Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:50:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Help!! Does anyone know how to ..  (Read 882 times)
BlackMarketKarma (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cyclical economic ebb and flow.

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:58:43 AM

extract just the private key from a .json Kryptokit (chrome extension) back-up? I need to import to multibit but multibit won't accept the backup, I think because it contains a lot more than simply my private key, it contains gpg public and private keys etc as well and I presume that restore feature on multibit cannot interpret the other date contained in the file? maybe i'm wrong.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minzie

Activity: 110

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 01:54:08 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 11:01:02 PM by minzie

Can you open the file with a text editor and see if your key is in there. Multibit only imports plain text files as far as I know, and JSON is a text representation of a javascript object, so maybe that is all you need to do.

Professional Freelance Web Apps Engineer ° Portfolio °  ModoBot Automated Trading Platform ° BitThingy ° My Github  ° Skype: cclites_1
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 09:35:47 PM

Can you open the file with a text editor and see if your key is in there. Multibit only imports plain text files as far as I know, and JSON is a text representation of a javascript object, so maybe htat is all you need to do.

Indeed that should work - and you can try it already after it is done to see does it work Smiley

Cheers! (it will work Tongue )
minzie

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 11:03:46 PM

And with strange aeons even death may die.

Lovecraft fan, or Iron Maiden fan?

Professional Freelance Web Apps Engineer ° Portfolio °  ModoBot Automated Trading Platform ° BitThingy ° My Github  ° Skype: cclites_1
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 12:45:23 AM

And with strange aeons even death may die.

Lovecraft fan, or Iron Maiden fan?

Well Smiley
We can say both..

I was a fan of Iron Maiden for many years Smiley

And I read all of Lovecraft books Smiley

+1 for you that you knew whos quote is that Smiley (if you did not googled it Tongue)
minzie

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 03:03:24 AM

Didn't Google. Discovered the quote via Iron Maiden, and was drawn to Lovecraft. Yeah, I'm a little older than the rest of the crowd. Smiley

Sorry BlackMarketKarma; wasn't trying to hijack your thread. I just recognized a bit of culture, so I had to ask.

dubouis

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:42:52 PM

You can import to multibit without extracting the private key, don't you?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: