Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:58:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a scam?  (Read 472 times)
MURONDI

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 10:46:56 AM

do not easily trust anyone and do not be easily tempted, especially with friends who only you know on social media, avoid sending bitcoin to anyone especially in large numbers, in my opinion it's like fraud.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 10:59:11 AM

First of all, it isn't very wise for you to have someone else handle your money and trade for you. And it seems like you have little undrstanding of your crypto venture and just let this guy work with your money whichever way he likes. Most of us would recognize this instantly to be a scam. 2 btc at this point is quite a huge amount of money already so you better be careful. Question is, will heed the advice you get here?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 11:50:40 AM

2 Bitcoin is very much moneyand you have to think twice before depositing your money with someone else. Remember, at the moment it is very difficult to get Bitcoin and if you don't want to lose Bitcoin then you have to be careful. yes of course this is a scam. listen to the advice of good people here if you want to be saved. at this time there are so many scam now, don't believe it easily

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
angrybirdy

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 12:30:39 PM

First of all, it isn't very wise for you to have someone else handle your money and trade for you. And it seems like you have little undrstanding of your crypto venture and just let this guy work with your money whichever way he likes. Most of us would recognize this instantly to be a scam. 2 btc at this point is quite a huge amount of money already so you better be careful. Question is, will heed the advice you get here?
OP seems to trust so easily that he was able to let someone handle his money.
You have a point, for us that have been here for too long will easily recognize this as a scam and will not trust someone with our own money, trust is really important and it shouldn't be given to anyone especially to a stranger.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 12:49:23 PM

Never trust anyone who you have met online. A lot of people will promise you a lot of income in exchange for their service, and to deposit that amount to ***.  Have encountered this kind of scheme before and in all different  ways. The only pthing you need to know is to never ever let anyone handle your money online.

Those people who normally promises big income or returns with a little investment is almost always a scam, and scam mostly work online because it is where they can easily get people. Before you invest to someone or on anything make sure you know everything about that person or project because scammers are all over the net now waiting for their chance to fraud people so don’t trust anyone easily.
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 02:15:25 PM

Never trust anyone who you have met online. A lot of people will promise you a lot of income in exchange for their service, and to deposit that amount to ***.  Have encountered this kind of scheme before and in all different  ways. The only pthing you need to know is to never ever let anyone handle your money online.

Those people who normally promises big income or returns with a little investment is almost always a scam, and scam mostly work online because it is where they can easily get people. Before you invest to someone or on anything make sure you know everything about that person or project because scammers are all over the net now waiting for their chance to fraud people so don’t trust anyone easily.
Indeed. Scammers can easily attract or convince other people to participate and to invest in their project, if they make a platform that is too good to be true that they make a lot of promises for investors will be forced to invest their money. I also think that even you check every information in a project it could be a scam because most scam projects is unpredictable, that is why you should be careful on where you invest your money.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 02:21:07 PM

do not easily trust anyone and do not be easily tempted, especially with friends who only you know on social media, avoid sending bitcoin to anyone especially in large numbers, in my opinion it's like fraud.
And that was  obviously a fraud and want   you to send btc to the address  that  you have both can access . After that the btc you send to that address will transfer to another address. If hes really miners they should show and teach you how to mine not  asking for a btc. Social media is full of scammer everything you do you should always careful and think always  before given a trust to people.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 04:12:21 PM

And that was  obviously a fraud and want   you to send btc to the address  that  you have both can access . After that the btc you send to that address will transfer to another address. If hes really miners they should show and teach you how to mine not  asking for a btc. Social media is full of scammer everything you do you should always careful and think always  before given a trust to people.

That's why we should not trust anyone here in crypto, especially in social media and in telegram, as there's a lot of strategies of scammers for them to be able to make a quick buck, so we must be very careful all the time, especially those pretending that they don't know how to trade and they want you to trade for their coins/tokens, a lot of people were victim with this strategy. 
red4slash

Activity: 1288
Merit: 424

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 04:32:40 PM

You are right, we cannot trust anyone when it comes to money with the exception of your family. people outside of your family cannot be ascertained their honesty, and all things that are of value have a sensitive nature and therefore it would be better if managed alone

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 05:10:43 PM

Someone you know through social media and you have been in touch for a long time. What is your level of understanding about them? Have you met him yet? What is the relationship level of the two?
If you have met him, you know his home and your feelings are deep enough, you are rich enough, then try sending him 2 Bitcoin. If he rejects your message the next time you go, bring more friends to his house and get his property back. In the case that you said above I am sure it is a scam. You don't need to learn much about him. Create in this topic a pool we will vote for you Grin

Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 05:34:19 PM

Never ever trust a stranger whom you haven't met in person and even if you met already do not ever trust someone to have an access to your account. It's like you have been giving him the key to your house and he can freely do whatever he wants on it. That being said you will most likely near to get scam the moment you start to send him 2 BTC and that's it. End of communication!

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 05:50:34 PM

2 Bitcoin is very much moneyand you have to think twice before depositing your money with someone else. Remember, at the moment it is very difficult to get Bitcoin and if you don't want to lose Bitcoin then you have to be careful. yes of course this is a scam. listen to the advice of good people here if you want to be saved. at this time there are so many scam now, don't believe it easily
I recall the year 2016 when I was introduced to cryptocurrency and advised to invest in Bitcoin and Ethereum, while they promised a high-interest income.  It looked really strange and risky for me, while the voiced opportunities looked very unrealistic.  Nevertheless, I trusted those people who gave me this advice.  I will not say anything about the results of my investments in 2016, because everything is clear already, if I say that I was selling cryptocurrency at the end of 2017.  I earned not bad, but at the same time I am grateful to the source whom I trusted.  But I will always insist that almost all promises of big incomes and easy money from unknown sources are always a scam, although there are pleasant exceptions.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 06:35:26 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and in a situation where I need some advice.
A person I know, who I have been in contact with for months now (through social media), has been trading bitcoin for me and some friends. Everything seems to be fine and seems to be really trustworthy.

However.., now he is asking me to deposit 2 bitcoin on my Blockchain(.com) account, where he previously has had access to for the following reason;

He tells me he added me to bitcoin mining but there was a `server error' which he tracked down to my account and somehow all bitcoin is `encrypted in 1 block'. The result is a large amount of bitcoin in a `non-spendable/watch only' wallet that is sitting on my account.
He says he needs a minimum of 2 bitcoin to be added to my account to remotely start `decryption of the encrypted block', which he cannot deposit, since he is region locked. (We are from different regions)

So, to me this sounds like a scam.
1: I have done my research and found similar constructions related to non-spendable wallet scams.
2: Yes, he had access to the account, so could simply have added the watch only wallet..
3: I can not find anything about large amounts of bitcoin being encrypted in one block, and decryption being possible only after a deposit of x amount of bitcoin.

So the question is; what is your opinion on this topic?
I also noticed that the value (in dollars) of the non-spendable bitcoin is affected by market fluctuations. So the value shifts depending on what the coins are worth. Is this normal for a non-spendable wallet?

thx!
It is clearly a scam, If you really want to mine Bitcoin it is better to do it on your own so you could monitor it properly.
2 BTC is a huge amount and with that money you could already set up your own mining rig and start mining.
Always be careful on who you would trust specially on the internet we don't really know how long we could trust them because some of them are being nice to us to gain our trust and scam us.

tianglistrik

Activity: 626
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 06:59:07 PM

Never ever trust a stranger whom you haven't met in person and even if you met already do not ever trust someone to have an access to your account. It's like you have been giving him the key to your house and he can freely do whatever he wants on it. That being said you will most likely near to get scam the moment you start to send him 2 BTC and that's it. End of communication!
yes that's right, at least we have to know him closely. in crypto and also the internet is full of high anonymity that we can trust are the people closest to the rest we must always question and not give more trust
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2425

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 07:07:03 PM

Here is a golden rule which is going to keep you safe for the rest of your life:

If you cannot be sure whether if it is a scam or not, It is a scam without a doubt. Follow this rule and you'll never get scammed every again.

In this situation, since you are not sure about it, yes it is a scam.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 07:22:40 PM

Anything that sounds very profitable is likely a scam.
To most people that's more than clear, but there are people who keep falling for such scams, especially those who are either greedy or just in need of a financial boost. It's very sad that it happens but it's their problem.

At the end of the day, people learn from their mistakes by losing money. It means that you did something wrong. If people were to profit from greed and stupidity they wouldn't learn anything because it allowed them to make money.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Noxxsin (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 07:26:11 PM

Hi,

Thanks everyone for responding. I think you have confirmed my suspicion. He also sent me the following message:

'It's blockchain mining. Your blockchain alongside with several hundreds blockchain has been connected to the mining rig. The more connected blockchains, the faster the hash rate. You'll be earning freely and continually directly into your wallet per btc block mined and distributed, could be daily or weekly depending on hashrate.'

During this connection process to the mining rig, the server error occured and the Block got encrypted. So his description of the mining process seems legid. But how the Block got encrypted during connection still riddles me.

Does anyone have any information on that, and does anyone know if the non-spendable wallet should be showing market fluctuations?

Thx again.

Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 07:39:16 PM

He tells me he added me to bitcoin mining but there was a `server error' which he tracked down to my account and somehow all bitcoin is `encrypted in 1 block'. The result is a large amount of bitcoin in a `non-spendable/watch only' wallet that is sitting on my account.
He says he needs a minimum of 2 bitcoin to be added to my account to remotely start `decryption of the encrypted block', which he cannot deposit, since he is region locked. (We are from different regions)

Money to "unlock" money is pure scam. If he gave you money, keep it or return it to the same address he send it from, that is your call. But don't give anything yours to the scammer.

There is no such thing as needing money to unlock money, that is absolute and pure lie.

Just tell him no, and if he keeps pestering, block / remove the contact from your social media. There is no need to confront him, just say no and move along. Maybe later post an "unrelated message" about how requesting money to unlock money is fraud to your social media...

Buy your own bitcoins, and keep them in your own separate wallet. Market fluctuations have nothing to do with anything, Bitcoin is another coin, its value is not locked to any other coin, or asset. It has its own value, and only the market decides what that value is at any given time, therefore it fluctuates freely.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 07:42:05 PM

Its time to request for your bitcoin if he can send it. Get yourself a wallet with your private keys, send the address.It might be difficult to recover but get to know him more, get friends to have access to his detail by location and on social media. You could get to know his friends or people around his location that can help you though to him.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 08:47:01 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and in a situation where I need some advice.
A person I know, who I have been in contact with for months now (through social media), has been trading bitcoin for me and some friends. Everything seems to be fine and seems to be really trustworthy.

However.., now he is asking me to deposit 2 bitcoin on my Blockchain(.com) account, where he previously has had access to for the following reason;

So, to me this sounds like a scam.
1: I have done my research and found similar constructions related to non-spendable wallet scams.
2: Yes, he had access to the account, so could simply have added the watch only wallet..
3: I can not find anything about large amounts of bitcoin being encrypted in one block, and decryption being possible only after a deposit of x amount of bitcoin.

So the question is; what is your opinion on this topic?
I also noticed that the value (in dollars) of the non-spendable bitcoin is affected by market fluctuations. So the value shifts depending on what the coins are worth. Is this normal for a non-spendable wallet?

thx!
Umm.. you really asking if this is a scam or not? Wake up man. This is a simple scam which only "stupid" people will fall for. The classic build trust and then scam game. He traded with you to build his trust. He got access to your account (I don't know why in the world would you give some random people to access your account? Probably gained your trust already and he noticed it!) and once you send those 2 btc *poof* he is no where to be found!

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: