Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:53:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] GridSeed PCI-E Modded Power Cables by Lutro0 Customs [Lifetime Warrantied]  (Read 9683 times)
KoSoVaR (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:12:08 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 05:05:53 AM by KoSoVaR

FIRST 50 ORDERS: Get 20% off your entire order - first 50 customers.  Coupon is lcgridseed20off (Lots of orders have already been taken and the codes are going fast!)

Product Summary
I've teamed up with expert Modder & Cable Sleever Lutro0 Customs (http://lutro0-customs.com/, http://www.overclock.net/u/135653/lutro0, and http://www.facebook.com/lutro0customs) to create a few must-have products for the new wave of Gridseed ASICs coming. Let's be honest, the power supplies are crap, and the kit isn't really plug and play.  If you're getting a Gridseed unit, you get the actual unit, the USB cables, and buy your own hub. The rest is bloat because you either don't end up using it or you have a custom solution that better suits your needs (toss the controller, PSUs).

That's where Lutro0 Customs and I come in. We've come up with a concept for power cables that hook in to your existing PSUs (6 pin PCI-E required).

We have found a major design flaw with the so called Gridseed "Plug & Play" kits. The provided power supplies are cheaply made, smell bad, and possibly dangerous. You need to have some wire, electrical tape, and some DIY attitude to even get them hooked up.

That's where we come in - to provide you a real way to power up your Gridseed ASICs without having to possibly damage them. We do all the dirty work for your DC power adapters and even offer you a way to daisy chain them and hook up to 45 Gridseeds* (put * at bottom stating in scrypt mode only @ 7w max each) per PCI-E cable. We call it the Gridseed Power Trunk (GPT).

GPT is a modular system that will give you a trunked cable that can branch off in to - you guessed it, Gridseed Branch cables. There will be 3 versions of the branch cable - the 5, 10, and 15. In order to use the branch cables, you must have at lease one trunk cable. That trunk cable supports up to 3 branch cables of any type. We have created the GPT system to be easy to install and made to only connect one way so that you don't accidentally hook them up wrong.

Full Customization
Your cable can be as plain or as custom as you like. We offer Paracord and Teleios Sleeving in over 70 colors and even more combinations! We can even make them with colored wire if you like. The prices you see on the product page are for basic black cables and sleeved cables. But we will offer fully customized cables in different colors, length, and style or connectors that you would like. If you want to be be able to directly connect to your PSU all you need to do is contact us at Info@lutro0customs.com.

Lifetime Warranty
Lutro0 Customs has been making custom power supply cable for years now. With countless PSU units and extensions being finished and showcased around the world you can buy with confidence knowing your cables are put together with expert experience.
This is why we are confident enough in our products to offer a lifetime warranty on all cables. If you accidentally break it or the cable breaks from use or wear then you ship the cable to us and pay for the return shipping and we will repair or make a new cable for you asap. We are the only custom cable sleever or cable maker that offers this kind of warranty. So buy with confidence knowing also that nobody has ever needed their cable repaired.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
All of these cables are meant for single mode scrypt, however they can be used any way you like as long as you use discretion and make sure you don't push your PSU and cables to far. The cables are made to be rugged and last a lifetime out of years of making cables no one has ever burnt one.
A PCI-E cable can typically handle up to 325w (that's pushing the limit, so 5 Gridseeds in dual mode will be your limit).  At 325w limit, we're estimating 7w per unit and you can hook up 45 units per Trunk when maximizing the connector options.  Theoretically if you have a Silverstone ST1500 (comes with 4 PCI-E connectors), you can get 180 gridseeds hooked up with 4 trunks and 12 x Branch 15s. This scenario will consume about 1260w.

Products

Trunk
  • The trunk will have a 6pin male PCI-E connector that hooks up to your existing PSU. (note: you must have a 6pin PCI-E connector.)
  • It will branch off in to 3 12" "trunks" that feature a 6pin female PCI-E connector. (note: This is set up so there is no confusion on how to plug them in.)
  • These will be customizable in terms of length, just let us know and we can work something out. (note: For custom lengths please make your order and then contact us at info@lutro0customs.com.)

Gridseed Branch 5
  • Male PCI-E connector that requires a Trunk
  • 5 total DC adapters, capable of powering 5 gridseed units
  • 8" of slack from the PCI-E connector up until the first DC adapter
  • Total estimated cable length:  8" + (5" x 5) = 33"

Gridseed Branch 10
  • 10 total DC adapters, capable of powering 10 gridseed units
  • At the 5th DC adapter, there will be 8" of slack that will give you enough room to get to your next set of gridseeds
  • Total estimated cable length:  8" + 8" (10" x 5) = 66"

Gridseed Branch 15
  • 15 total DC adapters, capable of powering 15 gridseed units
  • At the 5th and 10th DC adapter, there will be 8" of slack that will give you enough room to get to your next set of gridseeds
  • Total estimated cable length:  8" (5" x 5 connectors) + 8" + (5x 5 connectors) + 8 (5" x 5 connectors) = 99"

Adapters
Adapters will be sold in the following types so you can use all of the cables of your PSU:
  • 8pin EPS to 6pin PCIE
  • 8pin PCIE to 6pin PCIE
  • 4Pin EPS to 6pin PCIE
  • 4Pin Molex Male or Female to 6pin PCIE

Pricing & Payment
Pricing will come in two basic categories, Sleeved and Not Sleeved. The price for Sleeved cables is about $10 more in most cases and a bit more for the more complicated cables.
We will provide Paracord and Plastic Teleios Sleeving which will offer over 70 colors. Pricing will also depend on if you are order our basic cables or are wanting to make a custom length, sleeving, and or colored wire order.
We will offer discounts for large orders so make sure to contact us first if you plan on making an order over 10 for any of the cables.
Pricing for all main cables can be found on the product page: http://lutro0-customs.com/products/gridseed-pci-e-modded-power-cables
Payments can be made with Credit Card, Debit, Paypal, and BitCoin all through our www.lutro0customs.com website.

Shipping
We offer a nice selection of shipping options for those in the USA and also to those worldwide

How to Order?
Please visit our website: http://lutro0-customs.com/products/gridseed-pci-e-modded-power-cables to make an order. We are using our website to take in orders as it allows us to offer multiple fully secure methods of payment. This also allows us to give you a better price on shipping and should give you the confidence to purchase from an established business.
If you are wanting custom cables - please email us at info@lutro0customs.com and we will set up your order from there.

Example Pictures and Sleeving Work Examples

Trunk

Here is a single - branches will come in 5, 10, & 15 DC power connectors per branch.  This is JUST an example and not the actual cable.

This is an example of the branch connection.  You'll have plenty of space to run your wiring!

Here is an actual Branch

Here is a Trunk and Branch at work

This is one side of our work bench. Josiah and I are both working on these to get them done asap.

Here are a few examples of the custom work that Lutro0 Customs provides.

Please feel free to check more out @ https://www.facebook.com/Lutro0Customs/photos_albums
More Pics to come!

If you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to post and ask. We have already some a large number of these cables and everyone so far has loved them - so buy with confidence knowing you are purchasing a high quality cable made from scratch by experts in the field.

Thanks for taking the time to read and your consideration.
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:51:48 PM

Interested.

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:38:06 PM

What is the ETA on these?!?!  I need a bunch soon!
Lutro0

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:19:23 PM

Hello everyone! I just wanted to drop in an acknowledge Kosovars post. Those that know me know my reputation and know my heart to provide the best cable solutions to the communities that need them. Our Facebook page and website are full of reviews if you choose to read them.

I also wanted to say that we are personally invested into this as I run a 35-40MHs Bank of 290s for Scrypt Coins. I have ran the Bank for a while now and would love to see this new way of mining flourish while also helping those that don't have the time or expertise in making cables.

Anyone may contact me through our website for questions and we will have much more information on its way.
pbj sammich

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

Fighting Liquid with Liquid

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:44:02 PM

Very interested as well. Look forward to seeing the pictures later
Lutro0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:38:29 PM

Very interested as well. Look forward to seeing the pictures later

We will have some initial pics of the Trunk System up very soon.

Our goal is to make these fully modular using thick 16awg wire. I have been producing Custom Cabling for many corporations for years now, with that comes cabling for test products and massive stress testing - so these cable will be the result of that perfection, reliability, and performance.
Lutro0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:47:00 PM

Prices have been updated and Pre-Orders are now opened.

We will have more full photos coming up soon, but be rest assured these will be top quality cables that will last you. I also provide lifetime warranties on all of my cables so if they break we will replace them free of cost. This is how confident we are in our work as we have been a cabling provider for years now and never have we had to replace a broken cable.

Please visit http://lutro0-customs.com/products/gridseed-pci-e-modded-power-cables-pre-order for ordering or contact us on here.

Please feel free to continue posting questions, comments, or advice!
KoSoVaR (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:01:52 PM

Prices have been updated and Pre-Orders are now opened.

We will have more full photos coming up soon, but be rest assured these will be top quality cables that will last you. I also provide lifetime warranties on all of my cables so if they break we will replace them free of cost. This is how confident we are in our work as we have been a cabling provider for years now and never have we had to replace a broken cable.

Please visit http://lutro0-customs.com/products/gridseed-pci-e-modded-power-cables-pre-order for ordering or contact us on here.

Please feel free to continue posting questions, comments, or advice!

I have updated the top of the first post with preorder links, coupon for first 50 customers, and shipping information.

You can pay with BTC or other methods at Lutro0's checkout.

To quickly recap pricing:

• Trunk - $15
  • Branch 5 - $25
  • Branch 10 - $35
  • Branch 15 - $50

There will also be a few adapters for sale to connect your trunk to (8pin / 4pin EPS to 6pin PCI-E, 8pin PCI-E to 6pin PCI-E, 4pin molex to PCI-E)
Lutro0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:45:10 PM

Some new pics added to the OP.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0198/1460/products/IMG_00471_1024x1024.jpg?v=1395168162

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0198/1460/products/IMG_00481_1024x1024.jpg?v=1395168163

These show the functionality of the cables. These are just single branches for show. The real branches will come in sets of 5, 10, and 15 DC Connectors.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:14:07 PM

Order placed... woot  Cool

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:42:56 PM

Ordered, will see how it works out. It's pricey, but doing it myself for the quantity that I need wouldn't cost much less and would be a waste of a good weekend if not more.
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:58:56 PM

What connections are those? 6 pin PCIE --> 3 (6pin PCIE)? What gauge wires are those? 300 watts per pcie cable? (6pin/8)...?

Lutro0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:11:11 PM

What connections are those? 6 pin PCIE --> 3 (6pin PCIE)? What gauge wires are those? 300 watts per pcie cable? (6pin/8)...?

They are 6pin Males to 3x 6pin Females,

The branches will have Male connectors to connect to the Females on the trunks, we set them up like this so nothing gets plugged in the wrong way.

I am using 16awg cable that can most handle anything a PSU can put out. When I do custom wiring for sleeved cables we use 18awg in allot of them and even that handles some of the beast LN2 overclocker cables.
KoSoVaR (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:15:42 PM

They are 6pin Males to 3x 6pin Females,

The branches will have Male connectors to connect to the Females on the trunks, we set them up like this so nothing gets plugged in the wrong way.

I am using 16awg cable that can handle anything a PSU can put out.

Just some more information, the PCI-E provided cables that come with PSUs are typically 16AWG.  They can "handle" around 600w, especially if your PSU is a single rail you can probably daisy chain $wattage / (7 * n-gridseeds).

A Silverstone ST1500 for example, could potentially power up 200 grid seeds .. if daisy chained correctly (although I think the amperage on the PCI-E is limited at some point).

We've thought through this, and the way we're doing it seems to be the most logical and the safest method.
Axion_Zen

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:19:13 PM

where do you apply the coupon?
Lutro0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:27:30 PM

where do you apply the coupon?

At checkout, if you have a hard time finding it just go ahead with the purchase and PM me and I will make sure it gets applied to your order. =)
Lutro0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:34:53 PM

Ordered, will see how it works out. It's pricey, but doing it myself for the quantity that I need wouldn't cost much less and would be a waste of a good weekend if not more.

Order placed... woot  Cool

Thank so much for your Pre-Orders, You will love these cables and will see the quality right away.

If you want to get a look at some more of my work please visit my galleries on my custom cable pages:
http://lutro0-customs.com/products/custom-pet-plastic-type-extensions
http://lutro0-customs.com/products/custom-paracord-extensions

We will gladly sleeve these and any other cables you have for a custom price.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0198/1460/products/900x900px-LL-b1c3ac65_IMG_2877_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1366387205
Lutro0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:28:34 PM

Sorry for the double post,

But I wanted to thank everyone for the massive ammount of feedback and Pre-Orders. I do offer a bigger discount on large orders and we will sell all the supplied for you to make these yourself should you want.

Thanks a ton!
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 02:41:38 PM

Worked with KoSo on an order for my group buy..cant wait to get these!
yeahright

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:59:29 PM

Ordered!!! Can't wait to get them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: