Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:26:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY Custom BitFury  (Read 818 times)
sobe-it (OP)

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:55:17 AM

been studying, reading, looking at pdfs and boards (for prolly too long) and figured i will try and build/assemble a miner. im thinking of linking 4 chips but doing 1 may be easier at first then 4. im aware i can just buy one for the same amount of $$ invested give or take but thats not what im going for. im doing this for a hobby/something to do and not looking to mass produce what so ever. i have an ant s1 and a few u1s that i have invested into already. this is basically built by me for me type deal, any help and pointers would be appreciated. i am following the nano fury open source as of right now but dont care if its a usb dongle or something that sits on my desk. the bi-fury looks like it uses a beefier INDUCTOR @ 15A compared to the nano fury 4.2A other than that i dont see much of a difference (other than the dual chips, duh).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sobe-it (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:10:07 AM

just finished my orders from digi-key and ebay. just need 2.4k resistors and some bitfury chips. this is most likely going to be laid out on perf board (yea i know) and what ever connections that will be tuff to route on this i will use kynar wire.
sobe-it (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:36:20 AM

just ordered 8 rev 2 sample chips. payment was kinda confusing but i got it.  Smiley my digi-key package should be here tomm.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:14:21 AM

Good Luck... following.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
sobe-it (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:34:14 AM

thanks for some info. been looking all night till my eyes are bleeding..... not really, but its about time for bed. found a program called freepcb... dunno if its any good but seems easier/faster than MS paint and you can select the chip to place and where.... this would make it pretty easy for some diy etching pcbs. cant wait to get all my components.
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:53:45 AM

thanks for some info. been looking all night till my eyes are bleeding..... not really, but its about time for bed. found a program called freepcb... dunno if its any good but seems easier/faster than MS paint and you can select the chip to place and where.... this would make it pretty easy for some diy etching pcbs. cant wait to get all my components.

KiCad is what some people have used that is not an endorsement at all but worth looking at. It can be a real bear as evidenced by BKKCoins struggles. Starting from a point of 0 design experience with a cad program is a hard place to begin but whatever help I can provide I will. I am not an EE but there are plenty of people in this forum I bet that will throw you some information as you keep plugging away.

http://www.kicad-pcb.org/display/KICAD/KiCad+EDA+Software+Suite

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
sobe-it (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:30:29 AM

I took drawing for design and production and cad in school. Its been a little while but should come back to fairly quickly. A pcb shouldn't be nothing compaired what I made.... including the 3d side view.
sobe-it (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:12:14 PM

all my stuff from digi-key and ebay made it. just need to look over everything and make sure im happy with all the values. i ordered some copper pcb board from ebay and a hot air rework station. im fully ditching the perf board idea. so now its plan a layout, design it and make the board and solder it up.

link to the hot air rework station:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-In-1-SMD-Hot-Air-Gun-Rework-Soldering-Repair-Station-952D-4-Nozzles-5-Tips-/160921779843?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2577af7e83
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:25:45 AM

all my stuff from digi-key and ebay made it. just need to look over everything and make sure im happy with all the values. i ordered some copper pcb board from ebay and a hot air rework station. im fully ditching the perf board idea. so now its plan a layout, design it and make the board and solder it up.

link to the hot air rework station:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-In-1-SMD-Hot-Air-Gun-Rework-Soldering-Repair-Station-952D-4-Nozzles-5-Tips-/160921779843?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2577af7e83

We got one of those at school, issues will be many doing every component that way.

http://www.zeph.com/zt-7.htm

http://hackaday.com/2012/12/30/usb-microscope-used-for-soldering-very-small-things/

sobe-it (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:17:38 PM

so dhl sent my chips 2 states over and someone signed my name...... good thing it wasnt a miner because im sure id never see that again. they said if there was any issues they would take care of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: