Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:43:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: fundraising question  (Read 784 times)
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 11:27:47 AM

I agree that a lot of ICOs are scam and a lot of people got scammed and is very hard to get that money back but maybe in future all people will do research and will not invest anymore in blind and will get eaht they expect.

You think research is all you need to avoid scams? I bet you people who didn't research put money into EOS for example and they all thought they were geniuses for investing in such a big opportunity.

And those who researched in 2018 and 2019 probably all lost money. Whitepapers, teams, companies. All existed and all legit but so what? In the end, ICOs scam when they want to, either forwardly or in a "legitimate" way.

Very true unfortunately. Also most of businesses go down even without founders going rogue. It's just hard to run a company and especially in this environment. If add basically endless possibilities of running away with money then you get some sad picture of the reality.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 11:43:56 AM

ICO's are basically fundraising of certain projects or foundation. The risk is the same, theres no assurance that you will grow your investments because it will rely on company's performance on how they can generate income in the long run.  
TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 02:56:33 PM

I feel that the fundraising that the OP wants is made like IEO because it writes about tokens that can be used as a discount media for the main products, and what I think is not using exchanges, and standing on its own platform as seen in ICO.

My understanding in fundraising is the concept of sharing large shares and only involves angel investors. In the past, some ICOs did things like this, they separated internal tokens to valuable large contributors in real business, and sold different tokens to the public for the purpose of price liquidity on the exchange market.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 01:21:31 PM

Could and ICO be run like a fundraiser ?
Tokens could be used to buy product at awesome discount price waay below market.
Is that something that can be done ?

When you make such a foundraiser. What is the point to have a decentralised database?  You simply make a list of people and wen you make your product ship it to them.  Having blockchain token is just more expensive database and more work.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 02:04:40 PM

I agree that a lot of ICOs are scam and a lot of people got scammed and is very hard to get that money back but maybe in future all people will do research and will not invest anymore in blind and will get eaht they expect.

You think research is all you need to avoid scams? I bet you people who didn't research put money into EOS for example and they all thought they were geniuses for investing in such a big opportunity.

And those who researched in 2018 and 2019 probably all lost money. Whitepapers, teams, companies. All existed and all legit but so what? In the end, ICOs scam when they want to, either forwardly or in a "legitimate" way.

Very true unfortunately. Also most of businesses go down even without founders going rogue. It's just hard to run a company and especially in this environment. If add basically endless possibilities of running away with money then you get some sad picture of the reality.

All of us here in crypto currency community experience a very unfortunate situation of crypto currency in which even before those users as they already have a lot of income on the previous years. It's a good and great idea to think have a fundraising but it needs time and patience as they ca earn as much as they can.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 04:01:57 AM

Unfortunately this is the truth, if the only thing we needed to avoid scams was to do our due diligence then scammers will be out of the market by now and that is not what we see.

The market more than ever is full of scammers doing everything they can to steal as much money as possible from investors and this has caused most people to lose any interest in investing in new altcoins and the worst part of all of this is that they suffer no bad consequences for this and they can repeat the pattern again and keep stealing from investors as much as they want.
Taskford

Activity: 2548
Merit: 795

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 06:07:48 AM

Unfortunately this is the truth, if the only thing we needed to avoid scams was to do our due diligence then scammers will be out of the market by now and that is not what we see.

The market more than ever is full of scammers doing everything they can to steal as much money as possible from investors and this has caused most people to lose any interest in investing in new altcoins and the worst part of all of this is that they suffer no bad consequences for this and they can repeat the pattern again and keep stealing from investors as much as they want.

Scammer cames when bitcoins and crypto became trend on 2017 and unfortunately many people fall from that can schemes specially in year 2018 and for sure we see a lot of it these days so provably the ICO investment option is totally end up these days that's why we can see so many of them falling right now. And I think they will start to innovate themselves since I saw some shitcoins who doesn't conduct an ICO and enlist their tokens on exchange and maybe there they will execute there scams so better we should be aware of this.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 06:39:10 AM

Tokens could be used to buy product at awesome discount price waay below market.

But isn't ICOs intrinsically just a formal fundraiser that is posed towards the market without restrictions?

Or are you talking about a token which represents a tangible product?

If the latter, then yes, it could be done. However I struggle to see the benefit of tokenizing such a stake rather than just going to other mainstream crowdfunding sites, because of the fact that the tokenization process offers no tangible advantages. It makes sense for utility tokens to be created, or even securities, as these can be traded on the open market. But preorders in itself I doubt will generate a lot of liquidity within the secondary market per se.

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 2180

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2019, 11:45:16 AM

It's almost impossible to fund raising through ICO lately. Lots of investors move from ICO due scammy activity. Perhaps you might see some running ICO's but there isn't much response from investors as far as I know. If there is any strong well known team with product/existing business then likely they could raise fund. Even for me it's quite complicated to trust on any ICO right now.

Investors are moving on IEO which is quite popular for fund raising at the moment. Also there is risk if you can't launch your IEO on the reputed exchange. Investors moved ICO from IEO due to security reason. At least their fund will not ZERO on the IEO. So if you have good concept and strong well reputed team then you may raise fund via IEO instead.
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 04:36:41 PM

It's almost impossible to fund raising through ICO lately. Lots of investors move from ICO due scammy activity. Perhaps you might see some running ICO's but there isn't much response from investors as far as I know. If there is any strong well known team with product/existing business then likely they could raise fund. Even for me it's quite complicated to trust on any ICO right now.

Investors are moving on IEO which is quite popular for fund raising at the moment. Also there is risk if you can't launch your IEO on the reputed exchange. Investors moved ICO from IEO due to security reason. At least their fund will not ZERO on the IEO. So if you have good concept and strong well reputed team then you may raise fund via IEO instead.

True that investors are leaving ICO for IEO but at the moment I don't a strong performance in IEOs. I'm trying to say that this is not the right time to do a public offering and I feel sorry for projects that currently doing a tokensale.

I will suggest everyone to wait atleast mid 2020 to launch project's tokensale, ideally you wait for mid 2021 for the best performance (just like what happened in 2017).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 04:22:38 AM

Scammer cames when bitcoins and crypto became trend on 2017 and unfortunately many people fall from that can schemes specially in year 2018 and for sure we see a lot of it these days so provably the ICO investment option is totally end up these days that's why we can see so many of them falling right now. And I think they will start to innovate themselves since I saw some shitcoins who doesn't conduct an ICO and enlist their tokens on exchange and maybe there they will execute there scams so better we should be aware of this.
Scammers will always try new tactics to hide the fact they are scamming their customers and its is because of this I think the only way in which you can protect yourself from this is to stop investing in any new project no matter what.

I know that scammers are smarter than I am and if I were to invest once again in new projects I will get scammed again regardless of the efforts I made to make sure it did not happened, then the only way I can be completely sure I will not get scammed is to give up investing in new projects and while I am not happy with that decision it is something I had to do to secure my coins.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 05:28:49 PM

This could be possible but the question is how many of these projects do have actual product to sell, most of them just rise the hype, raise money from people and later decide what they want to do. A good example is Waves, raised 33000BTC from ICO and the team has been doing anything they think is the next big thing,  Decentralized exchange, Smart contract, VCs, Hybrid exchange

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 06:27:27 PM

What the meaning of could and ico be run like a fundraiser? as far as i know that ico is fundraiser when investor put their fund for ico like convert their capital with ico token and hope the token can bring the profit for them after listed on the market. and what the meaning of buy product with token? i think during seller and buyer accept the token maybe you can buy the product with token

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 08:27:41 PM

What the meaning of could and ico be run like a fundraiser? as far as i know that ico is fundraiser when investor put their fund for ico like convert their capital with ico token and hope the token can bring the profit for them after listed on the market. and what the meaning of buy product with token? i think during seller and buyer accept the token maybe you can buy the product with token

Of course it is. ICO is collecting funds for project development, and tokens sold during ICO are utility tokens, i.e. those that can be used to pay for services or products created as the final product of the project.
I think OP just trolls everyone.

Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 09:13:04 PM

ICO is a fund raiser. As projects would say, they need funds to develop their product. Unfortunately for some lack funding so ICO campaigns are not successful. Some good projects on the other hand get a lot of funding due to having good tokens, great team members and advisors.
LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 07:54:59 AM

ICO is a fund raiser. As projects would say, they need funds to develop their product. Unfortunately for some lack funding so ICO campaigns are not successful. Some good projects on the other hand get a lot of funding due to having good tokens, great team members and advisors.

In the current market situation, the project must be really very good and must be created by professionals with extensive experience, otherwise it will certainly not be possible to raise funds.
Tokens are mainly used for speculation, but products may also be bought for them, as long as the project assumes that it will produce something.
iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1174

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 12:08:28 PM

In the current market situation, the project must be really very good and must be created by professionals with extensive experience, otherwise it will certainly not be possible to raise funds.
Tokens are mainly used for speculation, but products may also be bought for them, as long as the project assumes that it will produce something.

Every project is basically a start up company, they need to have an idea, the team to develop that idea and to find a way to present that idea to investors. Money is needed for everything, for the equipment, marketing, salaries, offices, all sort of workers, if there's no money enough project will fail at some point. Professionals or not, team members need to give their best on all fields if they wish to be successful one day.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Kasabus

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 12:58:20 PM

Every project is basically a start up company, they need to have an idea, the team to develop that idea and to find a way to present that idea to investors. Money is needed for everything, for the equipment, marketing, salaries, offices, all sort of workers, if there's no money enough project will fail at some point. Professionals or not, team members need to give their best on all fields if they wish to be successful one day.

ICO gives small investors a chance to invest in their idea and with that, there's always a risk and we call it a high risk kind of investing.
If we like big companies which has a better chance of success, then our chance to invest is also low because they already have private investors who are willing to fund them.

That's the reality, we need to gamble on a riskier way just to invest because we are just small investors.

████████████████████████
.SPORTS..
███████▄███▄▄
█████████▀▀████▄▄
▄███▄▄███████▀▀████▄▄
███▀█████▄███████▀▀███▄
████████████▄▄█████████
█████████░▀▀████▄▄████▀
████████████████████
█████████░▄▄████▀▀████▄
████████████▀▀█████████
███▄█████▀███████▄▄███▀
▀███▀▀███████▄▄████▀
█████████▄▄████▀▀
███████▀███▀▀
.bets.io.
████████████████████████
..CASINO..
arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 811

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2020, 01:07:05 PM

ICO gives small investors a chance to invest in their idea and with that, there's always a risk and we call it a high risk kind of investing.
If we like big companies which has a better chance of success, then our chance to invest is also low because they already have private investors who are willing to fund them.

That's the reality, we need to gamble on a riskier way just to invest because we are just small investors.

Why should we invest on more riskier if theirs a less risk which is establish already? For profitability? I doubt that the ICO coins could give that since for now the Dev are so selfish they only want to get benefited and always turned down their investors, we can see it actually these days since ICO scamming is so many here. That's why for more easier better go with establish top coins.

LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 01:44:37 PM

To secure the minimum amount needed for a project to succeed, a softcap must be set very precisely. For a softcap to be determined precisely, an expert must do it. So for me, the most important thing is for the team to have professionals or at least the project to have professional advisors.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: