Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 11:31:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a question  (Read 565 times)
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 02:09:10 PM

People will not switch from CEX to DEX. This will not happen because decentralized exchanges are not for everyone. they are not convenient for traders. they are not comfortable to trade. DEX will always be popular only for a particular market audience
precisely dex is too idealistic with less attractive uses, many traders don't like the obligation to use gas, prefer coins that are automatically deducted as fees and for other transaction needs. Whatever level of complexity is given to cex, it will make many traders choose to adapt and not switch to other platforms. Some people who turn suddenly will eventually have the same thought.

Each users have their own way and perceptions but as they experience some positive or negative it may conclude to gain trust or not on the trading site they encounter. Nowadays, scammer are so rampant as they will do bad things to have an easy money. Hopefully each of us must vigilant enough to avoid as a victim.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 02:17:29 PM

Can someone pls answer this question? presently the problem of decentralized exchange is liquidity and enough volume, if people start leaving cex for dex will the volume increase ? if Yes then what is stopping people? because dex exchanges is the perfect answer to stolen fund on exchanges and exchange scam exits

Personally, I much prefer centralized exchange because it is a lot easier and I am not really a fan of the complexity of decentralized exchange. And if people start to leave CEX for DEX, I do not think it will necessarily good for the exchange because it can cause conflict to the market with the huge number of transactions it needs to accomplish. There are specific uses for both CEX and DEX so I prefer them both to be used separately to their respective uses.
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 03:10:09 PM

Try to see why people are more comfortable using exchange checks than dex?
One of them is because of the high trading volume and altcoin that are in the cex exchange have been filtered and have a brighter future than the unclear dex exchange of products from altcoin, and besides it is difficult to change people's habits that have been done for a long time.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 07:34:15 PM

Obviously it will and that's a dream come true for most because we want dex to overcome this market and that's why there's should be more awareness that we're doing for them. But the reality stands currently that the mass likes the convenience that CEXs have to offer.
And that's the reason why we are still seeing a lot of dex have a very low volume.
It's like two opposite sides, there are pluses and there are minuses of each, right? Dex with more maximum service, consider it more "official" so that many people choose and trade there so that the volume increases, conversely even though cex is assumed to have stronger security but is not very desirable, that's how the market accepts it. So we have to make good use of both. Quality Dex like Bianance Dex, can also be the best solution for trading.
CEX is desirable by demand and that's why they are conquering and making the dex under them. You have mentioned Binance DEX but as said and hinted by CZ it's not totally a dex that we're desiring.
If you have read his tweet about that question towards him, you'll understand that it's not completely as we think.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 07:54:11 PM

There are pros and cons of both CEX and DEX exchanges. Also, there are multiple DEX for Ethereum ERC-20 tokens but there are not any DEX exchanges for many  of the non-ethereum coins. This will change for the better in the future.
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 08:14:29 PM

Can someone pls answer this question? presently the problem of decentralized exchange is liquidity and enough volume, if people start leaving cex for dex will the volume increase ? if Yes then what is stopping people? because dex exchanges is the perfect answer to stolen fund on exchanges and exchange scam exits

No, I don't think that the volume of dex will increase since decentralized exchange is supposedly free from sudden market manipulation. DEX is good for peer-peer transactions without KYC. But because of the lack of KYC process, and no way to revert a transaction,  then you will be at loss if ever passwords or private keys were hacked, or if ever been scammed.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 09:09:42 PM

Personally, I much prefer centralized exchange because it is a lot easier and I am not really a fan of the complexity of decentralized exchange. And if people start to leave CEX for DEX, I do not think it will necessarily good for the exchange because it can cause conflict to the market with the huge number of transactions it needs to accomplish. There are specific uses for both CEX and DEX so I prefer them both to be used separately to their respective uses.
The reason why theoretically, many will prefer DEX is because of safety. Practically, DEX still have a very long way to go to compete with centralized exchanges, hence we all keep using CEX till decentralized exchanges are revamped. I usually get pissed with the very  slow operation speed on most DEX comparatively. It's true that both CEX and DEX are unique in their own way but following the intent of crypto from onset, we ought to use DEX more but the reverse is the case, reason why DEX have poor trading volume. 
scopatumana

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 10:48:08 PM

You think so?? And how many of these DEXes do you think we can safely trade at? That wouldn't solve any good issue of people using Fiat to buy crypto, and many other features on CEXes. So far, the CEXes have proven themselves to be stronger so it'll be difficult to move from there. Moreover, they're also registered and stuff👍
htsy585

Activity: 573
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 11:08:09 PM

Brilliant question! I think the modalities or working principles of dexs are the usual turn off as well as the user interface. If this can be fuild to make it more attractive, users will frequent Dec's more assuming all your variables are constant
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 11:33:21 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2019, 11:57:36 PM by tiptopgemdotcom

I doubt the average JOE will leave the centralized exchanges for DEX. The purpose of DEXs is clear but the average people still have no idea about using such exchanges. The security is the first thing comes to my mind when I hear about the DEX but unfortunately, the DEXs are not widely used by the crypto community.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2019, 06:22:47 PM

The answer for your question is simple man, because centralized is better than decentralized. Their system is laggy and unresponsive. And centralized has been the mainstay for almost everyone and has time and time proven its worth.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 08:26:41 PM

Obviously, yes. Everything always rests on the amount of money on a particular decentralized exchange.
However, while there are not many reasons why people will transfer volumes of their funds to such exchanges.
Indeed, the prices of many cryptocurrencies are controlled to one degree or another by bot systems on top exchanges, which is rather difficult to implement on dex exchanges.

OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 12:47:05 PM

I am looking forward to decentralized future with dex exchanges, although almost all available dex have glitches differently but its still safer than centralized exchange, the problem is how DeX will beat CEX

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2019, 12:58:58 PM

sometimes as more with uses on work with the manage of tasks on finance gives with spares on excessive then developer to put on decision as appealing chance as releasing more of token following work with tasks of customs with completion and lists on index with personal dex on authorization.

ololajulo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 01:05:07 PM

The truth is i have never seen a DEX get hacked, i mean they are built with P2P trading in mind, no any third party but many DEX are not well built, they are laggy compared to Centralized exchanges
I dont know much on the detail of hack from etherdelta in 2017, I think its also an inside job and being a staff at the exchange will make it easier, https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/40562/two-suspects-in-etherdelta-hack-indicted-by-u-s-authorities  . I want to believe DEX is more secure if user have the required knowledge of protecting your keys and details.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
KillerInk

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 02:05:45 PM

if people start to leave cex for dex then the volume will probably still increase normally. I think so. Anything can happen, guys.
ragavancoin

Activity: 1432
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 04:09:55 PM

Dex is safest than Cex because it is unhackable, it's a peer to peer transaction handed. The downfall of centralized exchange is mainly with the liquidity factor.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
.CYBERTRUCK.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 04:28:35 PM

You have a point but the problem is the lag if there are many trading on DEX there could be problem with lagging and the minimal number of coins that are being traded, but who knows three or five years from now, we'll have more Decentralized and many traders using it.
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 05:25:02 PM

I think no one wants to leave CEX to move to DEX and trade. DEX is one of the small exchanges and only for shitcoin, no volume. and you are right, there are only bandits and discharges there, besides traders usually only focus on CEX because the trading volume is higher and the ability to make money is higher than ever. . In general, DEXs are created to satisfy the needs of anonymous traders and do not want to be identified, they often trade in DEXs.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
Shepard777

Activity: 532
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 06:01:08 PM

People are stopped by the fact that there is no influx, as large exchanges have occupied the market and do not allow dex to develop quietly, because if everyone starts trading on dex then large companies will have to close. Only you and I can create liquidity there, but it should be so that everyone would go there and start trading there, but this can happen in the case of any campaign or advertising, and dex exchanges have no money for it, and sometimes they don’t even have owners)

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: