales who do what ever they want with it, therefore you cant know what is the real price of auroracoin.

currently there are changes that are happening in the coin (so it will be more stable) Plus the community is working very hard so the airdrop will be successful (happening in just a week).

Personally I use this chance to buy some coins as I think the price is a bit low (but its just speculating)
vandokkum

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:41:59 PM

Auroracoin is far from being dead... It is just being manipulated by few whales who do what ever they want with it, therefore you cant know what is the real price of auroracoin.

currently there are changes that are happening in the coin (so it will be more stable) Plus the community is working very hard so the airdrop will be successful (happening in just a week).

Personally I use this chance to buy some coins as I think the price is a bit low (but its just speculating)

The only reason this scam coin is rising is due to ponzi pumping.

The actual liquid amount of Auroracoin is so small that the price can be manipulated fairly easy.

Small buys spike and small sells drop it.

Nothing impressive here.

~BCX~
+1.
The only destination of all these scam coins will fall onto the ground.

Canaanite

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:56:21 PM

The actual liquid amount of Auroracoin is so small that the price can be manipulated fairly easy.

Nothing impressive here.

~BCX~

We will see if its a ponzi scam pre mined coin...
I did put my money on it because I believe in it
but I want a public apology from you to Balduro if you are wrong
Azeh

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:13:10 PM

Nothing impressive here.

~BCX~

We will see if its a ponzi scam pre mined coin...
I did put my money on it because I believe in it
but I want a public apology from you to Balduro if you are wrong

Don't worry, he's shouted scam from the beginning so loudly that everyone knows his position.  If this is legit, he will lose tons of respect in this community.  If he doesn't apologize he'll lose even more respect.
Azeh

Activity: 441

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:24:45 PM

Don't worry, he's shouted scam from the beginning so loudly that everyone knows his position.  If this is legit, he will lose tons of respect in this community.  If he doesn't apologize he'll lose even more respect.

You guys are forgetting one minor problem.

Block 5400 and KGW.

Nite69 which has become somewhat of the AUR Super said he highly believes if you guys roll out KGW, the exploit will likely succeed.

~BCX~

And what does your attempt to destroy the blockchain have to do with the coin being a scam?  Worst case scenario, you provide a setback for AUR and the dev proceeds with his plan anyway.  Then what?  I'd sure like to know how you would feel if it turns out the dev is legit and has good intentions, which is looking more and more like he does.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:48:44 PM

Plus the community is working very hard so the airdrop will be successful (happening in just a week).

Only a week eh? what is the process? where is it documented? what are the criteria to be eligible? etc.

Or is it also airdropped?
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:07:08 PM

Worst case scenario, you provide a setback for AUR and the dev proceeds with his plan anyway.

it could get much worse than that.  your worst case scenario is optimistic.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
lphelps (OP)

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:45:43 PM

And what does your attempt to destroy the blockchain have to do with the coin being a scam?  Worst case scenario, you provide a setback for AUR and the dev proceeds with his plan anyway.  Then what?  I'd sure like to know how you would feel if it turns out the dev is legit and has good intentions, which is looking more and more like he does.

Exactly what makes it more and more likely he is legit.

Nothing has changed.

Still won't consider an escrow
Still has no plan for air drop
Still no idea how to validate Icelanders

Everything still the same.

~BCX~

Just because the Devs aren't telling you shit, doesn't make you right.. Perhaps they have caught onto your shit slinging and have considered you not worth their time..
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:59:53 PM

Exactly what makes it more and more likely he is legit.

Nothing has changed.

Still won't consider an escrow
Still has no plan for air drop
Still no idea how to validate Icelanders

Everything still the same.

~BCX~

Just because the Devs aren't telling you shit, doesn't make you right.. Perhaps they have caught onto your shit slinging and have considered you not worth their time..

Yeah, and maybe during that closed session in Iceland's parliament they were talking about who has the most posts on bitcointalk.org  Roll Eyes

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:23:03 PM

The alleged flaw in KGW has already been fixed in many coins that use KGW, including AUR.
drippx

Activity: 539

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:50:32 PM

Usually when aurora makes huge gains, mazacoins price increases 10 fold the next day.
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:03:32 PM

If you have invested money in any of these scam "country" coins, get out now. They absolutely will all tank - use your heads people. If I had known people would be dumb enough to buy into crap like this I would have done something similar years ago back when I was less moral - I gave the human race way too much credit. I feel bad for nobody that loses their ass on this scam because in the end, it's cheap education. Sometimes you have to just keep knocking the gullible ones down over and over but eventually they learn something.
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:18:23 PM

If you have invested money in any of these scam "country" coins, get out now. They absolutely will all tank - use your heads people. If I had known people would be dumb enough to buy into crap like this I would have done something similar years ago back when I was less moral - I gave the human race way too much credit. I feel bad for nobody that loses their ass on this scam because in the end, it's cheap education. Sometimes you have to just keep knocking the gullible ones down over and over but eventually they learn something.

STFU you god damn Jew Banker.... Geezus! I swear you could swing a dead cat in here and hit about 10 Jews all working for some Central Bank trying to destroy whatever crypto currency that might be on the rise...

Let's break down Auroracoin.

1) The dev isn't even an Icelander (obviously just taking advantage of an unfortunate situation - red flag #1 as this is how most scams start out).

2) There is no real distribution method and 99.9% of Icelanders have never even heard of this thing.

3) Everybody is trusting a 50% premine to somebody they don't know and have never met. It's not like this guy is a prominent figure - he came out of nowhere, blew some smoke up your ass, and people are excited about it. The "air drop" was set far enough into the future that they had plenty of time to profit before "air dropping" a pile of shit on everybody.

4) There is nothing special here. This will never be a national currency - it meets none of the requirements. There was zero choreographing with the proper parties and none of the proper channels were used.

This is 100% a scam and anybody buying into it is getting scammed as well. Everybody standing up for these country coins will look like a gullible moron 2 months from now. Mark my word.

I love cryptocurrency and that's the reason I hate seeing crap like this - it will probably end up making headlines and will be just another dark cloud over this revolutionary technology. With each step forward we're taking two steps back with crap like this. It's moronic and it is devaluing the entire movement.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:27:11 PM

Let's break down Auroracoin.

1) The dev isn't even an Icelander (obviously just taking advantage of an unfortunate situation - red flag #1 as this is how most scams start out).

I thought he was, where's your proof?

2) There is no real distribution method and 99.9% of Icelanders have never even heard of this thing.

How do you know? And, they have a full year to hear of "this thing".

3) Everybody is trusting a 50% premine to somebody they don't know and have never met.

Not everybody. Seems like for example you are not.

4) There is nothing special here. This will never be a national currency - it meets none of the requirements. There was zero choreographing with the proper parties and none of the proper channels were used.

There are a lot of things in between "nothing special" and "national currency".
FilipZ

Activity: 80

IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchange

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:31:24 PM

Hence Icelandic Parliament Committee Holds Closed Session to Discuss Auroracoin?

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬     
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: