Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:43:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here’s How Much of Each Major Altcoin Is Owned by Whales  (Read 245 times)
cheezcarls (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 09:27:56 AM

IntoTheBlock has documented what percent of each cryptocurrency is held in the richest addresses. What they found shouldn’t surprise anyone.

It’s difficult to assess the extent of inequality within cryptocurrency ecosystems. After all, they could be exchanges or custodial groups—but, in some cases, a few whales really do own a large portion of the circulating supply of some cryptocurrencies.

Here is the source link for the full news

I know the feeling of “Fear of Missing Out” during the time that Ethereum and the others are still cheap back then. Although I knew about Bitcoin last 2014, but I didn’t take it seriously and not investing a single dime there. Same thing goes to Ethereum, Cardano, Bitcoin Cash and the others.

I really wanted to be a “whale”, but the entire crypto market is now in uncertainty and doubt, as most of the tokens were totally “shitcoins” and ended up as “exit scam” or getting abandoned by the founding team. Only a handful right now might be worth holding, but no guarantees that they will have the same kind of “wave” as Bitcoin, Ethereum and the others when they’re still in the early stages.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 11:05:56 AM

IntoTheBlock has documented what percent of each cryptocurrency is held in the richest addresses. What they found shouldn’t surprise anyone.

It’s difficult to assess the extent of inequality within cryptocurrency ecosystems. After all, they could be exchanges or custodial groups—but, in some cases, a few whales really do own a large portion of the circulating supply of some cryptocurrencies.

I know the feeling of “Fear of Missing Out” during the time that Ethereum and the others are still cheap back then. Although I knew about Bitcoin last 2014, but I didn’t take it seriously and not investing a single dime there. Same thing goes to Ethereum, Cardano, Bitcoin Cash and the others.

I really wanted to be a “whale”, but the entire crypto market is now in uncertainty and doubt, as most of the tokens were totally “shitcoins” and ended up as “exit scam” or getting abandoned by the founding team. Only a handful right now might be worth holding, but no guarantees that they will have the same kind of “wave” as Bitcoin, Ethereum and the others when they’re still in the early stages.
Upon all the fear going around in crypto space yet mainstream is taking step bit by bit, this bearish year is full of better crypto news and there is still room for better adoption with the way things are going now, real life crypto stores is adoption, ukraine, croatia, turkey all have physical stores now
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 11:26:12 AM

Probably they owned around 30 percent because as the matter of fact they cannot make a swing in the growth rate suddenly if they don't have big contribution in it. So for me it's  either30 percent 40 for example.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 11:39:14 AM

I prefer to have more information about these addresses. Are exchanges also in this list? if there is, it would not be right to call them "whales".

We all want to be whales. Cheesy But we are late for the chance these whales got.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 11:47:02 AM

No one can know or have the actually information about the altcoin owned by the whales. With that been said, the crypto is certain and not full of doubt as you thought. I believe the major problem people/investors had these days is the act of using old strategies which only work before the previous ATH market.
If you're fear of missing out and dont miss another opportunity invest in already working project now that the market price are low dont invest in new altcoin which you dont know how to select the genuine project.

tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 11:47:34 AM

I prefer to have more information about these addresses. Are exchanges also in this list? if there is, it would not be right to call them "whales".

We all want to be whales. Cheesy But we are late for the chance these whales got.
Most of them are surely exchanges but the holding of Cardano seems troublesome. This also proves bitcoin is one of the most decentralized coin.
This could also be a good news for investors looking for a bull run as whales still believe in those coins. But it's not a good news for overall intention of crypto.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 11:57:37 AM

Most of these "whales" are actually the cold wallet storage addresses of the major exchanges.

What studies like this overlook is that at the moment people keep more coins in exchanges than they do in their own wallets. Some people even use exchanges as their wallets.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 12:10:24 PM

What is certain about this stuff is probably they hold more than 20% of world's total supply of alts or bitcoin. Since they are a big company or huge groups they maybe have alot of sectors or a group tree which shows the connection at every part of each branches which has at least alot of crypto currencies to hold. I am just spitting up an imagery of what I thought of range of total hold of whales that are enough to manipulate a changes in the market.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 01:12:49 PM

Most of the rich addresses are probably owned by exchanges or similar platforms that manage large amounts of cryptocoins for many people.

whales really do own a large portion of the circulating supply of some cryptocurrencies.

This is probably the case with small/unpopular coins. You would expect that as the cryptocoins grow and become popular, the developers "large portions" get dwarfed but this is not really the case.

ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 01:23:08 PM

I think that basically the largest holders of altcoins are exchange wallets or project teams. Now there are very few individuals who invest a lot of money in weak altcoins

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 01:26:51 PM

I think al ot of us know the feeling of missing out durring the time when there was a whole bunch of shit-coins and other clone projects and there were a few really good Blockchain projects starting up back then. I definitely missed out on the first few years of Bitcoin but there was no excuse for me not to invest within Ethreum. I thought It was another gimmick because I didn't understand smart contracts at the time. As a newbie speculator and first time ever investor, I ran in to a lot of trouble trying to understand the white paper, I Had a gut feeling that it would be big, now I've been kicking myself ever since.  Undecided

suryapro

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 01:34:51 PM

Feelings of fear and worry are common if we want to invest in a project. but to reduce your doubts, please invest in coins that already have a sale value, and a fairly stable price, for example Bitcoin and Ethereum maybe.

stobox 
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
◉ ───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin  ─────── ◉
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 01:39:19 PM

in fact those good alts are not a scam but because our crypto market has no rules and no one stands out to protect the market from manipulation so those who have a lot of money will want to hold lots of coins than for later manipulation. This is a common story in markets where there is no law and small traders like us are under pressure and worried about pushing or dumping the prices of the whales. I really don't like this and hopefully in the future, the crypto market will be protected by the SEC and the wallet accounts must be clearly publicized to avoid this manipulation forever.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████