Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:58:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Regulation of Shit coins  (Read 4789 times)
Mylo (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

%insert your text% soon!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:02:52 AM

Dear Bitcointalk.org staff,

I value this board as much as you and take good deal of time to manage the garbage scumbags trying to pour on unexperienced kind of members.
These shitster "devs", not developers as you might know them, generate zero value to community and all they do is sucking our time and resources.

I'm talking about a ton of new coins under 1-day accounts which are generated with zero intention to make any good but succumb BTCs all over crypto world.
If there is no way to hold off an army of sleazy bastards this world holds for any pityful reason we might get a roundabout on them which might seem hard to bypass.

How about we make an "Announcements (Altcoins)" section of "Alternate cryptocurrencies" sub-forum a place restricted to 1-day "wonders"?
What if the place will be regulated to the Activity: 100+ only status to start an announcement of the coin?
Leave all those "devs" to get themselves started somewhere else, there are some itty bitty ones they deserve to be.

As a member of several well respected invite-only communites I know how is it to have a kid walking around the places spamming his way up - usually they don't survive.
Well, first of all it is a moderator's job to watch closely for those goons but we might be the guards of your sleep by pointing you out to right direction.
dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:17:50 AM

Post this on the meta section.

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2002
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:22:46 AM

To be honest, if they were to listen to you, even you couldn't write in that thread since you have <100 activity.

As far as the new scamcoins and shitcoins are concerned, you might block them, and they will move somewhere else. And i'm sure forum staff doesn't want to loose so much traffic.

Besides, if you feel coins are bad, just avoid them all together.
I agree some are total BS and are ment to rob people of their BTC, but i also see that around 1/3 of supporters really like the coin.
So you never know, shitcoin one day, popular the other. (like Doge, and so many other)
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:26:51 AM

And i'm sure forum staff doesn't want to loose so much traffic.
LOL!

Seriously, (part of) the forum staff sees alt-section as a trash can, and a way to prevent littering other parts of the forum with alt-coin drama.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
btcltcdigger

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:28:52 AM

And i'm sure forum staff doesn't want to loose so much traffic.
LOL!

Seriously, (part of) the forum staff sees alt-section as a trash can, and a way to prevent littering other parts of the forum with alt-coin drama.

I'm sure part of them do, other part doesn't.

But in the end, it's their decision
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:50:17 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 07:51:33 AM by bitcats

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Mylo (OP)

%insert your text% soon!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:48:50 AM

To be honest, if they were to listen to you, even you couldn't write in that thread since you have <100 activity.

As far as the new scamcoins and shitcoins are concerned, you might block them, and they will move somewhere else. And i'm sure forum staff doesn't want to loose so much traffic.

Besides, if you feel coins are bad, just avoid them all together.
I agree some are total BS and are ment to rob people of their BTC, but i also see that around 1/3 of supporters really like the coin.
So you never know, shitcoin one day, popular the other. (like Doge, and so many other)
That's why I won't plan starting another shit coin just to fill up my pocket with 1 hit wonder.

Missing an opportunity of starting a worthy coin after reaching Activity: 100+ will be a member's lifetime chance either wasted or not.
btcltcdigger

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:16:32 PM

That's why I won't plan starting another shit coin just to fill up my pocket with 1 hit wonder.

Missing an opportunity of starting a worthy coin after reaching Activity: 100+ will be a member's lifetime chance either wasted or not.

Well, i started another forum user 48 hours ago, and it currently has 102 activity rating....so....
Mylo (OP)

%insert your text% soon!

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:02:19 AM

Well, i started another forum user 48 hours ago, and it currently has 102 activity rating....so....
I won't tell anything knew to you today, so... you are full of shit.
C64_4EVA

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:43:31 PM

how can you tell which new coins are "shit" and which ones are worthwhile investments? i'm new to cryptos so i'd appreciate any advice!

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:05:26 PM

how can you tell which new coins are "shit" and which ones are worthwhile investments? i'm new to cryptos so i'd appreciate any advice!
Research. Look at trends and so forth. If you want to make quick and fast money, then expect to get burned quite a few times (if you aren't lucky that is).
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 04:09:14 PM

Blah blah. Blah blah blah

jparsley

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:23:35 PM

New users creating coins is a sign of a scam, it should not be allowed

please unban me.
lamontweaver

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 05:39:24 PM

So many people want to play Sheriff. Never enough rules for them.

juanbond

Activity: 96
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:47:05 PM

Seems to me like 1-day accounts should still be allowed to announce coins...  True, they may be highly likely to be shitcoins, but who knows.

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:41:15 PM

In general, new users are much more likely to release a "scam" coin, but that doesn't mean a person who has been around for a while isn't prone to releasing a "scam" coin too.

Still though, I'd prefer to have a restriction that the OP proposed. That way, if someone really wants to scam, they have to put some "time" into it. And really, that's a pretty damn good deterrent. Plus, since they'll have a posting history, if they are just full of fluff, it'll be easier to find out.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:03:46 AM

I suggest checking out some of the scoring on CoinsSource. We have ranked and graded coins appropriately to their current standings.

www.coinssource.com
crunchynut

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:05:00 AM

if you could stop spamming your link everywhere, that would be nice.

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: