Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:42:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we all fools on believing the word "HOLD"?  (Read 5735 times)
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2020, 07:56:10 AM

No, of course holding has great advantage in my own opinion. However, holding will depend on the market of cryptocurrency if market like now which having bitcoin to 11k and still market constantly goes high then I think it is an option already whether to hold or not.

As long as you have made a good buy when market was crashing or has a deep dip in terms of market price then earning may means of selling as of the current market. This is why the word HODL could optionally applied but if you are greedy and thinking that there might be bullish in bitcoin market price and it happens that you are right meaning you will have to receive big profit after you will sell your bitcoin or crypto.
Greatdev

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 08:52:17 AM

Only two out of ten coins will worth the wait if you plan to hold for years, many new projects will have very good start and at one time they will have good value too but as time goes on they will fade into the shadows and lose value in the process, just because Ethereum was once 50$ and now 380$ doesn't mean all coins will worth the same 10 years later, holding coins is a bigger risk

Lite_bro

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 05:47:01 PM

Now many projects use the stake system to encourage the users to hold their tokens and not to sell the tokens. This is the article about different staking systems and reward for holding tokens https://medium.com/bonfiorg/introducing-bonfi-web-staking-7368467d18cc

The long you hold money the more reward you have.

This approach is reasonable, it is interesting for both the developer and those who invested in the project. Developers may not be afraid that their coin will be sold in large quantities, and investors have a stable and passive profit.
ARTCOINSLV

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 03:30:47 PM

In 2018 I held tokens, I didn't sell them and i  lost 20k euros.
last year I sold tokens Swisborg - 18k, received 200 euros for them,  today they cost 1200 euros.
If I could see the future.
How can I guess ?
I think you should keep abreast of the project. Starting from following telegram groups and following their social media accounts because they usually announce good news on social media.

Don't forget to also follow other Crypto developments. so don't just guess.

I follow, but there are projects that you don't believe in and you stop following their news.
And then suddenly a surprise comes, your tokens could have made you rich, but you no longer have them  Grin
Review Master

Activity: 1428
Merit: 275

BitByte Crypto: https://link3.to/bitbytecrypto

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2020, 03:43:48 PM

I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

Maybe your dreams come true if new investors popup in the crypto markets which was happened in 2018 and buy at high price to pump your portfolio's coin, IMO.

Also, every altcoins are shitcoins except bitcoin and top altcoins which have real use-case. Every altcoins just pump because of hype. For an example, defi hype was at top in this year and now it's gone, but nft takes its place.

▄▄ BITBYTE CRYPTO ▄▄
Be A Crypto Veteran Together
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   TWITTER | TG GROUP | TG CHANNEL | YOUTUBE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 03:49:02 PM

There are phases in market for each currency. Accumulation, Advancing, Distribution and Declining. If you couldn't cashed out and exit during the first 3 phases, then you have to be a long term holder  Cheesy
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2020, 05:08:02 PM

"hold" isn't stupid at all. The future is unpredictable, as is the market's interest in cryptocurrencies which automatically affects the prices.

Let's just say you are gambling while "hold", maybe one of the coins you "hold" in the next few years will make you rich in 1 night.

mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 05:11:23 PM

It is better to hold back than to sell the coins you have when they are worthless. Better to hold it until the price is much higher, my principle is better to hold than sell it when it's worthless. if there is an increase in price, you should immediately sell all the coins you have so you don't lose anymore.
The problem is waiting for an increase in the price of a coin that takes a long time, unless you hold a coin that is already popular and there are many enthusiasts in the market, because from some of the examples I have seen on new coins, when the coin has decreased in price, it will it is very difficult to get back to the top even though it can happen at unexpected times.

Another thing with HODLing is those situations in which you are taking a break from working within the Cryptocurrency Industry to work on your personal life BUT in that moment, you might miss the chance to sell it at a high value and there is just no way to place notifications on these things. So selling it at your own will is still one of the best decisions because you never know when the value of Cryptocurrencies will increase or even decrease.

HODLing is still important but just make sure to create backup plans.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Kopetunto

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 11:49:48 PM

why fool? We can still trust the word 'HOLD', in cryptocurrency HOLD becomes an important meaning, this is like investing in stocks,
the difference is only in words, HOLD can indeed make us lose capital.
why? Because if you are wrong choosing the altcoin that you will HOLD, it is not impossible that you will be exposed to REKT.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 11:55:58 PM

why fool? We can still trust the word 'HOLD', in cryptocurrency HOLD becomes an important meaning, this is like investing in stocks,
the difference is only in words, HOLD can indeed make us lose capital.
why? Because if you are wrong choosing the altcoin that you will HOLD, it is not impossible that you will be exposed to REKT.

Only few alts are worth to hold. And all the others are trash as they lose their value fast. So if you are a serious investor, you should assess each coin you want to invest with. Check they actual progress of their developments, if there's any. Also, look for actual applications. Without those apps, basically they will die very soon. And don't forget to evaluate the capability of the team involved.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 01:30:05 AM

I can say that you have high confidence in altcoins, in my opinion the lack of a thorough calculation is a mistake why you lose. Some investors have an analysis and calculation, so that at least we can face less risk and we apply the word hold while market movements are still reasonable. why someone invests because of FOMO, because they see other people investing the same, or just investing without a careful calculation? It was quite surprising to me that it happened all the time.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
coinsycrip09

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 02:50:43 AM

I don't know you are very smart or stupid right now. but I am quite concerned about your condition.

if it's like this, I don't know what kind of advice to give you. giving up or holding on to it are both bad choices.
but if you keep holding the possibility of your money will come back. keep praying and keep hoping, maybe one day you will be lucky. don't worry, you are not alone. Smiley
baiwei

Activity: 541
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 12:29:55 AM

I disagree with what you said because not everyone who is holding a coins for a long period of time is being a fool. Because not all coins in the market are not worth holding for a long time. For me It depends maybe which of the coins you are holding and before you hold any coins you should know if it is worth holding for a long time or if not maybe that was the time you need to gave it up especially if the coin wasn't active from the market.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 01:10:07 AM

but if you keep holding the possibility of your money will come back. keep praying and keep hoping, maybe one day you will be lucky. don't worry, you are not alone. Smiley
How can you be sure if his asset price will go up and his capital will return?
He has held for over a year and there is no progress,
I would rather sell at a loss and buy other coins that have good potential, or if he has a lot of capital buying more coins without selling them is the right choice.
Swopon
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 120

Gamdom

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2020, 01:44:30 AM

I like to share my story being a crypto enthusiast, a trader and an investor at the same time.

I started in this forum in year 2015 when altcoins are still a good investment and Binance is still not the most popular exchange in the market.
I trade with Poloniex most of the time, sometimes I trade with Bittrex but then I realize that I am not so profitable with trading since I cannot focus on it due to the reason that i have a day job to prioritize.

Therefore, I started to invest for long term and I was entice by how the market moves and I was so optimistic that long term could really change my life.
So to make the story short, I invested with different altcoins and have help it until now.

Now, when the bull run comes, I still couldn't sell right away as I was getting greedy thinking I could earn more when I still hold.
of course, who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL, and I really do it, and just sell a small portion of my investment to reward myself temporarily was I was into a big goal with my remaining investment.

And then, the correction comes started in year 2018, and I still didn't panic, continue to hold and even accumulate a bit when I see price has really dump a lot, just imagine ETH drop 10 times, so its really cheap and really tempting for any investors. So here I am now, I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

So top 10 of my portfolio consist of the following based on my blockfolio.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

Please tell me if I should still expect I will be profitable or just give up now already.
In some cases, I must say Holding is the best option otherwise you have to pay for this. You mentioned you are a trader, so you have your strategy for analyzing altcoins. You are disappointing the market and many of us remain the same. It seems and established that trading is not for all rather than trading is for them who can enjoy it with profit. So you are the unlucky one who can not perform well in this section. So your continuous failure already down your confidence, so it will better to give up for someday and try to know more.

NameBaby

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 02:25:10 AM

Personally I do believe HODL is a valid investing mind frame.
Currently I only hold three coins, bitcoin, x42 protocol (this will be my biggest winner I am quite sure) and stratis, which I will probably sell because I really hate the whole 'strax' idea.

If you believe in a project, no only in what they promise but what they have delivered, you should definitely hodl. At least imo.

Hi, Why would you hate STRAX Yaseen. I think STRAX has better future than current Stratis. Any special reasons that I don't know about?
reza7777

Activity: 1414
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2020, 05:13:53 AM

The word HOLD can be used for potential altcoins like eth coins or coins 10 and above
I agree with you that "HOLD" is only for the top altcoins in order to reduce the risk of losing a lot of money, you also have to be able to fight greed because that can make everyone disappointed (because of the dump), so when you get enough profit then selling immediately is the right choice. right.
Make the past as lessons and experiences

▄█▄▄    ▄█▄
     ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀██▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀    ▀▀██▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄██▀    ██▄   ▀▀██▄
██      ██       ██      ██
▀██▄▄   ▀██   ▄▄███   ▄▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄    ▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
     ▀▀██▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀█▀     ▀█▀
N O D Y
nody.ai

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄███████████████▀▀███▀▀█▄
██████████████▀▄██▄▄    █
█████▀            ▀██▄▄██
█▀                    ▀██
█      ▄█▄    ▄█▄       █
█▄     ▀█▀    ▀█▀     ▄██
██                    ███
███    ▀▄      ▄▀    ████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄█████
██████▄▄        ▄▄███████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀

bitFlowers

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 05:26:09 AM

the HODL mentality usually doesn't incorporate a sell target. People seem to do this endlessly and regardless of price point. Same people usually complain when the price is under their buy in price. If you're going to HOLD, choose an exit price and HODL tight. Otherwise, trade.
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 05:29:40 AM

The word HOLD can be used for potential altcoins like eth coins or coins 10 and above, if you are holding new coins then to hold you should consider it you have to update the project to know the progress if the project has no sign of progress, it is better to sell coins not to hold.
to secure assets, indeed the 10 best altcoins are the right breakthrough. but if your analysis is strong, try to enter a new project because of the high investment profit, but if you don't have good analytical power, it's better not to at all and play it safe on the 10 best altcoins.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 06:13:20 AM

Be careful with those individuals who advice you to hold your coins. They may be having intentions which are not compatible with your well-being. I am someone who prefer long-term holding for Bitcoin, and some of the established alts. But from my experience, I would say that there is no point in holding lesser known altcoins for many years, because there is only 0.1% chance that they may survive for long.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: