Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:14:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Solution for mining without letting my ISP know it  (Read 208 times)
Maschine32 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 11:05:06 AM

Hello,

I would like to find out the cheapest solution to do this. I know there are free VPNs but the Problem is that I will not be able to connect to the miners interface (at least I did not found out how). The best option for me would be one that does not require a normal pc, but something small ( I need to do this for more miners which are located in a different location)

Thank you
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 12:58:24 PM

What's the situation there? Has the ISP itself banned mining, or is it reporting to government because mining is against a civil law?

Because if you come here for advice on how to circumvent laws, you'll probably be disappointed.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 03:38:45 PM

Yeah, its best to give no advices for suspicious actions

Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2019, 02:47:03 AM

Hello,

I would like to find out the cheapest solution to do this. I know there are free VPNs but the Problem is that I will not be able to connect to the miners interface (at least I did not found out how). The best option for me would be one that does not require a normal pc, but something small ( I need to do this for more miners which are located in a different location)

Thank you

Well there is your problem. The whole point of a VPN is to have a bunch of remote things look as if they are in a LAN you also belong to. So you install a VPN server somewhere (there are plenty of Free and Open Source solutions) and then make all your remote locations use it.

If you don't understand this, maybe you'll have to hire someone to do it for you...

VPNs are not meant for anonymity or obfuscation, if you manage to achieve a bit of that, its more by accident than intention.

Any raspi or similar embedded computer can do these things and much more.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Pages: [1]
  Print