Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:28:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we all fools on believing the word "HOLD"?  (Read 5735 times)
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 06:54:09 PM

To be honest i sometimes really think that i am an idiot for holding my coins for at least 1 year. I would have been way more efficient in everyone of my investments if i would have sold at peaks and accumulated more during dips.
The thing is you don't know if it is a peak or a low when i happens you know it later and to be an active trader takes way more effort than to buy into a promising project and hold the coins for a long time.
Also you need to consider that in some countries you have to pay taxes on profits that you make if you hold your investmenst less than a year.
Wenbing

Activity: 518
Merit: 32

There is gold in volatility..

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 06:55:52 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2021, 02:24:31 PM by mprep

~~
Now, when the bull run comes, I still couldn't sell right away as I was getting greedy thinking I could earn more when I still hold.

Please tell me if I should still expect I will be profitable or just give up now already.

Here is the crypto and investment analysis of your investment experience.

1. Firstly, the enemy of holding is greed.
Greed will tell you to keep holding till you'll make 1000% ROI.

2. Secondly, you cannot trade successfully when you can't focus on coin market trends.

My suggestion is this...

Hold but sell when there is a moderate increase in value...

Most of us have the same mistakes like what you did, I started to make investment in altcoins in the first quarter of that year and I really made huge gains but I didn't yet sell it because of greed and also because one of the factors that you said where my fellow investors are also holding. When the dump happened, of course there is still fear and uncertainties that I felt but my hope and my faith are so strong wherein I really believed that it can recover but sadly it didn't happen and it was one of my regrettable experience. Holding are not applicable to all cryptocurrencies, just do HODL in a coin that have potential and also have high market capitalization.

To add to your interesting comment...

In crypto market,  bull movements are the work of whale that want pump to create artificial increase in price thereafter they dump which always leave the street very very bloody.

Watch pumping tendencies and quickly cash out.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 07:18:47 PM

Most of us have the same mistakes like what you did, I started to make investment in altcoins in the first quarter of that year and I really made huge gains but I didn't yet sell it because of greed and also because one of the factors that you said where my fellow investors are also holding. When the dump happened, of course there is still fear and uncertainties that I felt but my hope and my faith are so strong wherein I really believed that it can recover but sadly it didn't happen and it was one of my regrettable experience. Holding are not applicable to all cryptocurrencies, just do HODL in a coin that have potential and also have high market capitalization.

To add to your interesting comment...

In crypto market,  bull movements are the work of whale that want pump to create artificial increase in price thereafter they dump which always leave the street very very bloody.

Watch pumping tendencies and quickly cash out.
As usual and it is not something new yet we do all know on how whales move but all of these are on unpredictable manner.There are still people who do took the gamble
on buying some alts which they do seem worth for them to hold and might able to make some huge profits later on when this alt will be pumped selectively.

Holding on something cant really be called fools because we cant make such decision on choosing it and throw some funds on it if we dont believe on it.
Neither you do believe on someone calls or recommendation thats why you do buy then thats the time i do consider a foolish step to take.
Dont ever tend to listen to others suggestion and always stick up with your own.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 07:25:23 PM

I do not know why you are feeling to be fooled because no one can force you to hold forever it is always your choice to keep holding or take profit.
I have seen many people making big fortune by investing the right coins and then holding for big times but you should know that it cannot happen over night all good things take time to build.

mexite

Activity: 706
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 07:44:51 PM

HODL is still valid but for just a select few cryptocurrencies. I was once trapped like this holding the wrong altcoins. I sold my BTC looking to invest in the next big crypto project in 2017. My crypto portfolio performed woefully when I missed the bull forming HODLer because of some influencers I listened to as I never had my strategy then. I FOMOed into some projects that never really worth it and just 2 years later, they are worth nothing.

Many have abandoned further development of their project. My advice is, if you are hodling any token for long term purpose, do check how the project is doing from time to time to know how it's performing. And never invest more than you can afford to lose.
CryptoTrip

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 09:39:40 AM

This word applies to coins such as bitcoin, ether and a few others. All the rest, I consider as speculative for a short or medium term no more. Yes, I remember there were times when I had pundiX that cost $ 4000, and after a short period of time a penny. Good thing I managed to sell at a relatively good price

umityesil

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2020, 10:21:16 AM

Xyo Coin Analysis. https://bitcoinheat.com/2020/11/16/xyo-coin-analysis/
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 11:17:16 AM

This word applies to coins such as bitcoin, ether and a few others. All the rest, I consider as speculative for a short or medium term no more. Yes, I remember there were times when I had pundiX that cost $ 4000, and after a short period of time a penny. Good thing I managed to sell at a relatively good price

it was really a terrible experience, I also had experiences when holding NXT when it was still over $ 1,
and now NXT is really like ashes, haha Hold is sometimes fun and even sad.
Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 12:15:36 PM

I like to share my story being a crypto enthusiast, a trader and an investor at the same time.

I started in this forum in year 2015 when altcoins are still a good investment and Binance is still not the most popular exchange in the market.
I trade with Poloniex most of the time, sometimes I trade with Bittrex but then I realize that I am not so profitable with trading since I cannot focus on it due to the reason that i have a day job to prioritize.

Therefore, I started to invest for long term and I was entice by how the market moves and I was so optimistic that long term could really change my life.
So to make the story short, I invested with different altcoins and have help it until now.

Now, when the bull run comes, I still couldn't sell right away as I was getting greedy thinking I could earn more when I still hold.
of course, who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL, and I really do it, and just sell a small portion of my investment to reward myself temporarily was I was into a big goal with my remaining investment.

And then, the correction comes started in year 2018, and I still didn't panic, continue to hold and even accumulate a bit when I see price has really dump a lot, just imagine ETH drop 10 times, so its really cheap and really tempting for any investors. So here I am now, I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

So top 10 of my portfolio consist of the following based on my blockfolio.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

Please tell me if I should still expect I will be profitable or just give up now already.
Be smart and keep holding your coins, those times when these coins are down in value are wrong timings, look at the market today, crypto is surging and some altcoins are already recovering too, if altcoins season starts later all your coins and tokens will bring you good ROI
Balladtony77

Activity: 378
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 05:18:08 PM

It's not going to be a easy task to hold coins for a very long time, most especially if you get in when bear market is just getting started, you can end up holding those coins for a long period of time, the fact is bear market always last longer than bull market so don't panic even if the tokens and coins you are holding are losing some value

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
taufik0911

Activity: 1274
Merit: 104

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2020, 10:51:49 AM

yes you are better off to sell all your assets and invest in other altcoins because some of the projects you mentioned above do not continue their project development
it will make your portfolio continue to decline but this is only based on fundamental analysis. You may currently have to investigate a bit of the continuation of the project you are participating in to determine whether to sell your assets or remain "HODL"

TopT3ns

Activity: 2604
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 11:03:24 AM

yes you are better off to sell all your assets and invest in other altcoins because some of the projects you mentioned above do not continue their project development
it will make your portfolio continue to decline but this is only based on fundamental analysis. You may currently have to investigate a bit of the continuation of the project you are participating in to determine whether to sell your assets or remain "HODL"
So far from the experience that I have, by holding is long-term trading, whereas if you are a day trader from the beginning then Hodl is not suitable for you, you have to use other methods, there is no other way to cut losses often so if you lose it is not too much.

the hodl method is only for people who are not in need of money, meaning that they can wait to profit for a long time.

darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 11:11:26 AM

Yes, when I was just new in the industry I was fooled by believing in the word "HODL". I've got lots of potential tokens during that time and if I have sold it then I supposedly profit a lot. But I do believe in the word HODL that time so I lose lots and never get ROI anymore. Now I can see those tokens just a display on my wallet.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2020, 11:23:57 AM

Yes, when I was just new in the industry I was fooled by believing in the word "HODL". I've got lots of potential tokens during that time and if I have sold it then I supposedly profit a lot. But I do believe in the word HODL that time so I lose lots and never get ROI anymore. Now I can see those tokens just a display on my wallet.
I've also had the wrong decision because of HODL. maybe we shouldn't be too greedy, and have to understand where we should sell these coins at the best price. I'm not against hodl, but in my opinion hodl only applies to coins with a high level of development with a credible and competent team.

darkphoenix2610

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 04:47:45 AM

I've also had the wrong decision because of HODL. maybe we shouldn't be too greedy, and have to understand where we should sell these coins at the best price. I'm not against hodl, but in my opinion hodl only applies to coins with a high level of development with a credible and competent team.
Yeah, being greedy makes us lose more instead of gaining profit. Anyway, we can always buy back if the tokens went dump or invest it on better tokens/coins. And HODL the tokens if it\s really potential or we are sure, such as BTC, ETH, and others. And note that if we HODL BTC even just a few months ago by now we are so much profit to get. Smiley
Eco_111

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 05:52:41 AM

I like to share my story being a crypto enthusiast, a trader and an investor at the same time.

I started in this forum in year 2015 when altcoins are still a good investment and Binance is still not the most popular exchange in the market.
I trade with Poloniex most of the time, sometimes I trade with Bittrex but then I realize that I am not so profitable with trading since I cannot focus on it due to the reason that i have a day job to prioritize.

Therefore, I started to invest for long term and I was entice by how the market moves and I was so optimistic that long term could really change my life.
So to make the story short, I invested with different altcoins and have help it until now.

of course, who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL, and I really do it, and just sell a small portion of my investment to reward myself temporarily was I was into a big goal with my remaining investment.

And then, the correction comes started in year 2018, and I still didn't panic, continue to hold and even accumulate a bit when I see price has really dump a lot, just imagine ETH drop 10 times, so its really cheap and really tempting for any investors. So here I am now, I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

So top 10 of my portfolio consist of the following based on my blockfolio.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

Holders aren't fools, you are using the present market condition to judge, all these altcoins are good for long term hold and I hope you are still holding them till today? If yes well that's a good move, now you can relax because altcoin season is coming, you will finally be able to make good money out of your portfolio, keep your eye on the market
Squezzi55

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 06:13:27 AM

Believe it or not it's finally the time for all holder to benefits and also it's never too late for people to start filling their bags with altcoins because once bitcoin run out of juice altcoins season will start and all those shitcoins will turn to something atleast, though I don't recommend going for shit coins

btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 06:25:04 AM

Yes, when I was just new in the industry I was fooled by believing in the word "HODL".
It should be a lesson for you, and try not to make the same mistakes,
HODL can be done as long as market trend has entered the bull market, if the trend has entered bear market then never do HODL because you will lose a lot of money.
Understand market trends if you want to invest in cryptocurrency, where will the market trend determine whether you have to HODL or not.
darkphoenix2610

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 06:33:30 AM

Yes, when I was just new in the industry I was fooled by believing in the word "HODL".
It should be a lesson for you, and try not to make the same mistakes,
HODL can be done as long as market trend has entered the bull market, if the trend has entered bear market then never do HODL because you will lose a lot of money.
Understand market trends if you want to invest in cryptocurrency, where will the market trend determine whether you have to HODL or not.
Yes, I agreed with you. That was really a lesson learned for me which I will never do again. For now, I only HOLD when the tokens/coins are really something with potential but I always make sure that when I already profit I always out my capital then and take some pf profit, the rest I just buy back and HODL.
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 08:11:26 AM

I think holding comes with personal decisions so I don't think anyone should be called names for any decision they take and believe will help them. Talking about holding, in recent times, everyone has been able to understand what it means to hold and the best way of doing that, that is, holding a coin like Bitcoin is a very good decisions but holding most new coins is not, because unlike Bitcoin which can be trusted, those coins can not be trusted. In addition, one of the things we need to fight against is greed, this has lead many people to regrets and so on.
Nevertheless, looking at your portfolio, I am still thinking of why you held till now; as new coins are coming up, attention will be moved from the old ones to the new ones unless that old one is of great value. Hence, I would suggest you sell off already and use your funds in coins like Bitcoin or Ethereum.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: