Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:40:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: INNOSILICON A10 ETHmaster @485MH/s  (Read 792 times)
deusofpower (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 07:20:30 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2019, 07:45:42 PM by deusofpower

So.. finally I've decided to buy 2 of those A10 Ethmaster which should make 485MH/s consuming only 750Watts @wall.
Stats are that both of them are using 910 Watts each on efficiency++ mode (which is the one that should consume less) and in fact they mine with an average of 450-460 MH/s. So far.. so good. No problem with that.

What is making me freaking angry is following:

There is no goddamn way to mine using a wallet or mining address as your worker. Yes, exactly, you got it. That's freaking stupid! That restricts you from using any pool (like ethermine.. nanopool.... etc. etc..) and so far.. the only pool where I was able to mine is F2POOL where you have to register to their website and they give a username, which is then related to your wallet registered on the website when you login. That's freaking username mining and not wallet based mining.  Very useful for US.. or EUROPEAN miners that have to live with a good 5-10% rejected shares due to very high pings. You know.. china is geographically far away and i'm forced to use F2POOl since that's the only pool which I am able to connect. And yeah... there's also the 2,5% fee to the pool! (I mean.. that's still 1,5% more than ethermine or nanopool!!).

WTF!?!?! Really, was it so difficult to specify on the website that there's no wallet mining?!
BTW, after several mails to Innosilicon asking for a quick firmware update they gained some time by writing.. "I checked with our engineers but sorry to get back with no positive response. Apologize for the inconvenience."
That's all. No solution available.

So, all in all, don't buy it until this issue is considered history.

P.S: Anyone who wants to see facts.. no worry. I can post screenshots.
P.P.S: Anyone who's in my same situation.. start making some pressure on Innosilicon.. maybe there will be a firmware update to solve this matter.
P.P.P.S: Made several edits.. i was actually too nervous to write it down correctly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AnkleBiter

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 02:33:40 PM

Very strange, I would expect it to work like other Innosillicon miners.  I have my A9 hashing away on zergpool.  Does it not allow you use a stratum and wallet address as your worker?
deusofpower (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 07:48:04 AM

So.. finally I've decided to buy 2 of those A10 Ethmaster which should make 485MH/s consuming only 750Watts @wall.
Stats are that both of them are using 910 Watts each on efficiency++ mode (which is the one that should consume less) and in fact they mine with an average of 450-460 MH/s. So far.. so good. No problem with that.

There is no goddamn way to mine using a wallet or mining address as your worker. Yes, exactly, you got it. That's freaking stupid! That restricts you from using any pool (like ethermine.. nanopool.... etc. etc..) and so far.. the only pool where I was able to mine is F2POOL where you have to register to their website and they give a username, which is then related to your wallet registered on the website when you login. That's freaking username mining and not wallet based mining.  Very useful for US.. or EUROPEAN miners that have to live with a good 5-10% rejected shares due to very high pings. You know.. china is geographically far away and i'm forced to use F2POOl since that's the only pool which I am able to connect. And yeah... there's also the 2,5% fee to the pool! (I mean.. that's still 1,5% more than ethermine or nanopool!!).

WTF!?!?! Really, was it so difficult to specify on the website that there's no wallet mining?!
BTW, after several mails to Innosilicon asking for a quick firmware update they gained some time by writing.. "I checked with our engineers but sorry to get back with no positive response. Apologize for the inconvenience."
That's all. No solution available.

So, all in all, don't buy it until this issue is considered history.

P.S: Anyone who wants to see facts.. no worry. I can post screenshots.
P.P.S: Anyone who's in my same situation.. start making some pressure on Innosilicon.. maybe there will be a firmware update to solve this matter.
P.P.P.S: Made several edits.. i was actually too nervous to write it down correctly.

https://ru.hashcity.org   pool good

Never heard of that pool. I'ts a good start as an alternative. Thank you. What really would be good is a firmware Update from Innosilicon.  Tongue

I wonder if there is another is you can install for these miners like Braiins is around for antminers.

Never heard of any alternative firmware to load up. I did my research on Google and there's nothing, no 3d's talking about anything less than the simple presentation of tha miner. Until now it's not popular at all.
AlecMe

Activity: 392
Merit: 159

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 08:22:40 PM

There is no goddamn way to mine using a wallet or mining address as your worker. Yes, exactly, you got it.

I am trying really hard to understand the above.

Are you talking about pool mining?
As far as I am aware (from other BTC inno miners) where you have the username you can use a wallet address (for example NiceHash worker name is the wallet).

Have you managed to sort it out?

Unless you are talking about solo mining?

Do let me know.

Regarding the software,  personally, I do not see that happening any time soon.
deusofpower (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 09:16:34 PM

There is no goddamn way to mine using a wallet or mining address as your worker. Yes, exactly, you got it.

I am trying really hard to understand the above.

Are you talking about pool mining?
Have you managed to sort it out?
Regarding the software,  personally, I do not see that happening any time soon.

Let me explain this furthermore:

This is not a poolside problem. This is a firmware related problem. If you take a gpu-rig and set claymore as your miner you have the variable of choosing your wallet number and when checking the webstats you do it using your wallet.
This is not possible with the A10. They don’t allow you to mine based on a wallet number. You MUST set a username (not a walletnumber). That means that you MUST mine based on the few pools that allow registering on their website where they give you the username based on your walletnumber.

I’ll take this to give you also a few updates:

1.) I was in huge disadvantage using F2Pool because of high rejected shares... but that sorted itself out with their newest european pool. I need to say that their customer service (on telegram) was great. I didn’t expect them to help me as much as they did. Kudos to them!

2.) No, i’m not talking about solo-mining as I am greatly far away from having enough hashing power that would give me the reason to go solo-mining. Would love to have that power btw Grin

3.) I wrote at least another dozen mails to Innosilicon technical department and they are NOT helping at all regarding this matter. The only answer I am constantly getting is “they are apologizing” and they do not have a solution for the moment. I am pretty sure they will never release a firmware update. They just don’t give a shit about it. Innosilicon does not have a solution to that? That is a fucking joke, that is simply ridicolous.

I’m mining now using F2Pool but i will never ever anymore buy anything from Innosilicon. They are a shady company with a nonexistent customer care and i warmly suggest you to do your research before buying anything from them.
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2020, 12:45:32 PM

Inno are a bunch of scam scumbags anyway.  I would never order one of their units again.

They hosed me on 150 unit order of the T2T30 miner single barrel.  They instead without saying a word and a month late sent 150 T2THF that were double barrel mined 28TH and ate 300 more watts!  These guys could burn in a tire fire!

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
deusofpower (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 01:27:44 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2020, 02:01:38 PM by deusofpower

It looks like your experience is worse than mine... good to know, btw, that I'm not the only complaining about them.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2020, 01:21:14 PM

Inno are a bunch of scam scumbags anyway.  I would never order one of their units again.

They hosed me on 150 unit order of the T2T30 miner single barrel.  They instead without saying a word and a month late sent 150 T2THF that were double barrel mined 28TH and ate 300 more watts!  These guys could burn in a tire fire!

lol thats unreal, sorry to hear that David

I've had nothing but shitty experiences with them too, and theyre nearly impossible to talk to/interact with until you start ordering thousands of miners I guess

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
deusofpower (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 03:09:30 PM

I've had nothing but shitty experiences with them too, and theyre nearly impossible to talk to/interact with until you start ordering thousands of miners I guess

I told you what has been told in this 3d nearly 2-3 weeks ago as a comment on your youtube channel where you answered that you're gonna check it out for yourself :-)
Didn't get an answer btw, however, where you able to sort this problem out on your A10 (which you reviewed)?
VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2020, 04:10:38 PM

I told you what has been told in this 3d nearly 2-3 weeks ago as a comment on your youtube channel where you answered that you're gonna check it out for yourself :-)
Didn't get an answer btw, however, where you able to sort this problem out on your A10 (which you reviewed)?
issue is I no longer have an A10 and no one else chimed in about it, then everyone started looking into when the miner would potentially fail due to DAG size (4gb)

VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2020, 04:20:43 PM

try this https://twitter.com/f2pool_official/status/1238498625094742019

dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2020, 12:35:57 PM

Supposedly they are 4G but will fail sooner like E series because its not really 4G and inno is again supposedly selling an upgrade BUT to even contact them is like getting a root canal, so good luck with that.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
AlecMe

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 08:23:55 PM

anyone has the december firmware for a10 (not pro) for the 500 mh version?

the june one is acting odd; miner is restarting randomly :|
ardeverb

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 02:26:48 PM

Hello,

I have got 4 A10 500 MH ethminers deliverd in January 2020 When did Innosilicon decide to add the 5Gb ram to the model as the specs  of the current A10 pro model are the same as my machines. The Powerdraw is 860 watts with 500 MH hashrate. The 485 MH A10 model seems to be the old model after they upgrade it to an 500 mh Anyone know where the ram on the hashboard is located on the hashboards?

Best regard,

Arthur Verboon
DizzyDSki

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 05:17:37 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Just received two A10 500's and I'm having a world of problems with both of them.

One of the A10's (A10L, g19 controller, firmware: a10l_20200715_061347) has zero accepted shares and continues to generate 100% rejects.  I have tried different ports on the control board, different data cables, different PSUs, etc.  Even when resetting the miner and having it auto-tune with the default pool settings, I can't get any accepted shares.  It was working before I installed the firmware (originally upgraded firmware because I had problems connecting but later realized it was a network/router issue).

The other A10 (A10, g19 controller, firmware: a10_20200628_082241) continues to auto-tune over and over about every 60-90 minutes once it hits around 400MH/s...I can't get it to complete autotuning and just hash like normal.  Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone have firmware from June-December 2019 available for the A10 or A10L?
ardeverb

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 22, 2020, 01:06:59 PM

I have december firmware for the A10 available. It gives me a lower rejected shares then the newest firmware. Not sure how to share it. It is the a10_20191214_075034.swu
offordscott
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 32

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 02:14:36 PM

When the A10 Pro (regular or beta firmware) has been running for more than a few hours, the results begin getting worse.

https://t.me/innosilicon_miners

It starts off OK, but then slowly degrades to a lower and lower hashrate and/or lower and lower accepted share rate.
AlecMe

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 03:50:50 PM

hi, anyone still using a10 4g ? what pools is this working on? also, what profitable coins can it mine? thank you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: