Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:00:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance to Sue the Block and raises 200 bitcoins to fight fud.  (Read 230 times)
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 11:04:13 PM

Nah, I don't think that Binance should go on this route. CZ already know the state of crypto journalism and I don't think that it will improved in the next coming years.
This could be good route but its very very low chance for it that it really is.
When you attack journalists you often lost already, i hope for the best for them because they are one of the biggest in bitcoin world.
Keep in mind many biggest failed already badly, so time will tell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 11:10:58 PM

Binance is livid with it’s reputation taking a hit due to yesterday’s fud news which claimed that it’s Shangai offices were raided, and has decided to teach the Block a lesson by suing them for spreading fud news.

It’s pertinent to note that Binance CEO and Justin have decided to contribute total of 200 btc to fight fud, though there’s no clarification on how they’ll use these funds.

Now many will wonder what did sites like the block gain when they spread such fud news, well the answer is simple Traffic, their article went viral, advertisement revenues etc. In my opinion news sites should avoid sharing fud news articles, and especially articles that can damage an entire industry like we saw yesterday when bitcoins prices dropped $1000 in a matter of few hours.

While many members are able to spot fud news some are not able to spot it so how can we tackle the fud news, and help bitcoin users outside this forum because it’s high time we stopped these fud news from going viral.

Sources:

https://bitcoinist.com/binance-to-sue-the-block-for-damaging-the-exchanges-reputation/

https://mobile.twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1197720622681321472

I'm very glad that Binance is interested in fighting FUD.  FUDs are the major contributors of panic and fear in the entire crypto ecosystem. I just hope that this action of Binance will not be a short period action to increase their users on their platform. Nobody in this world does anything without having a main motive behind their actions. Fighting the spread of FUDs will help newbies and others trust the use of cryptocurrencies without having doubts and fear.
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 04:20:43 PM

Binance is livid with it’s reputation taking a hit due to yesterday’s fud news which claimed that it’s Shangai offices were raided, and has decided to teach the Block a lesson by suing them for spreading fud news.

It’s pertinent to note that Binance CEO and Justin have decided to contribute total of 200 btc to fight fud, though there’s no clarification on how they’ll use these funds.

Now many will wonder what did sites like the block gain when they spread such fud news, well the answer is simple Traffic, their article went viral, advertisement revenues etc. In my opinion news sites should avoid sharing fud news articles, and especially articles that can damage an entire industry like we saw yesterday when bitcoins prices dropped $1000 in a matter of few hours.

While many members are able to spot fud news some are not able to spot it so how can we tackle the fud news, and help bitcoin users outside this forum because it’s high time we stopped these fud news from going viral.

Sources:

https://bitcoinist.com/binance-to-sue-the-block-for-damaging-the-exchanges-reputation/

I'm very glad that Binance is interested in fighting FUD.  FUDs are the major contributors of panic and fear in the entire crypto ecosystem. I just hope that this action of Binance will not be a short period action to increase their users on their platform. Nobody in this world does anything without having a main motive behind their actions. Fighting the spread of FUDs will help newbies and others trust the use of cryptocurrencies without having doubts and fear.

Well, those who are creating FUD should not be tolerated at all, so for me yes, Binance should take a legal action regarding it, they do have a lot of fund to do this, they will for sure find resources to find those fudding easily, espeicially they will fund 200 Bitcoins thru it, for sure a lot of people will help so that they can have instant money too. 200 Bitcoin is a big money but for us, small amount for Binance, but for us really a big money.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 05:17:06 PM

Sources:

This initiative by Binance is a good step in making the crypto ecosystem free from all kinda wrong and misleading information.  FUDs can be classified as the number one reason why a lot of people are scared of adapting to the use of cryptocurrencies. It scares investors and newbies from investing and promoting the entire crypto ecosystem.  I just hope this action by Binance will not be for a publicity stand.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: