Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:21:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM / BEWARE of BITFAMI & GLEN MORLEY  (Read 170 times)
dutranche (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 08:05:03 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2019, 09:36:57 PM by dutranche

I've been stupid and got into contact with a guy called Glen Morley through telegram who supposedly has a very high accuracy signal rate on bitcoin trading, which he did actually, assuming that the exchange had genuine charts. We made a deal to split the profit 80/20. He didn't ask for any private info or whatsoever. He directed me to open up an account on bitfami.com

After the first day, I was almost sure that it was a scam. When I tried to withdraw the next day, the exchange told me that I'm not allowed to withdraw because my account was new and I have to wait for 4 business days to do so. It appeared during that conversation that they are also charging a 15% tax if your profit exceeds 20k USD. I've been also encouraged to continue trading in the meantime and they couldn't give a reasonable explanation of why to do so. When I asked why they have such rules nowhere to be found on their site, they became mute.

As I wasn't allowed to withdraw, I decided to go on to see the outcome of this story assuming that I've most probably lost my initial investment. Glen sent me signals to trade and I ended up with 5,9 btc from 0,25 btc in a week, just by 5 trades a day. In the meantime, I kept on thinking about possible scenarios but couldn't make much sense of the situation.

After a week, today, I made my last trade today to figure out the whole setup. It appeared that the 15% tax of the total profit made that they were mentioning was supposed to be deposited in order to withdraw which is something they don't mention. It's not even written anywhere on their site. In my case, it's around 6,400$. I don't have that money. Even if I had there's no way I'll deposit again to a shady exchange that comes up with last-minute surprises. When I told Glen about this, he admitted he knew about it and he encouraged me to pay it by getting a loan!

I believe that the guy so-called Glen and this exchange are operating together. At first to convince people to deposit, then to make them believe they're making fast profits and at the end to make them deposit ridiculous amounts to withdraw which would probably never happen.

Scammers Profile Link: www.bitfami.com / @Gmorley (telegram)

Reference Link:  
Amount Scammed: 0,25449
Payment Method: Bitcoins
Proof of Payment: https://btc.com/1FLW9UtFrCvaga9FEBcPx8TFwbzfsXB8w8
PM/Chat Logs: https://imgur.com/a/Gmorqhe
Additional Notes:

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3664

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2019, 01:23:55 PM

Don't invest more money, they're scammers. Why you didn't do an online search?
I checked domain creation date, it was 2016 but there is not much data about them + bitfami.com does not show any traffic[1] using ---> https://www.alexa.com/, are these indicators of a successful investment site?

Creation Date: 2016-07-06T14:39:31Z

Getting profits is worthless unless you can withdraw it, it's just an update of the data.
It is best not to listen to the advice of unknown persons on Telegram.
Sorry for your loss.

[1] https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bitfami.com
dutranche (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 01:36:31 PM

I did an online search but it was a quick one as I got excited about the opportunity. I acted stupidly, to be honest.
You think to lose intentionally until I reach my initial deposit and try to withdraw worth taking the risk, as I will still need to send them 2% transaction fee?
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 03:24:09 PM

it was a quick one as I got excited about the opportunity.
That's one of the signs of not trusting for what you feels and think wiser enough if you could do.
Scams are everywhere, everyday there new built new websites for scams, and  you should be aware of that. Their most victims are those who don't know how to read and search on google about the website especially if its related to money and investments. You should take this as a lesson.
Elid

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 06:35:35 PM

BITFAMI "TEAM" also includes Tradeclinic on Telegram and  "Trading manager" known under different names:

Santiagomenchaca230@Gmail or WhatsApp +447427465172
Thiagofernandez457ATGmail. or WhatsApp +447427465172
dominichowells24@gmail or WhatsApp; +447427465172
Haraldwebster77@gmail or whatsApp +447427465172
juliusgregesen7@Gmail com also on whatsApp/telegram +447427465172)
knudgreen01@gmail.com or whatsApp +447427465172

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: