Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:27:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people still think we can make it past 1000 anytime soon?  (Read 5635 times)
Zapffe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:16:27 AM

Why people still think we can make it past 1000 anytime soon?

Wall street.

I think that ETF will be the final hope for bitcoin cultists. The final hope that there still is a reason for the price to rise. This hope will probably diminish painfully slowly. Bitcoin will probably not succeed in Wall Street and the reason is simple: most of the bitcoin owners are not known, and with all probability are criminals like drug dealers or computer crackers from the Tor Web days. Regulators will never let this go through, because when some "early adopter from silkroad" dumps 1mil BTC, and the price drops to 1 cent in minutes, then what will people do? Of course blame the regulators and the government for enabling criminals to infiltrate an honest exchange.

I think this post is incorrect on many levels and in many ways. It's full of all kinds of wrong

I think that you probably felt physical pain when you imagined this scenario.
It's alright *in an comforting voice*. Bitcoin will succeed with ETF, and the entire world will start to invest in bitcoin. You'll be rich beyond dreams, and all while having no education or even having to do any work. Everyone will buy bitcoins because they are just so stupid, that they like to make your coins more expensive for the sheer fun of it. People just will be this dumb, that they can't figure out that they can actually start using alternatives, that doesn't include filling your pockets. It's alright, boy.. it's alright.. there's no pain anymore..

Boy, you come in here with a gun loaded with weak sauce. 

You can do better.  ETFs, Wall Street, 1 million bitcoins. Lol. Funny stuff.

Yes, all extremely funny. I bet that you are banging your fist on the table out of pure laughter on how funny it all was. Now you can rest in peace with certainty, that all the people from Wall Street are indeed people with intellectual disability, and they will buy bitcoins just to make your coins more expensive.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:18:52 AM

Wall street.

I think that ETF will be the final hope for bitcoin cultists. The final hope that there still is a reason for the price to rise. This hope will probably diminish painfully slowly. Bitcoin will probably not succeed in Wall Street and the reason is simple: most of the bitcoin owners are not known, and with all probability are criminals like drug dealers or computer crackers from the Tor Web days. Regulators will never let this go through, because when some "early adopter from silkroad" dumps 1mil BTC, and the price drops to 1 cent in minutes, then what will people do? Of course blame the regulators and the government for enabling criminals to infiltrate an honest exchange.

I think this post is incorrect on many levels and in many ways. It's full of all kinds of wrong

It's alright *in an comforting voice*. Bitcoin will succeed with ETF, and the entire world will start to invest in bitcoin. You'll be rich beyond dreams, and all while having no education or even having to do any work. Everyone will buy bitcoins because they are just so stupid, that they like to make your coins more expensive for the sheer fun of it. People just will be this dumb, that they can't figure out that they can actually start using alternatives, that doesn't include filling your pockets. It's alright, boy.. it's alright.. there's no pain anymore..

You can do better.  ETFs, Wall Street, 1 million bitcoins. Lol. Funny stuff.

Yes, all extremely funny. I bet that you are banging your fist on the table out of pure laughter on how funny it all was. Now you can rest in peace with certainty, that all the people from Wall Street are indeed people with intellectual disability, and they will buy bitcoins just to make your coins more expensive.

Ha. You're so lost you don't even have a clue what I believe. But keep shooting in the dark, it's entertaining.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:20:41 AM

Check new registrations count, its above 35k till now. Last months total registration were 25k. So i guess fresh air is coming and it will take us to the moon soon.

Zapffe

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:23:20 AM

And you didn't understand that the whole point was, that you can't prove who are the owners of the coins in existence. The owners could be vampires, they could be aliens or they could even be squirrels with high levels of intelligence, caused by mutation from nuclear waste.
The point here is, that most of the bitcoin owners are not known.
Are all gold owners known, got documentation?

You are comparing the best known precious metal, that has a history of thousands of years of ownership and that's biggest stockpiles are registered, to an cryptocurrency with a history of 5 years with most of it involving drug trade and without virtually any registered ownership.

When you seriously believe that it's a suitable comparison, then try to read the same thing over couple of more times. If that doesn't help, then give yourself a good pat on the shoulder and rest with certainty that gold is just as fragile as bitcoin.
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:23:45 AM

I think, Because the worst news is behind us now.
We didnt really see a super big drop with all that bad gox news.
And now its just a steady race back up again.
Soon people get vacation money and it is time to invest again.
Im sure more and more people are seeing bitcoin newsarticles, and are getting interested to.
So thatshy I think we are gonna see 1000 soon again.
Zapffe

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:25:23 AM

Wall street.

You can do better.  ETFs, Wall Street, 1 million bitcoins. Lol. Funny stuff.

Ha. You're so lost you don't even have a clue what I believe. But keep shooting in the dark, it's entertaining.

I think that mister Hercule Poirot could solve the dark mystery on what you believe in. Some could say that you believe in bitcoin, but it doesn't show at all!
Cyberlight

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:31:16 AM

And you didn't understand that the whole point was, that you can't prove who are the owners of the coins in existence. The owners could be vampires, they could be aliens or they could even be squirrels with high levels of intelligence, caused by mutation from nuclear waste.

You are comparing a best known precious metal, that has a history of thousands of years of ownership and that's biggest stockpiles are registered, to an cryptocurrency with a history of 5 years with most of it involving drug trade and without virtually any registered ownership.

When you seriously believe that it's a suitable comparison, then try to read the same thing over couple of more times. If that doesn't help, then give yourself a good pat on the shoulder and rest with certainty that gold is just as fragile as bitcoin.

You don't answer my question, are large particular gold holders documentated in a database?
Zapffe

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:41:59 AM

You are comparing a best known precious metal, that has a history of thousands of years of ownership and that's biggest stockpiles are registered, to an cryptocurrency with a history of 5 years with most of it involving drug trade and without virtually any registered ownership.

You don't answer my question, are large particular gold holders documentated in a database?

Yes they are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_reserve

Are you ready to give yourself a good pat on the shoulder, that there probably are also a lot of secret gold storages that was digged by The Annunaki while enslaving the human race, and therefor... gold is just as fragile as bitcoin! What makes gold especially as fragile as bitcoin, is that it also has lot's of intrinsic value in electronics and jewelry.

I bet all the big shots in Wall Street see the things just as you.
So, nothing to see here, nothing to worry about. Bitcoin is as strong as gold or god, or an golden god!
Cyberlight

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:48:04 AM

particular gold holders

Not an ETF.
Zapffe

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:20:17 AM

The small gold holder doesn't matter as long as an overview can be made over the biggest holders of the market. For instance, if already 9mil. of bitcoins would be accounted for, then you could let the other 3,5mil slide, and just hope for them to be hoarded up in some legit storage. It would still be a risk, but with a much lower factor. The current evidence, or you could rather say the lack of evidence, about ownership, is the thing that makes buying bitcoin risky to an man with financial experience. Investing smart, means learning as much as you can about the field and knowing all the important factors that could influence the market price. Bitcoin was an high-risk/high-gain investment, but now it has become too bloated for that. All thee the previous risks remain, making it now an high-risk/low-gain investment.

That's what I'm trying to tell here, that there is no point in getting your hopes up with ETF. Please don't start telling me things that particular gold holder anonymity, is comparable the anonymity that is the biggest part of the bitcoin market. It's senseless to ignore the long history, that gold has with human civilization, and the trust that this history brings into the equation.
When dealing with wealth, then it's all about trust. Wealth flows into people or places that can be trusted..
Cyberlight

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:29:29 AM

That's what I'm trying to tell here, that there is no point in getting your hopes up with ETF. Please don't start telling me things that particular gold holder anonymity, is comparable the anonymity that is the biggest part of the bitcoin market. It's senseless to ignore the long history, that gold has with human civilization, and the trust that this history brings into the equation.
When dealing with wealth, then it's all about trust. Wealth flows into people or places that can be trusted..

Please tell me more about the large gold price manipulation by gold cartels.
rogerwilco

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:50:00 AM

First there was:

3.  Because the rise of newbie troll accounts that get created every time post-bubble, coming in and trolling with negative press links, spreading FUD, and trying to get people to sell.  Incidentally(if you are not into stocks) this type of activity happens on EVERY stock message forum as well, especially with pennie stocks.  It is all a psychology game.  The newbie bear trolls are the SHARK TRADERS, wanting cheaper coins.  Don't you guys get that?  Or are you just that gullible??  When you see this type of troll/bear activity heat up, you need to BUY not SELL.  Because the sharks know that the bear market won't last forever.

Then the next post was:

Why has no one else pointed this out yet?
Zapffe

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:53:15 AM

Please tell me more about the large gold price manipulation by gold cartels.

Of course they are manipulating the gold market, like most other markets are manipulated by large holders who are artificially restricting supply or simulating demand. What makes a difference with bitcoin, is that these sides are known and their interests are known and trusted. They know that they have to keep their methods refined, so it won't create too big of an outcry. People in finance know this and they trust these manipulators to be stable and subtle enough because they have a known history. With bitcoin, you don't know the players who could turn the game, and that is not knowing one of the most important things that you should know when investing.

I'm going to sleep for today. I hope that you really needed this explanation and you weren't just trolling me with pretending not to understand the difference.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:44:30 AM

If we follow the current pattern, expect the next jump up to be in September, to about 3-5K.

I used to think any prediction of $1,000+ was crazy.
When we had the China Bubble from ~265 to ~1,200 I (re-)learned how amazing these Rallies can be.
The next one will take time, but it will happen.

DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:49:17 AM

LOL..

10 000 U$ before 2015.. Because Bitcoin is so awesome.. Peoples just dont realize yet !
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:51:59 AM

LOL..

10 000 U$ before 2015.. Because Bitcoin is so awesome.. Peoples just dont realize yet !

You are saying $10,000 later this year (before 2015)
Isn't that a bit optimistic?

ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:08:18 AM

When you're emotionally attached to bitcoin...

I'd say you seem to be more emotionally attached to Bitcoin than anyone else posting in this thread...alas a negative attachment.

As for your drug dealer bogeyman dumping 1mil btc on the market - it has been proved beyond reasonable doubt that the only entity controlling that much btc is satoshi (and his btc have never moved). DPR probably still has lots of coins even after the seizure but he probably won't be dumping any time soon Smiley Of course it is in the realm of possibility that one entity has indeed amassed 1mil btc somehow and they can, of course, dump them on stamp or wherever to crash the price. They'd have to be extremely stupid or nefarious to do that and all of these factors combined make for a pretty small possibility imo. Bitcoin has far greater threats to withstand than theoretical drug lord billionaires dumping btc until it goes to zero.

Oh well, I dislike "cultists" myself for they make onlookers focus on something else besides the core technology which is what it important here. But your way of presentation doesn't help any sort of rational case either  Roll Eyes

EDIT: oh and to stay on topic - given past history and Bitcoins current phase of development, as well as its market cap...it's not unreasonable at all to expect 1000$/btc, even this year. It makes for only a 10billion+ USD market cap, which is STILL a very small pool of liquidity (given that most of the coins are not for sale at any given time) for the purposes btc could be used.

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:23:24 PM

Buffet once said - trading is process of redistributing wealth from least patient to most patient  Wink

I like that statement for many reasons.

To the OP: If you agree with the fundamental improvement of bitcoin over our fiat systems it would be easy to see why its value and price is/will be over $1000/coin/

People who think that bitcoin can replace fiat are the ones who learn about finance from youtube videos.
To replace fiat, bitcoin supply should be fixed according to some practical everyday resource like oil, coal, corn etc. Only then it would have price stability. The pseudo-resource of fixed rate coin mining is a foolish way to control money. If bitcoin would become world currency, then unfair wealth distribution would increase tenfolds.

People who think that bitcoin should be fixed to some practical everyday resource are the ones who learn about bitcoin, economics, and finance from people who know little about any of the three.

Zapffe

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:33:37 PM

Buffet once said - trading is process of redistributing wealth from least patient to most patient  Wink

To the OP: If you agree with the fundamental improvement of bitcoin over our fiat systems it would be easy to see why its value and price is/will be over $1000/coin/

People who think that bitcoin can replace fiat are the ones who learn about finance from youtube videos.
To replace fiat, bitcoin supply should be fixed according to some practical everyday resource like oil, coal, corn etc. Only then it would have price stability. The pseudo-resource of fixed rate coin mining is a foolish way to control money. If bitcoin would become world currency, then unfair wealth distribution would increase tenfolds.

People who think that bitcoin should be fixed to some practical everyday resource are the ones who learn about bitcoin, economics, and finance from people who know little about any of the three.

People who can't understand the value of currencies price stability and security, are the ones who learn finance from youtube videos, and who think that schools are evil, because they aren't fun and easy like the youtube videos they prefer. The best "educational" videos are made by guys whose username is something like Bitcoin$$Playa and who can confirm that bitcoin is especially secure because of it's speculative value without an anchor. So, everyone should buy now to become Ze New w0rld l33tz.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:48:39 PM

Buffet once said - trading is process of redistributing wealth from least patient to most patient  Wink

People who can't understand the value of currencies price stability and security, are the ones who learn finance from youtube videos, and who think that schools are evil, because they aren't fun and easy like the youtube videos they prefer. The best "educational" videos are made by guys whose username is something like Bitcoin$$Playa and who can confirm that bitcoin is especially secure because of it's speculative value without an anchor. So, everyone should buy now to become Ze New w0rld l33tz.

Lol. What was your username pre-3/14/14?  I have a few guesses.

You are like bear troll 101. Straight out of the fud-to-bring-price-low while pump-to-get-price-high handbook.

Right now you love LTC. No coincidence that you arrived right before the LTC houbi buy the rumor sell the news pump and dump.

You'll be gone from here in another week or so. And will be forgotten. He'll, they probably already miss you over at the btc-e troll box.  

Meanwhile, for the rest of us, life goes on as normal.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: