Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:34:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So traders, how much You lose?  (Read 2835 times)
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 04:28:37 AM

There is no perfect trading setup that exist, it is a reality that all of the traders who experience loss. I know a lot of setups but still I keep losing in trading, but the loss that I experience is only small because of my good risk and management.
It can't be avoided that there's time you'll suffered from losses even you think that you already have a good knowledge about this market but shit happened especially once whales showed up and manipulates the market.

You are right, if you do have a good risk management the chance of losing a lot can be avoided. You can minimize  by cutting cutting your loses. Taking the risk and take your position out if you see that there's other opportunities to work with other projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sayaya17

Activity: 1638
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 07:00:25 AM

I once lost trading because I bought cheap coins which turned out to be the hype of coins that had trapped me, maybe I lost about 20% of all the capital I used. For that reason, understanding risk management in trading crypto is very important to avoid losses in trading.
Moreover, around 2018 when the rise of bitcoin many FOMOs lost their money because for fear of being late to buy.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
kanayaTabitha

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 07:17:55 AM

I once lost trading because I bought cheap coins which turned out to be the hype of coins that had trapped me, maybe I lost about 20% of all the capital I used. For that reason, understanding risk management in trading crypto is very important to avoid losses in trading.
Moreover, around 2018 when the rise of bitcoin many FOMOs lost their money because for fear of being late to buy.

20% percent loss in 2018 is really small when market is on the doomsday at that time, i was buying NXT for IGNIS airdrops back then and the price dropped more than 60% in minutes right after the airdrops and i'm one of the people who late to sell and hold it and wait for it's recover and it doesn't happen until right now, and the IGNIS price is also shits.
Aying

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

https://raiser.network

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 07:40:49 AM

There is no perfect trading setup that exist, it is a reality that all of the traders who experience loss. I know a lot of setups but still I keep losing in trading, but the loss that I experience is only small because of my good risk and management.

With the knowledge you have you can manage your losses unlike others that lost a huge amount of funds because of lack of information and didn't follow the rules of trading that need to know the signs and the flow of the market before risking the funds they own. so good at you that know the trading setup even there are no perfection on it. experience is also needed when in time that you want to involve in trading.

Watch out for this SPACE!
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 08:07:09 AM

20% percent loss in 2018 is really small when market is on the doomsday at that time, i was buying NXT for IGNIS airdrops back then and the price dropped more than 60% in minutes right after the airdrops and i'm one of the people who late to sell and hold it and wait for it's recover and it doesn't happen until right now, and the IGNIS price is also shits.
Hold NXT to get Ignis (correct me if i am wrong) that event really got a lot of people. Maybe only a few who get profit from it, and my friend is one of it. But he is not aim the Ignis reward but only wait people to buy NXT and then sell when he think he get profit. And the others, left with lose because price dumped very much when people expect goof price of it.  Grin

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
alisonwonder

Activity: 882

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 08:38:49 AM

Hold NXT to get Ignis (correct me if i am wrong) that event really got a lot of people. Maybe only a few who get profit from it, and my friend is one of it. But he is not aim the Ignis reward but only wait people to buy NXT and then sell when he think he get profit. And the others, left with lose because price dumped very much when people expect goof price of it.  Grin
such a system to raise prices is really ineffective, even when I buy NXT to get IGNIS and then NXT goes down, so is IGNIS, the value is certainly not greater than NXT, moreover getting 1:0.5 ratio is very detrimental, if calculated in the end, we lose.

MOONBET[]          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒ 
     ▓██▒▓▓██████████▓▓██▓   
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
          ░░░░░░░░░░░         
[]           ▓███████████████████
        ▓▓▓█▒▒▓               █
 ░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▓█               █
██▓▓▓░     █▒██               █
██ ▓█░     █▓      ▒██▓       █
 ██▓█▒     █▓    ▒██████▓░    █
  █▓    ████▓   ██████████▓   █
  ▓█    ████▒   ███████████   █
   ██   ▓███▓   ▓█████████    █
   ░█▓    ▒█▓       ███       █
    ██     █▓         ░    ▓█▓█
     ██    █▓              ▓█▒█
     ▒█▓   █▓ ░      ░░░░░░▒▓ █
      ██   ▓▓▓▓████████████████
       ███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
[][]

> TWITTER
> DISCORD
> MEDIUM
> TELEGRAM
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 09:17:13 AM

Words of wisdom from the great Warren Buffett
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/14/warren-buffetts-rule-for-investing-during-the-financial-crisis.html

You don't lose anything until you sell your share. If you are down low, do not panic sell for a lose. Play the long game and sell for a profit.
Vertex_ICO

Activity: 602
Merit: 8

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 09:03:03 AM

So Everybody like to talk about winning and profits.... But traders honestly how much You are losing?  Daily weekly Monthly? 

Im sure the Beginners lose coz of FOMO.

You're absolutely right. We've definitely fostered a culture in this community where we only talk about our wins. It would be interesting to see more people talking about their losses. Also give us a chance to learn from each other.
Kevondo

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 01:32:46 PM

So Everybody like to talk about winning and profits.... But traders honestly how much You are losing?  Daily weekly Monthly? 

You're absolutely right. We've definitely fostered a culture in this community where we only talk about our wins. It would be interesting to see more people talking about their losses. Also give us a chance to learn from each other.
That sounds like a great idea. Sharing loss experience will give everyone an opportunity to learn and grow as it is wise to learn from mistakes of others. It is not possible to never come across failure in career. So no one here is without such stories. Better is to share both experience as the success ones will tell which things to follow and failures guide through not to do stuff.
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 01:42:53 PM

That sounds like a great idea. Sharing loss experience will give everyone an opportunity to learn and grow as it is wise to learn from mistakes of others. It is not possible to never come across failure in career. So no one here is without such stories. Better is to share both experience as the success ones will tell which things to follow and failures guide through not to do stuff.

Well not most of the time especially when you're telling how did you do it. Pretty much newbies will attempt to reuse such strategies that  experts do in the end and it wouldn't be a great learning habit for them to be just told what to do. It would be a spoon-feeding for them. Maybe an inspiring story written from Trader's Journal would help them more.  Smiley
conex

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

crypto enthusiast

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 01:52:36 PM

Everybody loses and it's not problem how much you lose but what you learn from the trade...

“If you personalize losses, you can’t trade.” – BK
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 01:42:24 AM

It can't be avoided that there's time you'll suffered from losses even you think that you already have a good knowledge about this market but shit happened especially once whales showed up and manipulates the market.

You are right, if you do have a good risk management the chance of losing a lot can be avoided. You can minimize  by cutting cutting your loses. Taking the risk and take your position out if you see that there's other opportunities to work with other projects.
Taking losses is inevitable, the question is if whatever losses that you are taking are justified within whatever strategy that you are using to trade the markets, let me explain myself, if you have a system that wins 80% of the time and you follow that system and you have several losses in a row but you never deviated from what your system told you should do then all of those losses are justified and you are just being unlucky, but if you began to follow your instincts and left behind a system that was that effective then those losses are unjustified.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 01:50:46 AM

This forum should have a special section about trading losses and people will post their loss and they will tell the specific steps why they are losing, i'm sure it will be a great topics because we can learn from each other
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 08:22:44 AM

This forum should have a special section about trading losses and people will post their loss and they will tell the specific steps why they are losing, i'm sure it will be a great topics because we can learn from each other

That's a good idea mate, that's what I want to know too, to learn from the mistakes of everyone for trading not only from their gains but also from their losses so that we can compare each other, we can share opinions, and we can analyze things. For traders, losing doesn't means you are failure, so don't give up and continue your passion and to inspire other people.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 09:12:01 AM

If its money that come out from my pocket, then I am happy to say that its zero, why? Because the money I spend in trading comes from my earnings here in this forum. However, Yes I lost money in trading, its not always that I gain profit when I trade, there are loses too, but it will not hurt my bank account.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 10:53:50 AM

I dont think there is any trader right now who havent lost at least part of his money to the volatility and manipulation of the market. People are more careful now and wont invest in anything as they were 2 years ago.
I have earned my crypto and traded. I guess I may have lost more than 30% of what I earned in these many years.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Assface16678

Activity: 1372
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 11:02:02 AM

I dont think there is any trader right now who havent lost at least part of his money to the volatility and manipulation of the market. People are more careful now and wont invest in anything as they were 2 years ago.
I have earned my crypto and traded. I guess I may have lost more than 30% of what I earned in these many years.

The bitcoin or the other cryptocurrency price is very volatile that the value is never consistent every time. In my lost in trading, I think more than 50 dollars because doing long term trading to become more profitable even it was too long to earn a profit, but it is worth it than daily trading. In my experience for over three years in crypto and trade, I always risk my self and my money for getting profit every time, then I did it. Aim to be a positive thinker, even your darkest trading experience.

Yatsan
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1231

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 11:34:51 AM

Well this section is already about trading discussion and does not need any sub-section for trading losses, If that will be the case we should also add sub-section for trading winnings?
Trading discussion board is open for any trading-related materials, losses, winnings, trading strategies and news/announcements regarding trading. What we need to do is to start more specific discussion, a particular matter that would directly benefit you for trading and people should be open with theirs in return.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 03:15:35 PM

Well this section is already about trading discussion and does not need any sub-section for trading losses, If that will be the case we should also add sub-section for trading winnings?
Trading discussion board is open for any trading-related materials, losses, winnings, trading strategies and news/announcements regarding trading. What we need to do is to start more specific discussion, a particular matter that would directly benefit you for trading and people should be open with theirs in return.

You are right, for as long as it tackles trading so there is nothing wrong with it, so for traders who would like to share their losses too feel free to do it here, we won't judge but we will help each other analyze things, well, there is no perfect analysis in trading, even the very expert also incurring losses, so we should not be ashamed of it, for as long as we won't give up.
dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 03:35:30 PM

sometimes you lose because you do not stick to the rules and the worst part is you go against it. I admit I am guilty of this on my trades.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: