Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:45:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we all fools on believing the word "HOLD"?  (Read 5735 times)
prince V

Activity: 812
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 09:16:52 AM

From what I see, only those who are really focused on monitoring the market and following the latest information can survive or make a profit.
For those of us who have other activities and only monitor the latest information from chat groups such as telegram groups, then we are easily fooled by the word HOLD.
I still remember, someone in the PundiX telegram group said "If PundiX can't reach the price of $ 1 then Bitcoin is bullshit" and many people supported his statement there.

MEGABSC FINANCE - HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN 
                                            WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BDBitcoinExpart

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 12:06:41 PM

I am holding some Bitcoin Gold coin. My Buy price 15.5. I bought the coin in early 2019. It has cost me a lot. I plan to hold it until 2020.
kenelmark

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 12:43:09 PM

just HOLD a few moment, crypto becoming bull run later. I think its time crypto to growing up, its my opinion.
Please feel that in accordance with the analysis that you have done, only when talking about the growth of crypto, obviously this has been happening for a long time if we look at the growth that occurred in the previous few years even though there is also a decline, now the problem is the bullrun you will say later This is obviously unpredictable because you will say it later, so try to be more specific so that everyone can prepare themselves for this.
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 02:46:40 PM

We are still embracing altcoin dreams, hoping and continuing to hope until an uncontrollable drop in value. With any altcoin falling off the trend, getting them back in value is difficult, takes a lot of money and time. I've been in the crypto market for a few years and I've had enough of it. The majority of altcoins that I have come across never come back. Now that I only really believe in Bitcoin, Bitcoin is the only one worth holding.
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 03:16:19 PM

You aren't fooling around if you are holding crypto coins, you just need to be sure that you are holding the best of the best and also keep following the projects to make sure they aren't out of place or the team don't end up going lazy ass, track the projects from time to time

Kezacky

Activity: 743
Merit: 10

https://www.epsiloan.xyz

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 04:03:51 PM

It is okay to keep a few coins for the long term but reconsider the coins you invest in as not all coins last long or always have a high selling value. the market situation can change at any time, and you also need to update your investment with coins that have a good selling price.

ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 04:22:42 PM

You aren't fooling around if you are holding crypto coins, you just need to be sure that you are holding the best of the best and also keep following the projects to make sure they aren't out of place or the team don't end up going lazy ass, track the projects from time to time

If you trust your instinct and you re not relying to anyone else aside from your own assessment and those teams behind the project then you are not

fooling yourself, it's a matter of how well you did your research and how big trust you are putting inside the coin, holding in hope that something big

will be deliver once the project proceed and reached the successions that they've promised.
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 04:42:27 PM

Only because of holdings a lot of altcoins price has rallied up that's the reason analyst say to hold when you buy in cheap and sell in its high, that's why crypto is always considered for long-term only patience will pay you the reward. Holding coin is not an embarrassment it's just an opportunity for further step.

Lore06

Activity: 792
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 05:00:20 PM

There's nothing wrong with the word Hold, what's wrong is that we do it just because someone else is saying it. If you want to decide to sell or hold, do your own research and don't trust information that seems really good in your chat group.
What you experience is the same as mine, because of other activities we don't focus on the altcoins that we have and then look for information instantly in group chat.

MEGABSC FINANCE - HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN 
                                            WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 03:08:36 PM

You bought coins with one reason. IF that reason is still true today then you hold them. If that reason is not true anymore see them. The point of hold is that you dont day trade. You dont sell today because price suddenly when down and you dont buy back tomorrow when price will suddenly go up. That is sure way to lose most very soon. But when reasons for you buying change then s no point of hold those coins. It is very simple.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2020, 03:17:02 PM

Holding did worked for early bitcoin buyers. But you should know when to exit. Anyone holding in and through the last all time high and at current time might be holding coins for 10 years without any profit. You can have your profit only when you sell. So, it's better to look at the market and buy and sell so that you be happy with your investment. Bitcoin may reach 100K in the future but there's no certainty and it would be not worth if it took another 100 years.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lifeOK

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 04:16:41 PM

Holding did worked for early bitcoin buyers. But you should know when to exit. Anyone holding in and through the last all time high and at current time might be holding coins for 10 years without any profit. You can have your profit only when you sell. So, it's better to look at the market and buy and sell so that you be happy with your investment. Bitcoin may reach 100K in the future but there's no certainty and it would be not worth if it took another 100 years.
Nothing wrong with starting at any point that's how we learn. All of us had to start somewhere but if you are not careful you might get caught in the hype of something. However, we should invite all new participants to the market, and HODL suite for them generally.
copoyes

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2020, 07:29:41 PM

There is nothing wrong with holding coins and believing in the project that will develop in the future, proving that we are strong support regardless of whether it is good or not, later it will return to our respective beliefs, but in my opinion it's better to hold half and half we sell when the price is good so there is an advantage to enter not 100% on all holdings so you don't experience a lot of losses
JNR

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

@JNRcryptobox

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 07:50:13 PM

I like to share my story being a crypto enthusiast, a trader and an investor at the same time.

I started in this forum in year 2015 when altcoins are still a good investment and Binance is still not the most popular exchange in the market.
I trade with Poloniex most of the time, sometimes I trade with Bittrex but then I realize that I am not so profitable with trading since I cannot focus on it due to the reason that i have a day job to prioritize.

Therefore, I started to invest for long term and I was entice by how the market moves and I was so optimistic that long term could really change my life.
So to make the story short, I invested with different altcoins and have help it until now.

Now, when the bull run comes, I still couldn't sell right away as I was getting greedy thinking I could earn more when I still hold.
of course, who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL, and I really do it, and just sell a small portion of my investment to reward myself temporarily was I was into a big goal with my remaining investment.

And then, the correction comes started in year 2018, and I still didn't panic, continue to hold and even accumulate a bit when I see price has really dump a lot, just imagine ETH drop 10 times, so its really cheap and really tempting for any investors. So here I am now, I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

So top 10 of my portfolio consist of the following based on my blockfolio.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

Please tell me if I should still expect I will be profitable or just give up now already.

in my opinion its better exchange your altcoins above with bitcoin, ethereum and Binancecoin my friend, i think its safer to Hold in long term

Follow my twitter JNR CryptoBox - then DM me i will follow you back
Just Contact Me if you Need Me
Ξ BITCOINTALK Ξ  Ξ TWITTER Ξ Ξ TELEGRAM Ξ 
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 11:43:59 AM

I like to share my story being a crypto enthusiast, a trader and an investor at the same time.

I started in this forum in year 2015 when altcoins are still a good investment and Binance is still not the most popular exchange in the market.
I trade with Poloniex most of the time, sometimes I trade with Bittrex but then I realize that I am not so profitable with trading since I cannot focus on it due to the reason that i have a day job to prioritize.

Therefore, I started to invest for long term and I was entice by how the market moves and I was so optimistic that long term could really change my life.
So to make the story short, I invested with different altcoins and have help it until now.

Now, when the bull run comes, I still couldn't sell right away as I was getting greedy thinking I could earn more when I still hold.
of course, who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL, and I really do it, and just sell a small portion of my investment to reward myself temporarily was I was into a big goal with my remaining investment.

And then, the correction comes started in year 2018, and I still didn't panic, continue to hold and even accumulate a bit when I see price has really dump a lot, just imagine ETH drop 10 times, so its really cheap and really tempting for any investors. So here I am now, I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

So top 10 of my portfolio consist of the following based on my blockfolio.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

Please tell me if I should still expect I will be profitable or just give up now already.

in my opinion its better exchange your altcoins above with bitcoin, ethereum and Binancecoin my friend, i think its safer to Hold in long term

If you were  at that time, you would also consider spreading your investment to different altcoins, maybe some or most of the coins in the list are shitcoins right now already, but during that time, they were so popular and they also had a big run, bittrex times if you still experience it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 11:54:38 AM

Most of us have the same mistakes like what you did, I started to make investment in altcoins in the first quarter of that year and I really made huge gains but I didn't yet sell it because of greed and also because one of the factors that you said where my fellow investors are also holding. When the dump happened, of course there is still fear and uncertainties that I felt but my hope and my faith are so strong wherein I really believed that it can recover but sadly it didn't happen and it was one of my regrettable experience. Holding are not applicable to all cryptocurrencies, just do HODL in a coin that have potential and also have high market capitalization.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2020, 01:01:12 PM

The problem is that altcoins are different from Bitcoin and they can't be compared. Bitcoin, back in 2011 and 2012 was a heavily underpriced asset. As a result, those who invested in it made a lot of profit. On the other hand, nowadays most of the altcoins are heavily overpriced and they are kept afloat through a lot of price manipulation. I would not recommend long term hold with them.
SaveOurSea

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 03:25:09 PM

HOLD is not a fools word, if you try to analyze what the word HOLD means you will realize,
try to imagine, if you HOLD bitcoin at the price of $ 5000, and now for $ 16,000, is that fools?

budi691

Activity: 1204
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 03:28:15 PM

when holding coins for a long time is not wrong, but if in doubt immediately sell when you have made a profit. not wrong or right when holding coins for a long time but how to get profit if we trade,
and lots of people get stuck in it which cost you a lot of money trying to hold it for such a long time
dr.cheema

Activity: 826
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 04:26:29 PM

Yeah I was holding my few projects worth 7k$ or more in 2017 and now holding many tokens (hidden gems you can say) worth nearly 1k$
If you really think that project can do anything that can make token more famous costly then you should hold otherwise sell and move to other best token that can give profit in few months.
Mostly investors trade their crypto assets daily and make it double in month, I also invested on token and suddenly pumped price and 100X profit. Hold token/coin but choose wisely. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: