Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:40:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What food can you buy with $1 in your place ?  (Read 127 times)
veilmoil (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 02:59:00 PM

I want to know in your place the food is cheap or expensive.
With $1 in my place. I can buy 1 plate of food and 1 glass of ice tea.
Maybe someone can have more cheap.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 03:33:29 PM

A plate of food is alittle bit above one dollar where I live. It's cheaper in some places though and quite expensive in other places. The big restaurants sell way high(around 3 to 10 dollars) and they can be found mostly in towns and cities. Ironically, most of their foods are not as healthy as foods from small/medium sized restaurants
posoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 07:05:58 PM

In my country, It is quite above $1 to get a decent plate of food that will satisfy your appetite. It also depend on the type of food you actually want to eat at a time, if you will like a plate of food , which goes for about $2 and that will not satisfy you especially if it a pounded yam, Semovita ,Garri or others, it means you have to get about 2 to 3 plates more to be able to be satisfy your hunger, probably about say $6 to $8 will actually take care of your lunch.And if you are the type that likes extra meat, fish, Chicken ...etc then actually your spending may be close to $10  that is with drinks and others not mention.
Most of the time many people try to cut cost to avoid spending so much so as to be able to meet up with the payment of so many other bills, and that make a lot of people to  prefer  buying  food stuff and prepare it by themselves as this has been seen by experience men and women who have tried buying food from food vendor and cooking such similar food at home , and have come up with the idea that  cooking at home is a means of saving cost, so as to be able to  meet up with other needs and challenges . 
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 08:37:56 PM

Hey,

We have "Quality of life, foundation" One-week food 1euros, it includes one-week food distribution and meals

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
Bitcoin Bunny7

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 09:05:37 PM

not much, if i only had $1 for food i could buy 4 bananas and get some free tap water
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 09:25:33 PM

Dollar Tree.     Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Eduarop

Activity: 98
Merit: 82

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 09:47:54 PM

Where do you live? I really want to believe that you can afford more expensive food! Embarrassed

Bitcoin Bunny7

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 10:43:57 PM

Dollar Tree.     Cool

dollar tree actually has some decent food, much better than i expected tbh.
CristianOff

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 10:49:48 PM

I live in UK
At current rate $1 is £0.77

I cannot even buy a water from a good shop
Food on the street usually starts at £1. 3 falafel balls for £1 and keep in mind that's outside London.
In London if you take a breath of their air you will be charged £20 instantly cause that's how it works

For $1 you can only get groceries that maybe you need to cook. 0.9 kilos of bottom level bananas
cost £0.76 at tesco which is in the budget!

At Lidl there are ready to eat things like small slices of pizza, panini and other stuff. The pizza usually goes for £0.60 but
it's not warm and it's not a real pizza, I don' know how to explain. More like a bread slice with tomato sauce, veggies and no mozzarella,
the panini for £0.25 (just bread). Sandwiches are never below £1 from my experience.

I went to a restaurant with a girl and we spent £45 on two main dishes, two lemonades and a starter that we shared.
Domino's pizza starts from £7 for a VERY small one. Goes over £15 for a big one.

Doner kebab is £4.50 where I live but I can get it at £4 in another shop (everything included like salads, sauces, meat)

Mcdonalds however, you can buy the simplest hamburger for £0.99 while other burgers go from £3.50. Small fries cost
£0.89 which is still not enough for my $1

I used to live in Italy where there used to be pizza shops around all the corners. €1 one freaking good slice of ANY pizza, will never forget
TnBackwoodsAdventures

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 12:08:33 AM

I'd have to loosen my belt if I could get a meal for a dollar.

I don't eat out much, I expect to pay 7 dollars for a subpar meal, and leave hungry. Sometimes you have to get a quick bite though, to get by till you get home and cook.

If I really need to eat, I go on and order a fully loaded heap of toppings pizza for about 15 dollars. That's enough to feed 2 and have leftovers until I can get to the grocery store.

Other than that though, pickings are expensive. Though there are a few diners at way back gas stations, where they do have full kitchens. If you know where they are you can get a heaping plate with big chicken, mashed taters, and 2 fried greens, for only 4-5 dollars. But these are an exception not the rule, and these convenience stores keep a steady line of customers coming back because of the good food and affordable prices.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: