Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:16:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Allegation that I am QuickSeller. @Vod brought to my attention  (Read 663 times)
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 01:29:31 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2019, 11:19:43 AM by marcotheminer

This is more about dispelling the thought that I am in fact Quickseller/we are linked/cooperate/whatever term you want to use. I have no relations/interest/anything with that person.

===

Originally created this thread after Vod's implicit allegation / after which PMs were blocked so I could not even say wtf to being accused of "[calling] someone a pedophile." - This is not an attack on any individual member.

===

Could you please clarify now that you've blocked my PM:

Hey Vod - could you please reconsider your trusts?

Thank you.

Reconsidered.  I don't trust anyone that calls someone a pedophile.  :/

===

Edit:

For those in the dark: Vod believes I am QS. The only thing he has ever told me regarding this is the quote above (and I had to post it - blocked PM - here to know where it was coming from / wtf it was about / who he was referring to)..
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2019, 01:41:04 PM

why does he need to clarify? if you blocked - you blocked.

marco I was the one person on DT who actually went to bat for you - I removed my tag - you still come here with the soggy biscuit shit... fuck dude you don't help yourself

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 06:58:55 PM

why does he need to clarify? if you blocked - you blocked.

marco I was the one person on DT who actually went to bat for you - I removed my tag - you still come here with the soggy biscuit shit... fuck dude you don't help yourself

Appreciate that. But re-read the quote. I'm wondering about this part:

I don't trust anyone that calls someone a pedophile.  :/
Huh
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 12:57:17 AM

I can't find the post right now where marcotheminer was connected to quickseller via the same signed address.  :/

Both will probably claim they are not the other, like the conversation QS had with himself here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=884261.0

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 01:09:15 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2019, 01:21:58 AM by marcotheminer

I can't find the post right now where marcotheminer was connected to quickseller via the same signed address.  :/

Both will probably claim they are not the other, like the conversation QS had with himself here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=884261.0

You honestly believe the rhetoric / confusion / noise (whatever one calls it) that I am or am affiliated with QS.. Huh Huh

It was a KeyBase signature AFAIK - not a bitcoin address. I wasn't active at the time, and never looked back into the allegation because lol. Somehow (not even sure if that's possible - and it may just turn into another "oh excuses excuses" attack from others) I'll prove (& @Quickseller if they so wish) the contrary .. ?

Vod, if you make a statement like that - back it up full force. Please find the post. Don't say I called someone a pedophile when I haven't.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 01:56:43 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2019, 02:15:01 AM by Quickseller

Marco tried to put my public GPG key into his key base account, presumably to try to impersonate me. He obviously was unable to provide key base a valid signed message from my key so his account showed an invalid signature that didn’t match my key and his account displayed my public key. This was a bug that was confirmed by a key base dev(?).

I believe Blazed also had previously vouched we are different people.

Obviously Vod should have cryptographic evidence in hand before making these types of statements but I don’t think Vod cares about the accuracy of his statements.

I don’t normally respond to these types of baseless claims, but 1) it is based on clearly flawed logic and 2) I don’t want to be potentially implicated in anything that Marco might do in the future.

Edit: happy thanksgiving 🦃🍁🍽
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 02:18:44 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2019, 06:46:44 AM by Vod

Don't say I called someone a pedophile when I haven't.

I sent it to you in a PM - you made it public. :/

Marco tried to put my public GPG key into his key base account, presumably to try to impersonate me.

Hey, where is your proof, scammer?

I KNOW you don't care about the accuracy of YOUR statements.  

Go ahead and talk to yourself some more.

Edit:
Vod, if you make a statement like that - back it up full force. Please find the post.

That's fair - I will give QS due diligence even though he doesn't offer the same.  :/

Third Fourth post down:   PGP key duplicated.
http://archive.is/fjdwR#selection-2601.0-3059.23

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 08:22:26 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2019, 10:14:16 PM by mprep

Don't say I called someone a pedophile when I haven't.

I sent it to you in a PM - you made it public. :/

Understandably .. PMs blocked after allegation.

Marco tried to put my public GPG key into his key base account, presumably to try to impersonate me.

I did no such thing. "Presumably" was me. See how many unknowns there are here, anyone could have meddled with my account (it's even possible it was compromised before I deleted it, I never used it).

Hey, where is your proof, scammer?

I KNOW you don't care about the accuracy of YOUR statements.   

Go ahead and talk to yourself some more.

A keybase account is a huge point of failure. I don't think I verified identities on there let alone set it up entirely. Neither ever signed my keybase-PGP with my Bitcoin Address (if this happened and I had signed it, tell me, because then THAT would have been a problem and I need to investigate much further). I don't think I ever used my keybase-PGP with link to this forum (again, please correct me if wrong). Much like if someone creates an email account with "marcotheminer@...) and messages people, is that me? No.. The nearest thing to 'confirming original identity' that we have are BTC signatures (and is the only thing I've ever used for this purpose). Still, that said PGP/Signed BTC addresses can only be relied on if we are certain that keys were not compromised, nor shared.

Edit:
Vod, if you make a statement like that - back it up full force. Please find the post.

That's fair - I will give QS due diligence even though he doesn't offer the same.  :/

Third Fourth post down:   PGP key duplicated.
http://archive.is/fjdwR#selection-2601.0-3059.23

Thanks for the reference, I will finally get around to reading the bs. I don't know if anything will change your mind Vod, but yeah big misunderstanding, I have no relation to QS.. And please stop referring to me as QS..

--
Edited some typos + added some info.

I just found this too: https://github.com/keybase/keybase-issues/issues/2762

A good quote I found from user "malgorithms":

Also, just to be clear in case there's any speculation on bitcointalk.org : there's no proof that marcotheminer ever had the private key associated with that public key, since they never signed anything to prove it was theirs. This really was a website bug.

This is a case of jumping to a conclusion from a past jumped-to-conclusion event. We're kind of all in the wrong, but still I am not QS..

My post for the staked address:

Address:

Code:
12hYBWiPqfwdveGzpbRdGxeqnoMcNvGNSq

PGP: Should I set one up with keybase.io? Isn't it just another potential point of failure? (if someone manages to gain access to my keybase.io?)

It's interesting I wrote that, and it's what could have happened.. Again, no business was ever done with Keybase. A scammer (let's assume accessing a compromised keybase) could have only fooled someone not double checking / verifying identities best they could (which for now means signed message from staked BTC address)
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 01:25:32 AM

This may be where the original assertion comes from:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1702409.msg17455919#msg17455919 (locked thread) [Archive]

10 January 2017, 10:48:31 (GMT +10)

Accounts connected: Quickseller, marcotheminer

quickseller's reply is two down from Gunthar's post (and continues on down the page).

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 01:17:41 PM

@Gunthar Could you* clear up your allegation please
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 03:13:46 PM

Why wait nearly three years?  Roll Eyes

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 10:24:09 PM

Why wait nearly three years?  Roll Eyes

I don't think that's of much importance tbh.. (the timeframe). There are still many things I am sorting through from years and years ago. I missed a few things in the community, so to me it's only normal I make sense of it now rather than simply accept/deal with it because it happened couple years back. At the same time, @Gunthar never actually reached a conclusion following that keybase thread re-opening (at Shorena's request IIRC).

Anyway funny you mention that .. a scammer told me a similar thing recently: "you loaned me in 2015, why are you following up with me now". Loose ends, whether yesterday or last decade, are loose ends.

@Vod would appreciate a fresh review from your end here.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 09:05:34 PM

@Vod
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 06:45:24 AM

@Vod

Feel free to have this post deleted like the previous two posts of mine here, but this kind of bumping is exactly what quickseller does.

Incessantly.

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 08:41:40 AM

@Vod

Feel free to have this post deleted like the previous two posts of mine here, but this kind of bumping is exactly what quickseller does.

Incessantly.

Huh Not sure how to reply to that. I'm bumping for Vod to review his (now obviously baseless) allegation..

What's your recommendation instead of this? @Blazed, if you could please confirm again that to the best of your knowledge, we are 2 different people, I would appreciate it.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2019, 01:58:29 PM

I remove my private allegation.

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 05:27:15 PM

I remove my private allegation.

Sorry for having made this public .. but I had no other way of reaching you. Thank you.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 10:50:19 PM

Since this is a thread about Marco's reputation, I don't think this is off topic....

I would suggest that the negative ratings against marco remain. Marco is an experienced user, who is well versed in the norms around here, and he was engaging in clear trust farming, and this is assuming he was not engaging in sockpuppeting, which I have good reason to believe he was. He also has a long history of very shady business dealings, including both trust farming and sockpuppeting to make himself appear more reputable. This is all in addition to his recent history of taking out increasingly large sized loans, which is consistent with an attempt to eventually exit scam, which was something that newer users tried many years ago.

I think marco is a nice guy, but this does not change my belief that others should be warned about the above.

Most of the recent negative ratings that marco has are from people who don't operate their ratings in good faith, so I doubt he has much a change to get many of the remaining negatives removed anyway.
xolxol

Activity: 241
Merit: 97

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 12:46:33 PM

Like OgNasty said,hes a liar and part of the problem here so dont trust his words and gang's abuses.
ScumBuster

Activity: 38
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 05:00:15 PM

He also has a long history of very shady business dealings, including both trust farming and sockpuppeting to make himself appear more reputable.

>Complains about sockpuppeting and very shady business dealings
>Is the forum's biggest sockpuppeteer with a long history of very shady business dealings
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 03:09:11 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2019, 07:53:34 PM by marcotheminer

etc

I suggest you stop speaking a load of crap - ignoring the fact that this isn't even a thread about my rep - I'll waste some time to reply:

Lots of words to just repeat - that's some solid original thinking.. (/s) Another good confirmation as to why the forum (marketplace / trust system at least) is messed up, less and less useful.

"Clear trust farming" - from the hunch of a member / after interpreting a post as all 'scambusters' do here (i.e. guilty-until-proven-innocent-oh-still-guilty-anyway kind of bs).

Not to mention you don't do any of the following to base your remarks:

Outline your "good reason"s.
+
Outline my history of using trust farming / sockpuppets "to make [myself] appear more reputable".

Just in case, a sockpuppet is defined as: "false online identity, typically created by a person or group in order to promote their own opinions or views".

Finally, look through my loans again, stop being a parrot for whoever said "increasing loan sizes" -> "omg exit scam".

Like OgNasty said,hes a liar and part of the problem here so dont trust his words and gang's abuses.

Problem being default trust trusts him :/

>Complains about sockpuppeting and very shady business dealings
>Is the forum's biggest sockpuppeteer with a long history of very shady business dealings

Oh well .. some people .. just got to shake your head. EDIT: & from time to time satisfy their desire for response.

EDIT2: Locking, not to prevent discussion @Quickseller, but to avoid running in circles and just continuing drama (you have your position on matters and I have mine). If you'd like honest discussion, let's chat - try find some common ground. But I don't want to incite more talk/talk/talk over past deeds (applies to me as much as anyone else).

Crypto has a lot of work, and at some point we need to come together, as it stands - BTC stands no chance, the community is shaky some could argue (I'm talking Crypto twitter, various forums, so on). The community is easily shaken because we are all very different (understandably .. i.e. level playing field with very different POVs, 'positions' in life, income levels; not to mention obvious language barriers, maybe even some moral obligations - example Muslims cannot participate in usury - so most loans here are already Haram (?)).

Let's advance, not regress. Satoshi probably would want that.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: