Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:04:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long do you hold on a trade.  (Read 3099 times)
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 03:52:00 PM

As long as I don't need money. I know thats not "trading" but usually price doesn't change that drastically for me to either sell or buy. For example I sold around 19k times and got my money out because I feared it was too high to sustain and I was right, something "that" marginal would make me sell, at around 3.5k levels I thought about selling as well but I got a big amount of money somewhere just at the same time (not crypto related, personal life happiness) and I just let the bitcoin sit since I just got a good chunk of money somewhere else, by the time that money dried up, bitcoin was back on 10k levels yet again so I didn't felt like selling anymore. So unless there is like a %100+ increase or a %80+ drop, I don't really consider buying or selling.
This is due to your lack of confidence and inexperience. One you invest in a long-term or short term trade you have to be hopeful for better results. I am not saying that people should not invest outside crypto market. I am just emphasizing on the benefits that crypto offer and are not offered by any other trade. Once you have invested wait for the results, check the numbers timely and wait for the result.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 05:59:24 PM

Usually, I hold for 6 months, sometimes longer. Also, from time to time I can enter the market after 3-4 months of waiting. It depends.

I also hold my business for 6 months or 12 months Because I like to trade long-term because I find it annoying to trade every day When it comes to market conditions no one can say it always comes up with a name. That's why long-term trade is good.

while it is considered good, make sure your investment is still active. Some altcoins tend to have no value now or some do changed their project or did exit scam. Unlike in stocks that companies were established and known, crypto is too volatile not just in price but also in the companies situation.
This is really important, I have seen many instances in the past of people that buy coins and then they do not take the time to keep up with the developments of that coin and then they come to the forum to complain about how they lost so much money by investing in that altcoin, and I have always wondered why they did bought that coin if they had no intention of watching it every day in the case something went wrong?

And a person that does that deserves whatever it happens to them, I have also seen many cases of people that bought a coin and while they were not watching it the coin skyrocketed and then it crashed and they lost the opportunity to make a lot of money with it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 11:43:46 PM

Sometimes you may want to use a time stop but it is quite advanced thing to incorporate. For most cases you should know your targets before you trade or at least have a set rules of entry/exit for your strategy and time is not a variable in most of these. If you find yourself closing positions because they are open for x amount of time and it's not part of your strategy when you open the position then this should be considered a huge leak. I'm not talkin obviously about 'i found this xcoin from 2017' type of situation fwiw.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 03:28:00 AM

Depending on the situation of the market, I don't have the exact time for each trade. Usually I will keep them for 3-5 days for the positive market, or I will keep them for 2-3 weeks or longer if the market is sideways or going down. If you set a fixed time limit for every order when trading, then surely you will not be flexible and can not earn profits.
Holding on a trade is dependent upon the market prices of the coins. If the coin that you are currently investing into is not having much value in the digital world, then obviously you will not hold on to it even for a day. Mostly people spend more time for bitcoin trading because its price is much more reliable to gain profits.
Traders always finding ways to pick the right project to invest their money, aiming to bring good value to their investment and ot to allow being
stuck within the project that is moving well. You know when to stop whenever you are in a situation where you are not finding yourself materializing
and holding is no longer an option but to let go and find other projects to spend your money.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4152

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2020, 08:11:14 AM

trading has been a difficult process for novices and minor traders. it could be tempting most times if you dont understand the market movement and TA. you might loose patience and cancel out a trade you might regret later. i have cancel out many trades that later ended up in huge profits. i have also cancel some successfully. i just curious to know if there is any sure way to this trading were by you hold on a trade.

You're not the only one that have encountered rhis problem, it's a common occurrence in the cryptocurrency spaces, FOMO and FUD is a major cause since gullible traders can easily be manipulated into thinking a particular coins is about to be pumped which will result to the traders exiting his/her current trade position so as to catch the other coins trains before it's too late. Same thing can be said towards a dumped fud spreading around.

Tacking this issue can be done through having a trading strategy as this will guide you toward staying discipline in each traded. Learning to keep you emotions in check to avoid fear or greed to overshadow you decision making will also go a long way towards ensuring that you profit from your trades as well as master your trading strategy.

Having extra fund readily available for emergency trades can also do the trick as you won't be tempted to temper with your current open trades that's if you're interested in trading other coins due to recent development pointing towards a profitable outcome coming from trading that particular coin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 08:56:39 AM

Holding on a trade is dependent upon the market prices of the coins. If the coin that you are currently investing into is not having much value in the digital world, then obviously you will not hold on to it even for a day. Mostly people spend more time for bitcoin trading because its price is much more reliable to gain profits.

If that is the case I think a lot of people will be holding just Bitcoin.

It is true that there are a lot of profits generated by Bitcoin in the future, but it just not shows gains but also profits in the long run. It is not always pushing upwards. They usually hold Bitcoin, well, it is Bitcoin. It is not that it is reliable when it comes to gaining profits, it is just that there are a lot of people using it and in cryptocurrency, it is usually the "main" in the market.
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 01:40:45 PM

As long as I don't need money. I know thats not "trading" but usually price doesn't change that drastically for me to either sell or buy. For example I sold around 19k times and got my money out because I feared it was too high to sustain and I was right, something "that" marginal would make me sell, at around 3.5k levels I thought about selling as well but I got a big amount of money somewhere just at the same time (not crypto related, personal life happiness) and I just let the bitcoin sit since I just got a good chunk of money somewhere else, by the time that money dried up, bitcoin was back on 10k levels yet again so I didn't felt like selling anymore. So unless there is like a %100+ increase or a %80+ drop, I don't really consider buying or selling.
This is due to your lack of confidence and inexperience. One you invest in a long-term or short term trade you have to be hopeful for better results. I am not saying that people should not invest outside crypto market. I am just emphasizing on the benefits that crypto offer and are not offered by any other trade. Once you have invested wait for the results, check the numbers timely and wait for the result.
Crypto is no doubt better than other markets and it also offers more benefits than other business. Your investments will benefit you sooner or later. Always hopeful for a good change. Think of the ways that will benefit you in multiple ways. There is no hard and fast rule for what change will rise the value and what will decrease it just happen suddenly, but this is not the weakness of this crypto market. It is the nature of every exchange and you should better learn this before investing.

Xcode7

Activity: 1120
Merit: 414

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 03:08:21 PM

trading has been a difficult process for novices and minor traders. it could be tempting most times if you dont understand the market movement and TA. you might loose patience and cancel out a trade you might regret later. i have cancel out many trades that later ended up in huge profits. i have also cancel some successfully. i just curious to know if there is any sure way to this trading were by you hold on a trade.
I think it's a matter of discipline and confidence. because I used to be like you, when I was profitable I closed very early but when I lost I kept it for a long time. It's a bad habit that any trader has to quit. So the problem is to help us keep the profit order longer? The best way is to convince yourself. If you yourself are confident with this open order then you just need to follow the plan. for example, when the price has increased by about 7%, you will set a stop loss at 4%. so when prices are reversed, you still make a profit, and if the price goes up, the profits increase. I usually use this strategy and it's quite effective.
Yes indeed sometimes we lack confidence in the initial strategy that we have installed, for example we can simply hold back when the profit is more than 5%. But the market shows prices above that for some time, and makes us complacent so save even longer, when we neglect it turns out the market has been below 5% profit. And yes, whatever our decision, there are definitely risks. But again we must emphasize our confidence and enough with what we achieve, so we do not lose.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 06:17:04 PM

It is true that there are a lot of profits generated by Bitcoin in the future, but it just not shows gains but also profits in the long run. It is not always pushing upwards. They usually hold Bitcoin, well, it is Bitcoin. It is not that it is reliable when it comes to gaining profits, it is just that there are a lot of people using it and in cryptocurrency, it is usually the "main" in the market.
Why need to doubt the capacity of bitcoin?when this has been proven to climb up the top when the BullRun comes and proven to make History in price when Halving is in the market .
Maybe the specification on how long we can wait?it is until the price we desire achieved.
Yeah there are lots of time spent to hold but at least less stress because all we do is wait until the market grows up again and give us good income.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
plvbob0070
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 402

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 03:17:51 AM

Hold on to the coins that are worth holding like BTC and ETH that have tendency to arise in the future due to their limited supplies. While some coins are only good to trade for short term. Always know the news too that sometimes help in doing day trading. Holding will depends on the project and news whenever I do trade.
We should always consider what coins will be good for long term trade. I have always seen Bitcoin and Ethereum is the most preferrable coins when it comes of long term trading and due to the having great price on last bull run many people keep on believing that it will happen again. If you really intend to make good profit the long term trade is very suited to that make sure that you will also invested in good coins. Being updated to the news about the coins that you have holds is a good strategy because it can help you to avoid losses and have a chance to earn good profit.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 04:50:18 AM

It completely depends upon the market situation because sometimes we need to hold due to fluctuation about the prices, nothing is predictable in the market. Until we see the price recovery it is impossible for me to sell them in the market.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 04:27:29 PM

For sure no coin will always remain upward but it sometimes falls as well so in case of fallen price bitcoin should behold with patience for long term and don’t think about selling it. Holding is a way of making a profit even in the worst market. So I am holding my bitcoins I believe I  can hold them until I become able to get profit from it holding in trade means slow but certain huge profit.
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 01:43:52 PM

there's no sure way of holding unless you know what are the possible targets of a pump or dump it depends how do you make TA , Technical analysis will help us to know what are the potential target that may achieve in the long run and also if we know how to read candlestick it is a big factor that  we need to consider in the long term trend
MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 05:39:15 PM

depend on the market. if in the market show good movement maybe i will sell my coins and follow the movement of market conditions. it not take long time maybe one or two days because i always analisys and search good coins to trade when i lose. it make me difficult to hold coins with long term hold because i am daily trader

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
1MinTrader

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 06:06:20 PM

As long as I know the over all direction of the market via higher timeframes, I will hold on to a trade.

Eg : I trade the 1 Min Chart, So If the overall direction is strong bearish & the BTC is pumping a bit, I'll hold on since i'm certain its going to come back down.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 07:24:02 AM

depend on the market. if in the market show good movement maybe i will sell my coins and follow the movement of market conditions. it not take long time maybe one or two days because i always analisys and search good coins to trade when i lose. it make me difficult to hold coins with long term hold because i am daily trader
If the movement of the market is good then you should not sell immediately, you should wait and observe the possible outcome of the movement and once the trend is broken that is when you are going to look for an exit price so you can still sell at a profit. Buying and holding a trade is easy but having discipline is hard.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 06:24:44 PM

If the movement of the market is good then you should not sell immediately, you should wait and observe the possible outcome of the movement and once the trend is broken that is when you are going to look for an exit price so you can still sell at a profit. Buying and holding a trade is easy but having discipline is hard.
This is one of the most basic mistakes that I see in newbie traders, as soon as they get some profits they close their trade and while this can be effective a few times it does not work when the market goes strongly in one direction, then they think the price has to come back down only to be disappointed when the price does the opposite and instead of getting huge profits they just get a small amount of profit.

Then they regret their decision and they buy at the top and then they lose all their previous profits as they enter the market too late and the smart money begins to sell.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 10:15:49 PM

It is best to combine your s/r levels with some oscillator/momentum indicator. This way you can project some levels to watch and then when you get close to your targets you can use oscillators to time your exits more precisely. Time should rarely be a factor of how long you keep a position unless it was a variable when you started the trade e.g. report is coming out in 3 days and you know moves will occur soon after so you can time stop your trade in 96h for example. If the pattern doesn't materialize in predicetd time then order is not executed and you move on. Other than that, only the price action should dictate what you do.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 30, 2020, 04:46:54 AM

It is best to combine your s/r levels with some oscillator/momentum indicator. This way you can project some levels to watch and then when you get close to your targets you can use oscillators to time your exits more precisely. Time should rarely be a factor of how long you keep a position unless it was a variable when you started the trade e.g. report is coming out in 3 days and you know moves will occur soon after so you can time stop your trade in 96h for example. If the pattern doesn't materialize in predicetd time then order is not executed and you move on. Other than that, only the price action should dictate what you do.
I see the point and it's very important to have this kind of setups when you are working with your trades. Knowing when to place your entry and
exiting in your target time. Good thing with this, if nothing happens you can proceed and move on to your next trades.
Preparation and expectation both can be assess once you are already dealing with this market, use your knowledge and understanding to acquire success.
imutlinda

Activity: 926
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 30, 2020, 07:29:36 AM

I see the point and it's very important to have this kind of setups when you are working with your trades. Knowing when to place your entry and
exiting in your target time. Good thing with this, if nothing happens you can proceed and move on to your next trades.
Preparation and expectation both can be assess once you are already dealing with this market, use your knowledge and understanding to acquire success.
trading will indeed be better if the circulation of funds continues to revolve, we must be precise in determining the purchase and determine the time to resell it. after making a profit, it would be better to look for trading with other coins, if it happens continuously then large or small profits can add to the funds owned.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: