Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:43:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we all fools on believing the word "HOLD"?  (Read 5735 times)
Jeger.Kiting

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 12:47:58 PM

I like to share my story being a crypto enthusiast, a trader and an investor at the same time.

I started in this forum in year 2015 when altcoins are still a good investment and Binance is still not the most popular exchange in the market.
I trade with Poloniex most of the time, sometimes I trade with Bittrex but then I realize that I am not so profitable with trading since I cannot focus on it due to the reason that i have a day job to prioritize.

Therefore, I started to invest for long term and I was entice by how the market moves and I was so optimistic that long term could really change my life.
So to make the story short, I invested with different altcoins and have help it until now.

Now, when the bull run comes, I still couldn't sell right away as I was getting greedy thinking I could earn more when I still hold.
of course, who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL, and I really do it, and just sell a small portion of my investment to reward myself temporarily was I was into a big goal with my remaining investment.

And then, the correction comes started in year 2018, and I still didn't panic, continue to hold and even accumulate a bit when I see price has really dump a lot, just imagine ETH drop 10 times, so its really cheap and really tempting for any investors. So here I am now, I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

So top 10 of my portfolio consist of the following based on my blockfolio.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

Please tell me if I should still expect I will be profitable or just give up now already.

From first to fifth, I held the token. but I was not too long to hold it because there was a big big price drop that made me throw away some of the results I got, but I didn't just lose my investment, instead I turned my investment back into ETH, because the price of ETH was fairly cheap I bought it from the proceeds from the sale that I made of the five tokens that you mentioned, because the value of the tokens was still relatively high at that time, experience allowed me to handle it and be skilled at selling the five tokens and buying some ETH for my long term, because I know that in 2021 there is a high chance of a price increase that no one knows ..
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 12:53:04 PM

I think we are all be fooled by the HOLD or HODL I've also once hold some tokens and seen it crashing but still believe in HOLD or HODL and in result the tokens doesn't have now any value I think sometimes it's better to cut your losses early than holding a coin with no value at all. Also, same thing with coin that is going upward being greedy and holding sometimes won't do anything good since soon it will crash.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
ekeh

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 01:49:07 PM

Strongly believe to Hold Coin, that have been investigate and know is going to have a good prospect in the future time, after getting information on the team, white pepper and other social media advert about the particular Project.
Which we have seen currently successful. Like Binance, BNB Coin, Jinbi coin, etc. Therefore HOLD is profitable in a future time more profitable business.
genievic23

Activity: 417
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2020, 02:03:27 PM

I like to share my story being a crypto enthusiast, a trader and an investor at the same time.

I started in this forum in year 2015 when altcoins are still a good investment and Binance is still not the most popular exchange in the market.
I trade with Poloniex most of the time, sometimes I trade with Bittrex but then I realize that I am not so profitable with trading since I cannot focus on it due to the reason that i have a day job to prioritize.

Therefore, I started to invest for long term and I was entice by how the market moves and I was so optimistic that long term could really change my life.
So to make the story short, I invested with different altcoins and have help it until now.

Now, when the bull run comes, I still couldn't sell right away as I was getting greedy thinking I could earn more when I still hold.
of course, who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL, and I really do it, and just sell a small portion of my investment to reward myself temporarily was I was into a big goal with my remaining investment.

And then, the correction comes started in year 2018, and I still didn't panic, continue to hold and even accumulate a bit when I see price has really dump a lot, just imagine ETH drop 10 times, so its really cheap and really tempting for any investors. So here I am now, I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

So top 10 of my portfolio consist of the following based on my blockfolio.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

Please tell me if I should still expect I will be profitable or just give up now already.

lol, you're not alone in this scenario, we are in the boat, and it pains me to think about it, but I'm still trying to study more and not listen to anyone and just follow my guts and the things I've learned. I'll just need to be consistent about it. I'm still holding some new coins now and plan on forgeting it for a while so I can hold longer this time, lol

██  ▀■  KittieFIGHT.io  ■▀  ██
▄    Real time dapp game    ▄
Ryushin

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 03:22:51 PM

It's very hard to hold coin for long time and most times the coins can fail to deliver what you expected, I'd say only hold coins that are of high quality, judge by the team standard and their past blockchain experience, also you should follow the project carefully and watch out for any bad moves, I'm better off selling for profits, I don't plan on holding coins

wack slacker

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 04:22:47 PM

We put our faith in the markets when they were so new. HOLD became the specialty in 2017 when there were many projects where people won and made a lot of money, they thought the tokens of these projects could go even higher.
We do not have the experience or skills to handle our transactions yet. Putting too much trust has made us lose money.
Currently, the market has adjusted deeply and there are not many projects that can reach the ATH level again in 2017. It is the law of the market, eliminating bad projects, no longer suitable for the progress of electronic money. We need to consider carefully when deciding to hold any crypto other than Bitcoin. I'm inclined to make a profit and get out of them before it's too late.
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 04:54:37 PM

Well i am pretty sure that active traders that know what they are doing make far more profit then holders, even if they are dealing with the same coins.
There are people like me though that don't have the time and energy to keep track off the market everytime because i have a full time job and so on.
So for me hodling is the way even though it may not be the smartest thing to do.
kentrolla

Activity: 1568
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2020, 05:14:43 PM

There are tons of shit coins in crypto we should focus only on the top coins to me the word " HOLD" is suitable only for the high rated coins. Also I am really worried for those who are holding the tokens from year's, because holding tokens for long-term will lead you to disappointment. I am saying this in my personal experience, stay alert and focused especially in tokens it can go either way.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 05:24:21 PM

it depends on when you bought and what you bought.
if you bought a shitcoin without any background and hold, you are a fool.
if you bought a good coin during bull run when it is expensive and hold, you are a fool.
if you bought a pumped shitcoin and hold, you are a miserable fool.  Smiley
lebregone

Activity: 298
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 05:41:10 PM

Being greedy will really ruin your profit and plans therefore if you really want to profit by holding a long term one it will be good if you will set your selling price even if the market is in bull season. Stop being greedy where you are thinking of earning more even if you have hit already your selling target as it can ruin everything because we will not know when the market will fall again.

Don't give up, the market is like a wheel sometimes it will be in top and sometimes it will be in bottom but you can assure that you will surely experience the top and bottom many time especially if you are planning to hold your portfolio for several year. It's about patience and make sure that you will stop being greedy once the bull season will likely to happen again and make sure to sell your portfolio once it will hit your target selling price.
coinswebid

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 06:24:03 PM

I think that here everyone should do their own deep research into the tokens that you are going to keep for a long time. All the tokens that I had in 2017 are no longer worth anything, although in the medium term they could reach $ 2000-3000. Therefore, I consider only the medium-term outlook for altcoins (up to a year).

yes, i agree with you,, a deep research absolutely needed before investing, and think about the risk too not only profit
sometimes people forget the risk and just follow the hype, then they hold a bad coins

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 07:22:35 PM

Your list some altcoins worthless right now. I fell one coin when i bought then price was 10$ over but after one month later price drops 0.15$ lol. It's was my shocking move because i forget check there total supply. Although i have bought some coin in higher price and still hold now but i don't know when i can sold out.
try to see how the market and platform development of the coins you buy. if there is big planning in the future or if it is a good project of course they will have a good strategy for the future. Your planning now may fail, but you are not really failing when you choose the right project. project development did not last only a few months. they need several years to really have a good market.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 261

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 09:49:17 PM

HODL is a best strategy only when we are having the potential coins so holding random coins no matter how the prices went too deep is just stupidity.If you are holfing a coin then you should know convincing reasons why the coin should be successful in future so find the answer before implementing HODL strategy.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Sembadapuja

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 01:18:40 AM

As for me, we should know when to wait and that's when the market is in a correction period and just sell when the bull run approaches. Holding on too much to our faith sometimes leads us to greediness so we should know our limits. If you feel the value of the growth is high and the profit is there, you should sell it when the price is high and you can buy it back when the price is lower, both profit and increase the number. It's just that when you see that you have crossed what you were expecting, you should cash out because the crypto market is known for its volatility and it's never going to stay stable.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
nurilham

Activity: 1456
Merit: 436

duelbits.com

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 01:30:08 AM

you are too greedy, if I become you and already get 10x profit then I will sell it immediately because that big profit is already very much, if you give up now then your sacrifices for years will be in vain so keep holding until the bull run comes
if you don't need the money yet, you can do that, holding off until the bull runs. But if you really need money, monthly or daily money. I suggest you to sell your tokens and start short-term trading in ETH or Bitcoin and the profits can be for your daily or monthly needs.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 01:42:26 AM

if you don't need the money yet, you can do that, holding off until the bull runs.
Yes keep holding if you're not in hurry to take profit. Thats why the word hold is not for everyone whose eager to see the result of their investment because it will take time before we can see the progress and much better to wait until bullrun.

But if you really need money, monthly or daily money. I suggest you to sell your tokens and start short-term trading in ETH or Bitcoin and the profits can be for your daily or monthly needs.
Easy to be said than done. Its risky and there's a possibility to lose your capital if you're not certain to the right timing on when to sell. You must have lots of time to monitor the market if you use the short term strategy.

adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2020, 02:34:34 AM

What is the gaing in holding your coins for a so long in the event that you surrender it now? also how low the price is correct currently contrasted with where you got it.

it doesn't bode well for me to sell it at this price, I would prefer to hold it into dust other than losing the opportunity for my portfolio to breakeven or even make a benefit.  holding is fine yet you should realize what is the explanation you are holding it.
it is perfectly okay to hold your coins but this time it is better to set realistic goals for yourself while hodling

New_order

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 05:07:36 AM

It's never a good thing to be too greedy, OP let greed consume him, he failed to sell his coins even when they are at all time high, this is wrong, the reason for long term hold and short term hold is to make good returns, I doubt we will see huge market gains of 2017 once again, everything is timing, know when to let go
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 08:35:34 AM

If you're not good enough to scalp a coin or token and you believe that your coin or token has great potential then it's worth to hold rather than selling it already. At some point also if you can see that it reach it's peak it's good also to accumulate your earnings and just set a buy back again. In such way it's a win win situation, you can have profit already while still holding your coin or token. But always bear in mind that you must know when to let go and when not.
ARTCOINSLV

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 09:02:41 AM

In 2018 I held tokens, I didn't sell them and i  lost 20k euros.
last year I sold tokens Swisborg - 18k, received 200 euros for them,  today they cost 1200 euros.
If I could see the future.
How can I guess ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: