Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:54:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to buy 1 bitcoin  (Read 729 times)
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 11:52:40 PM

I made a mistake and invested $1000 in bitcoin on the bitcoin app not the bitcoin pro exchange.  My plan was to invest a small amount and see that build up but I change my mind and would like to the whole value of a bitcoin which around $7300 right now not just $1000 worth.  So how can I do this through the exchange?  So now I need to invest around $6300.
There are several ways to earn more BTC but trading is the most logical way. So you will need the $1000 you invested and sufficient knowledge. Since there is enough money to trade, the only shortcoming is knowledge. So hurry up to collect this knowledge.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taskford

Activity: 2534
Merit: 787

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 03:44:40 AM

So I own $1000 in bitcoin but I want to invest the remaining amount to accumulate a whole bitcoin.  The prices fluctuates every second so how can I do this on coinbase?  I believe this is called a market buy order and I've looked at the steps on how to do this but I think they're outdated or wrong.

Since you are new and want to know more about this things best to move this topic to beginners help sections and possibly you will get the correct output for your questions since there are more veterans users who help newbie users for there questions https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0

And since you want to buy bitcoins then make sure that you are ready to buy at this rate since as you said the price is flactuating and might you will lose aswell get panic if certain falls happen but if you are a risk taker and willing to hold then look at the current price and initiate/execute your buy order and it will be filled.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 03:47:26 AM

I made a mistake and invested $1000 in bitcoin on the bitcoin app not the bitcoin pro exchange.  My plan was to invest a small amount and see that build up but I change my mind and would like to the whole value of a bitcoin which around $7300 right now not just $1000 worth.  So how can I do this through the exchange?  So now I need to invest around $6300.
There are several ways to earn more BTC but trading is the most logical way. So you will need the $1000 you invested and sufficient knowledge. Since there is enough money to trade, the only shortcoming is knowledge. So hurry up to collect this knowledge.

Although trading is the most logical way, he needs to make deposits another money if he wants to recover his losses in trading, so he will be able to make a profit. But he needs to consider to learn more about trading to know when he can enter the market. Or if he already has skills, he can choose scalping trade because I see a chance to do that way at the market. But be careful, the market is not predicted, and the price can run at any rate without we will know.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 12:59:29 PM

If you have a cash for a whole bitcoin. I suggest to you to divide that cash into several parts so you can do dollar cost averaging. Dollar cost averaging is helpful for situation like this because the market seems like full of confusion because it doesn't have a clear path where it is being headed so cost averaging will help you to spread the risk of investing.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 02:35:35 PM

Dollar cost averaging is helpful for situation like this because the market seems like full of confusion because it doesn't have a clear path where it is being headed so cost averaging will help you to spread the risk of investing.
This makes the most sense, not only for OP but for many other people who don't know what to do, because it's not easy to determine yourself with how indecisive the current market is.

One day it looks bullish while the next day the price tanks as fast as it went up. I generally use about 10% of my balance to dollar cost average into the market, which in case the price will go down more, will work out well for me.

That being said, you need a plan to dollar cost average into the market, so don't buy every single dip that you see. In some cases it's better to hold off for a while because there is more downside potential.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
metalglowd

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2019, 04:02:05 PM

Well i actually bit confused with your title thread and the content itself, you ask about How to buy 1 Bitcoin, but you're already have 1000$ in Bitcoin and then the remaining amount ?
is this in another cryptocurrencies like Ethereum or other tokens but you have small amount in it ? or your buy order maybe all completed yet because price is going up again ?
Buy and Sell will be easier if you do it in the exchange like Binance or Bithumb for example. Let's say you already have that 1000$, the only thing you need to do is just set your Sell Order higher than Buy Order itself, most of exchanges usually takes fee if you placed it in the same price as the recent Buy Order.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
HarmonyA

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 08:44:11 AM

So I own $1000 in bitcoin but I want to invest the remaining amount to accumulate a whole bitcoin.  The prices fluctuates every second so how can I do this on coinbase?  I believe this is called a market buy order and I've looked at the steps on how to do this but I think they're outdated or wrong.

Your available $1000 in far below the current price of bitcoin. The volatility of bitcoin won't allow you to purchase at such a price for a whole bitcoin. But if you are a professional trader, you can use the $1000 to trade with Alts that has a good market value, or better still invest in prospective projects IEO or ICO then will you be able to own a whole bitcoin in respect with time. Don't feel discouraged with the turn out of some previous Alts. Check the signature which I wear, you may prefer investing in it.
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 12:46:52 PM

Basically, you need to earn the price equivalent of 1 bitcoin today. As much as you can you must have the various sources of income and activities to earn bitcoin as well. Its a two way process, to earn bitcoin or to accumulate the certain $ dollar equivalent of 1 btc. Buying sites are everywhere and easy to process once you have the funds.

kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 01:14:27 PM

The current comparison is that bitcoin is priced at $ 7,500, if a capital of $ 1,000 wants to be a whole bitcoin you have to trade professionally, your funds will increase if it is profitable, but it is difficult friends especially in the use of Coinbase exchange.
Try to do other ways to trade coins with potential coins in a short time may be able to become a complete bitcoin.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
andycarrol

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 01:41:43 PM

So I own $1000 in bitcoin but I want to invest the remaining amount to accumulate a whole bitcoin.  The prices fluctuates every second so how can I do this on coinbase?  I believe this is called a market buy order and I've looked at the steps on how to do this but I think they're outdated or wrong.

Your available $1000 in far below the current price of bitcoin. The volatility of bitcoin won't allow you to purchase at such a price for a whole bitcoin. But if you are a professional trader, you can use the $1000 to trade with Alts that has a good market value, or better still invest in prospective projects IEO or ICO then will you be able to own a whole bitcoin in respect with time. Don't feel discouraged with the turn out of some previous Alts. Check the signature which I wear, you may prefer investing in it.

good advice, but I'm worried that if he doesn't have the knowledge, he might lose a lot of money. especially now that the market situation is unstable and tends to decline.
but IEO is a good choice, so far seeing IEO in the price comparison at binance in the early phase and now is quite good. especially if we can participate in the initial sales phase, it will be very good.
but indeed the best way to grow our bitcoin value is by trading altcoin.
Hippocrypto

Activity: 1484
Merit: 277

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 02:20:19 PM

Basically, you need to earn the price equivalent of 1 bitcoin today. As much as you can you must have the various sources of income and activities to earn bitcoin as well. Its a two way process, to earn bitcoin or to accumulate the certain $ dollar equivalent of 1 btc. Buying sites are everywhere and easy to process once you have the funds.

Save some of small income that you had, don't spend on thing that you don't need most. Only spend your money on basic commodities like food and transportation, so that we may save our money just for bitcoin holdings and we can earn a profitable income when we're able to acquire enough money to buy 1 bitcoin. Although it's hard to reach that amount, but with deligence and hardwork it's alwayd possible.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 04:41:11 PM

To buy 1 Bitcoin, you need to pay 7450 USD for today's price. Bitcoin is easier to buy than the old times, so you can buy without difficulty. Yes, I'm writing an answer based on this topic, because the message in the topic is ridiculous and nothing to answer. In line with your budget, if you can't get 1 Bitcoin, you should buy it according to your budget and use this money correctly to reach your goal. Unfortunately with 1000 USD you cannot buy 1 Bitcoin but you can increase this money by getting 0.13 Bitcoin and get 1 Bitcoin.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 04:56:25 PM

You cant stop the fluctuation and thats a normal thing with bitcoin and you should get used to it.Price in usd would vary from time to time so if you are targeting on buying bitcoin
then you should buy it on its current price on a certain time.After you bought it then price would either dump or rise on next to that.If you arent ready for such scenario then
bitcoin investment isnt for you. Theres no wrong or outdated because no matter where you do buy those prices would really be changing from time to time.

Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 06:47:35 PM

I am not clear what you are trying to say here. Buying Bitcoin in coinbase as easy as everyone can do it. Are you trying through the Coinbase Pro exchange or from the app? App worked perfect for me, therefore the Coinbase Pro exchange also very easy to process. Otherwise, you can try Binnace but don't think Coinbase is outdated or wrong!

bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2019, 08:13:46 PM

Buying bitcoin is one of the hardest thing for me. 1 bitcoin is too much expensive in my case since I am just a small time person. In fact, it is my dream even before. However, I want to make it as possible as I can. I think I just need to save atleast 10% of my salary and buy 1BTC during crash. It is good if I buy at price of 5000 dollars or less.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526
Merit: 10

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 11:26:12 PM

Your thoughts seem to be moving towards trading and I highly recommend not trying. Because when trading, you have to pay a fee when you order. Besides, if you are lucky, you will gain a few units, but if unlucky, you will lose a few units and lose extra fees. To be able to trade, you need to learn a lot from trading books.

Aying

Activity: 784

https://raiser.network

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 10:49:16 AM

Buying bitcoin is one of the hardest thing for me. 1 bitcoin is too much expensive in my case since I am just a small time person. In fact, it is my dream even before. However, I want to make it as possible as I can. I think I just need to save atleast 10% of my salary and buy 1BTC during crash. It is good if I buy at price of 5000 dollars or less.

In your case that you are busy and not focusing on crypto it is too hard to have 1 BTC but if you focus your time on trading and learn a lot of trading tricks or learn more the market to earn bitcoin, then it is possible. for now that the price is not at good condition, it is time to accumulate more then hodl if you want to have 1 BTC and more profit.

Watch out for this SPACE!
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 11:11:29 AM

I am not clear what you are trying to say here. Buying Bitcoin in coinbase as easy as everyone can do it. Are you trying through the Coinbase Pro exchange or from the app? App worked perfect for me, therefore the Coinbase Pro exchange also very easy to process. Otherwise, you can try Binnace but don't think Coinbase is outdated or wrong!
It seems OP is having hard time to buy bitcoin since the price keep changing in sec, so his buying order can't be execute yet. it's not about coinbase is outdated (other people would complain if they are outdated about their price, which also impossible for such like coinbase)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 11:44:02 AM

for now that the price is not at good condition, it is time to accumulate more then hodl if you want to have 1 BTC and more profit.
I agree. People generally only buy when they see the price go up because they think Bitcoin is going to change the world or something, but after a while they figure out that they bought the peak of a rally and will keep bleeding.

The uglier the market looks, the better the buying opportunity is. That's the evidence we have in every market. If people for once did the opposite of what they think is the best thing to do, they would have made quite a bit of money.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
alisonwonder

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 11:53:31 AM

for now that the price is not at good condition, it is time to accumulate more then hodl if you want to have 1 BTC and more profit.
I agree. People generally only buy when they see the price go up because they think Bitcoin is going to change the world or something, but after a while they figure out that they bought the peak of a rally and will keep bleeding.

The uglier the market looks, the better the buying opportunity is. That's the evidence we have in every market. If people for once did the opposite of what they think is the best thing to do, they would have made quite a bit of money.
but our problem is difficult to determine when the right time to buy. is the current price of bitcoin going down or up? sometimes a few percent increase makes us FOMO and a decline makes us panic.

MOONBET[]          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒