Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:24:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we all fools on believing the word "HOLD"?  (Read 5735 times)
nurilham

Activity: 1470
Merit: 441

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 12:53:10 PM

In 2018 I held tokens, I didn't sell them and i  lost 20k euros.
last year I sold tokens Swisborg - 18k, received 200 euros for them,  today they cost 1200 euros.
If I could see the future.
How can I guess ?
I think you should keep abreast of the project. Starting from following telegram groups and following their social media accounts because they usually announce good news on social media.

Don't forget to also follow other Crypto developments. so don't just guess.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 01:06:18 PM

hodl is not the whole definition really,,, and everybody in the space should know that hodl is just idiotic for most coins. For Bitcoin,,, I truly believe in use and hodl. Hodl as much as possible but use as much as possible is even more important.

Altcoins? Hodl before dump. Admit it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Lantind

Activity: 2324
Merit: 263

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 01:17:58 PM

you are too greedy, if I become you and already get 10x profit then I will sell it immediately because that big profit is already very much, if you give up now then your sacrifices for years will be in vain so keep holding until the bull run comes
Yes, it does look very greedy because it is clear that you get big profits but still want even bigger ones, because as we can see at this time it is very difficult to find 10x profit from something we have done, but that person is very strange when the profit already exists is wasted.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 01:20:20 PM

hodl is not the whole definition really,,, and everybody in the space should know that hodl is just idiotic for most coins.  For Bitcoin,,, I truly believe in use and hodl. Hodl as much as possible but use as much as possible is even more important.
not a whole but its an abreviation or short cutted term for hold . if most coins that we are talking are all good , hodl is not an idiot move then but it is if the coins are bad . btc is better for hodl and this coin is the capital for this abbreviation  . it would still be best if we dont hodl our btc but use it like a normal money

Altcoins? Hodl before dump. Admit it.
altcoins are good at hodling in addition to btc  . we can sell before it gets dump but if you dont like the price you better continue hodling  . avoid having a confuse feeling because this leads to selling when the window for selling is already over and youl get lost or only gain small profit as a result.
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 01:26:35 PM

It's never a good thing to be too greedy, OP let greed consume him, he failed to sell his coins even when they are at all time high, this is wrong, the reason for long term hold and short term hold is to make good returns, I doubt we will see huge market gains of 2017 once again, everything is timing, know when to let go
Actually, it's only 50% greed since the projects that he mention also come up with some "promise" but yeah, if you think it's already worth to sell why not? crypto nature is always flcutuatife, no one can determine the value in the future

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 01:29:16 PM

I feel your pain since I have made similar mistakes in my early days. Few things to consider here, Hodling doesn't really mean hodling forever. What it means is you get in around the end of bear market and hodl & wait for bull market to come. What you want to try doing is not sit in your profit and don't be too greedy. Greed is one thing that many still become a target of, you plan everything right and when greed comes knocking you forget all your plans. Its important to work on your greed and get to the balance point so you don't end up losing all of your profit. Not running after your losses also helps.

Now obviously, you made those choices for a reason and your circumstances have changed ever since. What you received was an important lesson on greed , there is nothing to regret here. It'll help you in the future. Remember, it's the learning that helps you gain profit not bull run. Bull run comes and go, what you have learned in your journey benefits you in the long term.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 01:44:45 PM

I thought you have some bitcoins in you that you invested before.  Lips sealed
<snip>
Actually, it's only 50% greed since the projects that he mention also come up with some "promise" but yeah, if you think it's already worth to sell why not? crypto nature is always flcutuatife, no one can determine the value in the future
It's 50% greed, 50% hope.
I wonder if he will sell his coins when he got all of his investment years ago until now.
There were some disappointment to him as he did not trusted bitcoin as a good investment.
He could have huge profit from it now if he bought some and hold.
Honestly if I'm the OP,  I'll sell it on my profit area, I'm fine with 50% to 200% ROI for a long term investment.

NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 03:16:38 PM

It is better to hold back than to sell the coins you have when they are worthless. Better to hold it until the price is much higher, my principle is better to hold than sell it when it's worthless. if there is an increase in price, you should immediately sell all the coins you have so you don't lose anymore.

max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2020, 03:54:26 PM

as pupils with the business on crypto finance manage of work on uses with supports of different notion from ideal science, the rest might be of one on masses with efficiencies as pupils to expect with different limit of number and returns on exchange and work with the distinct of priors on limit with the level of domination.

odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 04:43:49 PM

I totally agree with you. When people are shouting HODL HODL, it is a trap and don't fall for it. In crypto, you can never know for sure whether the value of a coin will increase or decrease so it is better to take what you can now, than hope for something that is not certain in the future. Remember, a bird at hand is better than a thousand in the bush

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 05:07:46 PM

Hodling cryptos is a good investment strategy a few years ago, yet you have to guarantee you are holding the correct coins, early adopters didn't struggle picking what to hold as around then there are just hardly any coins accessible and thee are a ton of fruitful old coin now, their prosperity were felt more during the last bull run.
Now we have to adapt to the present market landscape and if that involves day trading, then that is what you should do

b1boy

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 08:47:09 PM

I cant really agree with you on that because all projects are not the same and im talking about the successful ones here since we all know that most of those new project from 2years ago are scam... so to the successful project is all about risk and actually believing in the project... some of those new projects are successful and holding them might yield good profit for you while some are just wrong investment
abdulodoi

Activity: 91
Merit: 35

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 09:26:53 PM

I don't think 'FOOL' is the right word here atall. HODLING is all about preferences, sometimes hodling is the best to do and sometimes it might be alittle slow as you may lose out. I think the trick is to know when and how to hodl without feeling pressured to do so.
H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 02:55:59 AM

Holding for short time is not recommended because cryptocurrency price is very volatile in short time range.
If we cannot afford to hold for long time, we should sell the coin when the coin price has falling at a certain point, this is to cut further loses later if the coin price keep falling.

Salauddin1994

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 03:13:29 AM

I don't think it's foolish to believe the word hold because the crypto market always fluctuates there are many currencies that can make a long-term investment it is better to hold it for a certain period of time and sell it without keeping it for too long as it is less likely to reduce the price. But the most profitable to hold in the crypto market takes a long time but is reliable.
anume123

Activity: 700

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 03:39:57 AM

By the way hold some coins if not worth it if Bitcoin is not pumping up. Try to hold Bitcoin and then few other coins that have a potention to pump. But now I can't say there  will be a good coins that growing up except Bitcoin and ethereum.

kenelmark

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 03:58:42 AM

It is better to hold back than to sell the coins you have when they are worthless. Better to hold it until the price is much higher, my principle is better to hold than sell it when it's worthless. if there is an increase in price, you should immediately sell all the coins you have so you don't lose anymore.
The problem is waiting for an increase in the price of a coin that takes a long time, unless you hold a coin that is already popular and there are many enthusiasts in the market, because from some of the examples I have seen on new coins, when the coin has decreased in price, it will it is very difficult to get back to the top even though it can happen at unexpected times.
elmejorrematador

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 05:45:14 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2020, 05:03:10 AM by elmejorrematador

Now many projects use the stake system to encourage the users to hold their tokens and not to sell the tokens. This is the article about different staking systems and reward for holding tokens https://medium.com/bonfiorg/introducing-bonfi-web-staking-7368467d18cc

The long you hold money the more reward you have.
CryptoTrip

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 07:29:47 AM

I think that here everyone should do their own deep research into the tokens that you are going to keep for a long time. All the tokens that I had in 2017 are no longer worth anything, although in the medium term they could reach $ 2000-3000. Therefore, I consider only the medium-term outlook for altcoins (up to a year).

Natalim

Activity: 2954
Merit: 592

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 07:38:34 AM

I think that here everyone should do their own deep research into the tokens that you are going to keep for a long time. All the tokens that I had in 2017 are no longer worth anything, although in the medium term they could reach $ 2000-3000. Therefore, I consider only the medium-term outlook for altcoins (up to a year).
No one would hold that long if they are not convince about the future of the coin, thing is, during the year 2017 everything is worth as there was a hype of the ICO, but unfortunately, things have change when the correction started and that made most coins struggle, and actually even the popular coins now like ETH and BNB have struggled that time especially the ETH as it has yet to recover from its ATH.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: