Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 11:38:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we all fools on believing the word "HOLD"?  (Read 5735 times)
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 06:51:23 PM

Try to sell off some when the getting is good knowing you have got your money back and a small profit. You can be proud of yourself for that. Anything more then that is just bonus. Remeber even if you sell everything it doesn't mean you out. You can often sell everything only to buy back in at a much lower price and that is how you deal with a bear.

nekonyun

Activity: 882
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 07:09:38 PM

This is a lesson for everyone, including me, we cannot hodl coins in the long time,  bitcoin price now movements are currently unstable make all altcoin prices will continue to fall. Different to 2017-2018 all the prices of altcoin are rising because the price of bitcoin is continuing to rise, making people buy altcoin without fear of bitcoin prices going down
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 07:10:20 PM

Ideally you should keep them, for now if selling is an unwise option. We can pray by 2022-2023 maybe these cryptocurrencies can grow back to the value it once peaked. The global economic market has not yet collapsed so we should not pray that crypto can grow steadily.
I agree with you in 2022-2023 that's why hold is the best solution, if someone will add assets to the future at this time is good to buy not sell Cool
It is best to buy only with a reasonable plan. The last drop is an opportunity for us to own crypto at the best price in 2019 for altcoins and for Bitcoin and the top 30 cryptocurrencies, this is the next opportunity after we missed in early 2019. Next morning I feel the whole market will increase steadily to create a jump in the coming years.
Treating every dropped price in the market as an advantage for the investment is not right, the consequences of the bear market still affect the investor confidence. The average market entry price is important and dropped market prices provide a good opportunity for adding more bits to stash. The best moments for entering the bull market is the last months in bear market. Sitting tight(no-trading) is the hardest task of the impatient crypto trader.
In my own opinion, we should actually HOLD token no matter what happens especially at a time like this knowing that the market is on a downfall it is really not a good idea to sell tokens in a situation like this because you are wasting your money if you do that. I believe that the market will recover soon, not now maybe but I believe that it will happen, just like what happened last 2017, wherein the market really pumps up to its highest peak that makes every altcoin on its high value also. Have patience because it is actually the key for you to gain profit in the future.
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 07:21:18 PM

It's hard to give advice to you but, I think if you were able to overcome a bad 2018, you can continue to overcome 2019 and wait for a new bull market, and this time you should take profits.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
TinaK

Activity: 1106
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 07:33:17 PM

Senseless on HODL topic here I think.
We need to invest on bitcoin and hodl for years this sentence might be everywhere in the market from the past few years and this can be over word of mouth.
People taking that as real and even cryptos also bumping and making it as real in the marketplace. So hoping it will be sensible all the time.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 07:59:14 PM

Maybe just one market cycle is not very good sample on how much money you can do by hodling. Naturally you would make more by selling and buying the swings but hodling has also worked for some of the old coins, no one can argue that.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 08:02:33 PM

It's hard to give advice to you but, I think if you were able to overcome a bad 2018, you can continue to overcome 2019 and wait for a new bull market, and this time you should take profits.
Hodling a coin for too long is a risk , we need to keep in mind that taking risk is hard but when that coin pumps and then we hodl it back then it will be a great opportunity for us, hodling 2019 coins is okay, as long as the coin you are hodling is worth to hodl for and it has  great potential in the future.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 08:33:57 PM

Ideally you should keep them, for now if selling is an unwise option. We can pray by 2022-2023 maybe these cryptocurrencies can grow back to the value it once peaked. The global economic market has not yet collapsed so we should not pray that crypto can grow steadily.
So those people lost their money for holding but then selling at the wrong time. If you once bought and you have decided to make long term investment then never sell your coins for panic. It will give you lose if you will sell it for being worried about temporarily falling price. We should keep our faith strong and keep holding until it fully recovers in the market.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 08:43:27 PM

Hodling a coin for too long is a risk , we need to keep in mind that taking risk is hard but when that coin pumps and then we hodl it back then it will be a great opportunity for us, hodling 2019 coins is okay, as long as the coin you are hodling is worth to hodl for and it has  great potential in the future.

I do disagree with you that holding a coin for too long is too risky, this argument is invalid for Bitcoin and even Ethereum, the mistake most people make is not reviewing the the fundamentals that surround most of these coins, I do hold Humaniq before until I realise the crazy inflation rate, having this knowledge made me to come to conclusion of selling the tokens. And most of these tokens do have high inflation which do not help the price.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Tcode53
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 09:21:10 PM

It’s never funny when someone is lose their cryptocurrency. It’s especially bad when the victim is at the mercy of developers and team and seemingly can’t do anything to get their money back. The best way is to do your own research before investing
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 09:49:18 PM

Tell this to early adopters! They are probably buys right now with making billions, so they don't come to visit this forum so often anymore. Hodling is a word that have a meaning, its investment you believe in long run. You don't expect to get rich over night, you made a research, you analyzed the market, you understand its potential and you are ready to wait for years if you have to, and accumulate in the mean time.
As an analogy, we can give the example of the stock market.On it, investors do not expect a quick and huge profit for 1 month.All understand that vlazhivayut as least on 1-2 year.
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 10:03:48 PM

Personally I think you should move on right now, what you lost, you can't gain ever if you continue holding those coins. Because most of them lost supporters, hype or investors then why you are still holding them? If Bitcoin hit even 50K USD, then you can't recover your loss by holding these coins. So, move on by selling those coins and buy ETH, BTC, HT, LINK or others good. Good Luck.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 10:22:38 PM

No, holding coins is not a bad decision but if you have to pick the best time to sell and make profits and buy again when the price goes low. Only holding is a noobie work, don't do it again! I know the Pundix coin, it is the best coin from your holding coins list, except this one, you should sell others to convert into Bitcoin. Bitcoin will have halving next year, so, if you want to continue your hold mission, hold Bitcoin. Good luck.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Finestream

Activity: 3094
Merit: 610

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 10:32:44 PM

Personally I think you should move on right now, what you lost, you can't gain ever if you continue holding those coins.

What strategy you are suggesting on moving on?

I mean, if we are thinking of selling at the moment and move on, I think its not a wise idea, we are just selling for almost nothing and its better to hold than sell at the moment to be honest.

Because most of them lost supporters, hype or investors then why you are still holding them? If Bitcoin hit even 50K USD, then you can't recover your loss by holding these coins. So, move on by selling those coins and buy ETH, BTC, HT, LINK or others good. Good Luck.

Supporters are just around the corner, just like the crypto market, investors will come and go, and come again when the market is good.

awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 03:40:15 AM

I don't think so, every investor has their own goals, of course they also have to understand the risks, and the floating they experience I think is still in the predictions, and when prices rise they profit, then holding profits is a challenge back to investors, is it already enough or waiting for the target to be picked up

dadon
Legendary

Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2019, 04:35:27 AM

That is the problem right there! Because Bitcoin was not made to trade alts or "HODL" It was meant to be used as "Money". so why don't you use it as "Money". Another problem is 99% of projects are not catering to this.

Maybe people believe e-commerce has not been around long enough to be disrupted but I say your living in another time and decentralized e-commerce networks offer many benefits over traditional e-commerce platforms such as ebay, amazon etc in many forms, the energy cost-cut alone is enough to give "Justice" to it's relevance, global centralized e-commerce networks like ebay require warehouse after warehouse of servers  just to stay online, this runs up huge overheads in energy costs/maintenance etc that they then have to pass these costs on to their customers in the form of "sales taxes".

When distributed these same e-commerce networks not only require a fraction of the energy to run and have almost no overhead meaning 0 "sales taxes" need to be imposed on the customer (Buyer or seller) meaning sellers can potentially offer products cheaper on a P2P e-commerce platform compared to a centralized platform that requires fees just to keep the lights on.

And when built on infrastructures such as POS networks not only do the buyers and sellers of the network replace those warehouse full of servers with just their laptops or Raspberry Pis(A massive reduction in energy use compared to centralized equivalents) they get paid to be those servers.

*Conclusion*

Decentralized POS e-commerce networks are greener, cheaper and It won't be long before they are just as simple to use as a regular e-commerce platform, so why don't you stop "Hodling" and start "Using" crypto today instead? list an item, buy something, tell your friends if they want to earn crypto without having to mine or invest to sell stuff they don't need or want on one of the P2P marketplaces like Bitbay or particl market and help us transition away from "Hodling" to "Using"..

Below you can learn of such a project, Particl is a privacy dapp platform and the marketplace is the first of this infrastructures Dapps to be rolled out thus far. Particl marketplace is built on the one and only Bitcoin core for security and reliance purposes and All marketplace transactions are Ringct w Bullet Proofs enacted by default.

Fresh from slush19 in Helsinki and only days after Bitcoin integration to particl marketplace Dapp, the first of many coins to be added to this "Cryptoagnostic" Privacy platforms infrastructure,  Particl team announces the next features to make it's way "Live" to mainnet "Market Management" aka Private marketplace and storefront creation.

So What exactly is “Market Management" (aka private marketplace/storefront creation) you ask?

"Market Management is a new tool that significantly changes how Particl’s marketplace behaves and is interacted with. It is, simply put, an added functionality that allows anyone to create public or private user markets and storefronts. Whereas Particl’s Open Marketplace used to be the only Particl marketplace available, it will now be one out of an infinite amount of user markets or storefronts that anyone can create. It will, however, remain as the default marketplace, meaning anyone installing Particl Desktop will have access to and see this giant public marketplace."

+ Learn more about other features making their way to mainnet along side market management.

* Adjustable Escrow

Another key feature required to make seller adoption way easier is the ability to adjust the escrow rate.

* Available Markets

The Available tab of the Market Browser displays all publicly available markets. In other words, it gives you quick access to all the markets that have been either publicly listed or promoted.

* Market Browser

Another huge component of the Market Management tool is the Market Browser — a completely new section of Particl Desktop where you can browse, join, manage, flag, and promote markets.

* The seller profile

A seller profile represents one user on the marketplace and many profiles can be set up on the same Particl Desktop client. It can be connected to multiple markets or storefronts at once.

* Identities

Identities are essentially Particl wallets. An identity’s public key is used to view markets, purchase products on them, and moderate its content while the private key is used to list products on them and process orders.

* Promote a Market

Promoting a market lists it on top of the Market Browser and adds a “promoted” icon next to it. Anyone with access to a certain market can promote it by paying a small promotion fee that is then redistributed, in full, to stakers of the Particl network.

https://particl.news/market-management-is-next-3e35356d5de0#14de
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2019, 05:25:45 AM

I like to share my story being a crypto enthusiast, a trader and an investor at the same time.

I started in this forum in year 2015 when altcoins are still a good investment and Binance is still not the most popular exchange in the market.
I trade with Poloniex most of the time, sometimes I trade with Bittrex but then I realize that I am not so profitable with trading since I cannot focus on it due to the reason that i have a day job to prioritize.

Therefore, I started to invest for long term and I was entice by how the market moves and I was so optimistic that long term could really change my life.
So to make the story short, I invested with different altcoins and have help it until now.

Now, when the bull run comes, I still couldn't sell right away as I was getting greedy thinking I could earn more when I still hold.
of course, who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL, and I really do it, and just sell a small portion of my investment to reward myself temporarily was I was into a big goal with my remaining investment.

And then, the correction comes started in year 2018, and I still didn't panic, continue to hold and even accumulate a bit when I see price has really dump a lot, just imagine ETH drop 10 times, so its really cheap and really tempting for any investors. So here I am now, I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

So top 10 of my portfolio consist of the following based on my blockfolio.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

Please tell me if I should still expect I will be profitable or just give up now already.
The fault is all yours because of your greediness you refused to take your profit thinking there will be more growth but you are wrong, altcoins are not stable and bitcoin too, they will always go up and drop down too, its really not too late just make sure that development is still ongoing on the coins you hold

joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 06:05:37 AM

I belief that anything that can be used as money can be used as a store of value, those who are saying bitcoin was never created for hodl don't know what they are saying, i know bitcoin is not stable but its usefulness makes it more demanding as it is today, same as other few good altcoins

dadon
Legendary

Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2019, 06:29:27 AM

I belief that anything that can be used as money can be used as a store of value, those who are saying bitcoin was never created for hodl don't know what they are saying, i know bitcoin is not stable but its usefulness makes it more demanding as it is today, same as other few good altcoins
Yes I get what your saying but using BTC only to "HODL N TRADE" is what's holding this all back and keeping the prices speculative(Thus volatile). Once the value is more then speculative which it is in BTC's case but mostly this is driven by the buying of altcoins for more speculation it will become more stable and attract "Fresh money. But until this happens this is a big problem.. we need to start "Using" these platforms for what they were built for instead of just Trading/speculation/launching endless tokens that mostly will never ever see any adoption or use.

itos84
Copper Member

Activity: 111
Merit: 6

wunbit.com Crypto Gaming Arcade

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2019, 06:39:47 AM

Give it time. For now cryptocurrencies are mostly viewed as a speculative asset. But later on, people will start associating them with money not just some weird tech thing that magically have some worth value.

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: