Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:28:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Conor McGregor vs. Donald Cerrone [JAN 2020] Discussion  (Read 1826 times)
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 11:22:18 AM

Dana White made a statement that if Conor McGregor can beat Donald Cerrone, Conor McGregor will have a crack again to the title held by Khabib Nurmagomedov which I think is unfair to Justin Gaethje. Justin Gaethje has been active inside the octagon but according to Dana White, UFC offered him a lot of matches already but Justin declined, unlike Conor McGregor who has done a lot for UFC. Conor was out of MMA for more than a year. He last appeared inside the octagon last UFC 229 October 2018 and tapped out to Khabib Nurmagomedov.
There is no way Conor McGregor should get a rematch against Khabib right now, he was last defeated and it was no way a close fight by any standards and now Conor is fighting Donald Cerrone at 170 pounds and if he wins he would get a crack at the championship in 155 pounds  Roll Eyes.
If you take his statistics, Conor only fought twice in 155 pounds, one time he won the belt and then he got defeated against Khabib and they are only looking for money fights and not to give an opportunity for legit contenders which is a shame considering they call it a sport.
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 04:22:41 PM

~snip
If you take his statistics, Conor only fought twice in 155 pounds, one time he won the belt and then he got defeated against Khabib and they are only looking for money fights and not to give an opportunity for legit contenders which is a shame considering they call it a sport.
You have a point here and after all it is all business at the end of the day, Khabib was supposed to get the title shot when Conor McGregor surpassed him and got the title and it was a planned move by the UFC as Khabib was a title contender for a very long time and the double champ Conor had is because Khabib was not given the opportunity to fight for the title, if Conor is looking for a rematch why is he not fighting at 155 pounds, may be there is another mystic behind that  Grin.
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 04:40:35 PM

Dana White made a statement that if Conor McGregor can beat Donald Cerrone, Conor McGregor will have a crack again to the title held by Khabib Nurmagomedov which I think is unfair to Justin Gaethje. Justin Gaethje has been active inside the octagon but according to Dana White, UFC offered him a lot of matches already but Justin declined, unlike Conor McGregor who has done a lot for UFC. Conor was out of MMA for more than a year. He last appeared inside the octagon last UFC 229 October 2018 and tapped out to Khabib Nurmagomedov.

The first fight with Khabib wasn't even competitive, Khabib straight-up smashed him.

The only reason people would want to see that fight again, is just to see Conor get choked out once again. Nobody really considers McGregor to be a serious contender to Khabib anymore.

He's a joke and his loud mouth has made him into a caricature that everybody wants to see get smoked. That's the legacy he's built for himself, the loudmouth clown the everyone wants to see destroyed.
Patatas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 09:32:17 PM

He's a joke and his loud mouth has made him into a caricature that everybody wants to see get smoked. That's the legacy he's built for himself, the loudmouth clown the everyone wants to see destroyed.
Why are you hating on him lol? Floyd Mayweather has a loudmouth as well and so does a lot of other boxers. People are jealous of him because he's rich and lives a very fancy life. His mouth was loud when he became the champion and created the greatest moments in history. So what has changed now? He's still talented, loud-mouthed and rich! Don't forget the "talented" part.
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 09:41:20 PM

Why are you hating on him lol? Floyd Mayweather has a loudmouth as well and so does a lot of other boxers. People are jealous of him because he's rich and lives a very fancy life. His mouth was loud when he became the champion and created the greatest moments in history. So what has changed now? He's still talented, loud-mouthed and rich! Don't forget the "talented" part.

Not hating on him at all, he's done an excellent job building his brand and getting the fights he wants, however, he's not on the same level as Mayweather.

The dude has been smashed three times now, and once was a complete demolition job. He claimed to be the best, and he has been proven that he's not.

I'd rather he slips away with his riches than listen to his annoying mouth anymore.
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 808

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 09:48:01 PM

Floyd can back up all his trash talk, while Conor looks like a clown talking against his opponent and even goes over like talking about religion, sex and its borderline racism just like what he did against Khabib.

And that's why people hated Conor, just saying.
Patatas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 09:58:52 PM

Floyd can back up all his trash talk, while Conor looks like a clown talking against his opponent and even goes over like talking about religion, sex and its borderline racism just like what he did against Khabib.

And that's why people hated Conor, just saying.
I agree the religion and racism thing went too far and he did get punished for it correctly. People are trying to defame him, call him names, even before he fought the match. Maybe he's going to come off as a better player? I was supporting him since day-1 and hated him when he started doing silly things but that doesn't mean I will give up on him. I still watch his previous fights and get an see what a beast he is!
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 11:02:18 PM

Not hating on him at all, he's done an excellent job building his brand and getting the fights he wants, however, he's not on the same level as Mayweather.
It is so funny, no one can even compare any fighter close with the genius of Mayweather because he was such a technical genius and Mayweather will set traps in the cage and if 49 fighters had the opportunity and never fulfilled then there is no way anyone could beat him unless father time take control over your body and i am not expecting any competitive fights from Mayweather at this stage of his career.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Merit: 1446

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 03:41:37 AM

That is a common characteristic among casual fans of MMA hehehe. They forget that the loudmouth Conor helped build the UFC to where it is today.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
target
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1041

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 09:12:19 AM

That is a common characteristic among casual fans of MMA hehehe. They forget that the loudmouth Conor helped build the UFC to where it is today.

I'm not aware Conor help build the UFC, how?

He wasn't there from the beginning actually, I started watching MMA back 2006 I didn't hear his name. But people will be grateful to his work if what UFC had achieved is because of him. He can't blame people for treating him like a troll though, he can't just get away for all the comments he did all because he helped UFC.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 03:53:20 PM

~snip

He wasn't there from the beginning actually, I started watching MMA back 2006 I didn't hear his name. But people will be grateful to his work if what UFC had achieved is because of him. He can't blame people for treating him like a troll though, he can't just get away for all the comments he did all because he helped UFC.
If you really want to know the true meaning of this, you just need to check the pay scale of the fighters, earlier every fighter was satisfied with $20k and $40k every fight and when Conor McGregor started his career in the UFC he started a trend that the pay per views were so high that they were then gave the fighters the leverage to ask for bigger pay scales, in short Conor McGregor changed the sports for the athletes financially as now fighters are getting a million dollars per fight and it all because of Conor McGregor.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 05:58:19 PM

UFC has two decisions to make here, either they go for the short term or the long term. If they end up giving Conor another chance against Khabib after this fight (which we don't even know if it will be a win) that means they want money now. Lets be honest with each other here, no reason to lie, if Khabib and Conor fights once more people would watch that, it would make millions of dollars for everyone involved and it would be super profitable for them too.

So, there is actually a decent reason to make Conor and Khabib fight. However if you help conor get that fight that means UFC doesn't care about who wins or who loses or who deserves what, that would mean UFC only cares about money and that would result with many new crazy weird fighters who have an "outside the box" character and all the respectful decent fighters would be boring and not get a shot even if they are at least equally good if not even better.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
target
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1041

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 06:28:44 PM

~snip

If you really want to know the true meaning of this, you just need to check the pay scale of the fighters, earlier every fighter was satisfied with $20k and $40k every fight and when Conor McGregor started his career in the UFC he started a trend that the pay per views were so high that they were then gave the fighters the leverage to ask for bigger pay scales, in short Conor McGregor changed the sports for the athletes financially as now fighters are getting a million dollars per fight and it all because of Conor McGregor.

Now I know. It encourage me to be an MMA fighter already. Too bad he won't regain his reputation for being helpful to UFC though. Not everyone knew this information to look at him the way you do. He might just look as if a clown forever to the ones who see him being a cocky cock who gets beaten for not shutting his mouth.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
perfect999

Activity: 1610
Merit: 299

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 06:35:19 AM

Most bookies favors Conors at 1.4 odds while Donald is the underdog with 3.0 odds being offered on average but I feel there is a serious chance of an upset because no matter how much the Irish man speaks and look dangerous he has often proven to be a weak opponent when faced with a good one, like Khabib just ruined him and we all know what happened after the fight (the brawl)

I am not expecting any brawls this time around  Grin Grin but I have a gut feeling that Donald might surprise the Irishman.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 07:28:32 AM

Most bookies favors Conors at 1.4 odds while Donald is the underdog with 3.0 odds being offered on average but I feel there is a serious chance of an upset because no matter how much the Irish man speaks and look dangerous he has often proven to be a weak opponent when faced with a good one, like Khabib just ruined him and we all know what happened after the fight (the brawl)

I am not expecting any brawls this time around  Grin Grin but I have a gut feeling that Donald might surprise the Irishman.
I wouldn't be surprise if he defeats Conor. Both are good strikers but Donald probably has better cardio and ground game. It's also important to consider the weight class they are fighting which I think favors Donald.

For Conor, there's more at stake for him here. If he's the old Conor that we know, that should help him become more focus and motivated.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Merit: 1446

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 02:01:57 AM

I reckon that you did not understand what I said. You took it literally hehehe.

Conor helped build to where the UFC is today because he helped take it to the next level with his talent as showman and a troll. There was no one else before him in this level. He is the cause of why this sport has many casual fans hehehehehe.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 02:35:18 PM

Conor helped build to where the UFC is today because he helped take it to the next level with his talent as showman and a troll. There was no one else before him in this level. He is the cause of why this sport has many casual fans hehehehehe.
Conor McGregor put more eyes into the sport because of his trash talking skills and his cross over to boxing brought yet another fan base and he is a showman but after that his graph went down because of his troubles outside the fight arena and Donald Cerrone is the perfect return fight and i hope he will not take on Khabib once again as he has other great fights for the fans to see and with a new champion in 145 pound division i hope he will once again challenge the champion in that division rather than challenging anyone in higher weight divisions.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1204

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2019, 03:04:16 PM

I reckon that you did not understand what I said. You took it literally hehehe.

I think you are right, there was a time that UFC is all about Connor, that fans and experts are thinking he has shares in UFC he contributed a lot in the popularity of UFC, bad or good publicity is always publicity and there are some people who still want Mcgregor in the main event.

justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 05:38:57 PM

There has been many many fighters before Conor that helped UFC became what it is today, if those fighters didn't existed nobody would know who Conor was. Conor just took the torch from them and now is ready to deliver it to next person who can actually entertain people.

However, right now he himself is not really a player who could be the face of UFC anymore, dudes antics became very very boring, yeah we get it you have a million dollar life style and you are lavishing and you got yourself a suit with dollar signs made and have expensive watches and talk crazy trash talk to your opponents. How many times can we take it, how many times can we find it entertaining, dude already did that to 10+ people already and Khabib destroyed him, it wasn't even a close fight, dude was just straight up miles better, maybe we should stop caring about the Hollywood aspect of UFC and let the real fighters fight?

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1129

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 08:25:31 PM

There has been many many fighters before Conor that helped UFC became what it is today, if those fighters didn't existed nobody would know who Conor was. Conor just took the torch from them and now is ready to deliver it to next person who can actually entertain people.

However, right now he himself is not really a player who could be the face of UFC anymore, dudes antics became very very boring, yeah we get it you have a million dollar life style and you are lavishing and you got yourself a suit with dollar signs made and have expensive watches and talk crazy trash talk to your opponents. How many times can we take it, how many times can we find it entertaining, dude already did that to 10+ people already and Khabib destroyed him, it wasn't even a close fight, dude was just straight up miles better, maybe we should stop caring about the Hollywood aspect of UFC and let the real fighters fight?
Its part of the business or to this industry not only exclusive to UFC but in all sorts of sports. When we do talk about reputation and popularity then we can tell that no one do last forever and sooner or later these would really vanish if people already get tired on seeings things on repetition.I wont be surprised for another trashtalking and some dramas to this upcoming fight.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: