Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:14:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a factory Bios (nonmodded) for powercolor Rx580 8gb gpu  (Read 192 times)
hustleman (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 08:08:35 PM

Hoping someone could help me out.  I’m looking for a factory bios for a Powercolor RX580 8gb gpu.   It’s the V2 card.   

Hoping someone has the .rom file they can send me

Here is the card

https://www.newegg.com/powercolor-radeon-rx-580-axrx-580-8gbd5-3dhdv2-oc/p/N82E16814131720?item=N82E16814131720&source=googleshopping&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords-mobile&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-mobile-_-pla-_-video+cards+-+amd%2Fati-_-N82E16814131720&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkJ6O5tmN5gIVysDACh0gZg5kEAQYASABEgIQQfD_BwE
Loto

Activity: 9
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 11:08:18 PM

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 02:15:28 AM

Doesn't the V2 card has a dual bios switch?
I gave techpowerup a check and there are bios available for V1 model.
If your card is working then I'll recommend not to flash any other bios as it can be a hit or miss.
A good amount of my Sapphire RX580s are bricked just because of this reason.
hustleman (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 07:34:13 PM

Doesn't the V2 card has a dual bios switch?
I gave techpowerup a check and there are bios available for V1 model.
If your card is working then I'll recommend not to flash any other bios as it can be a hit or miss.
A good amount of my Sapphire RX580s are bricked just because of this reason.

Yeah, card is working, just want to sell it, so would like to put back to stock bios.  I contacted powercolor by email, but they havent responded in over a week, so figure they wont.  Ill check to see if it has the bios switch when I go to location of miner. 
MATHReX

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 07:43:26 PM

Yeah, card is working, just want to sell it, so would like to put back to stock bios.  I contacted powercolor by email, but they havent responded in over a week, so figure they wont.  Ill check to see if it has the bios switch when I go to location of miner.  

Yes, if it does. Just switch it and sell it off.
No need to flash bios if that's the case.
If it doesn't have then please do not flash any bios that you get from the internet.
Mail the customer care again and get the original one from them because a bad flash will brick your working card.
hustleman (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 11:42:34 PM

Yeah, card is working, just want to sell it, so would like to put back to stock bios.  I contacted powercolor by email, but they havent responded in over a week, so figure they wont.  Ill check to see if it has the bios switch when I go to location of miner.  

Yes, if it does. Just switch it and sell it off.
No need to flash bios if that's the case.
If it doesn't have then please do not flash any bios that you get from the internet.
Mail the customer care again and get the original one from them because a bad flash will brick your working card.

Appreciate it.  I pulled up the modded bios on Polaris editor and saw the 1750 strap was the same as the stock bios listed on techpower up for the red dragon with micron memory.  I flashed this bios and was successful.  So all is good.  

This version:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/198128/powercolor-rx580-8192-171211
MATHReX

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 05:56:31 AM

Appreciate it.  I pulled up the modded bios on Polaris editor and saw the 1750 strap was the same as the stock bios listed on techpower up for the red dragon with micron memory.  I flashed this bios and was successful.  So all is good.  

This version:

That is great. Good to know that it flashed successfully.
Still, I'll recommend performing a stress test on the GPU.
Haven Benchmark or 3D Mark Stress test will be a good choice and it will ensure that all the states of the GPU are stable and there is no further risk of malfunctioning during games or graphic-intensive tasks.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 06:31:34 AM

This version:

That is great. Good to know that it flashed successfully.
Still, I'll recommend performing a stress test on the GPU.
Haven Benchmark or 3D Mark Stress test will be a good choice and it will ensure that all the states of the GPU are stable and there is no further risk of malfunctioning during games or graphic-intensive tasks.

Yes its always a good idea to test the GPU prior to selling it. And it should actually be tested with a game since most people who buy GPUs (besides miners) are gamers. The Stress test isn't really necessary. It was necessary in the days of the power hog GPUs and it was a way to measure if they would overheat or not. It was generally performed using Furmark. This doesn't really test the GPU functions however, just runs a simple rotating figure.

The best way is to do a 3dmark usually using Firestrike and compare that score to similar scores with the same GPU and a close enough CPU. If you are within 10% then chances are that its in fine working order. The issue with the RX series is more memory related and some GPUs didn't have heatsinks on the memory chips and they can artifact if they run too hot. So Firestrike should show this since it loads usually the entire memory of the GPU.

tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1412

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 12:49:53 PM

I use Furmark to check the issue of overheating, usually if the thermal paste is bad the temperatures reach 90 ° quickly running Furmark.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 04:20:16 PM

I use Furmark to check the issue of overheating, usually if the thermal paste is bad the temperatures reach 90 ° quickly running Furmark.

I don't think bad thermal paste would cause it to reach 90C. Most of the time when it reaches 90C its usually the fans failing. Usually the bearing starts to make a little noise and then it runs slower and slower. Then eventually when the GPU is cold it fails to spin and eventually it starts rattling bad and that's when the temps might spike.

However the factory paste usually never goes bad enough to cause the GPU to overheat like that especially for the RX gpus which aren't that old. The reason why people do a thermal paste job is because there are better pastes out there and they want to upgrade from the original. But for mining in general the factory paste is good enough.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: