Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:04:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Meetup Mumbai Dec 2019  (Read 221 times)
btc_enigma (OP)

Activity: 688
Merit: 565

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 05:28:42 AM
Merited by RapTarX (1)

Delta_Exchange will be organizing a Bitcoin meetup in Mumbai on 17 Dec 2019. This event is to talk about problems and their solutions related to #Bitcoin and @lightning
More details can be viewed below:

https://www.delta.bitcoinmeetup.info/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 11:06:20 AM

Anyone planning to go for this meet up in this forum, i have not seen any response in this thread and hence i am asking you fellows.

@btc_enigma, good luck with your project and the meet up.
Sujoris

Activity: 80
Merit: 46

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 08:20:06 PM

Maybe the reason no one responded is because of the legality surrounding the matter. If the commercial application of Bitcoin is banned, can there be meetups conducted by commercial entities?
jayguar

Activity: 616
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 03:18:48 PM

It is a meetup organized not by any commercial organization but by an exchange and one which is not p2p. Hence people will be wary to attend such meetups. There would be better participation / attendance if it were to be organized by any cryptocurrency or blockchain clubs or alliances.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄█████████████▄
░░░█████████████████
░░████▄░░░█████▄████
███▀██░░░███████████
██████░░░████████████
███▄██░░░██████▀█████
████░░░░░███████████
█████▄░░░░██████▀░░███
██████░░░░░▀▀▀░░░▄███
░░██████░░██▄▄▄▄████
░░░██████▄▀█▀▄████
░░░░▀█████████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UNNAMED.EXCHANGE░░░░▄██░░
░░░░██░░░
░░░▀██▀░░
░░░░██░░░

░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░
░░███████░░
▐██▄█▄██▌
██▄  ▀  ▄██
░░░▄▄░░▄██▄░░
░░▀███▄███▌░░
░░░░██████░░░
░░░░▄███▀░░░░
░░░░░▄██░░░
░░░▄████░░░
░░██▀▄██▌░░
░░░░▀██░░
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 10:22:03 PM

It is a meetup organized not by any commercial organization but by an exchange and one which is not p2p. Hence people will be wary to attend such meetups. There would be better participation / attendance if it were to be organized by any cryptocurrency or blockchain clubs or alliances.

I even think people would not announce there presence in this type of meetups here even if they attended it, as most of them would prefer anonymity !
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 04:10:15 AM
Merited by Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

हनूज़ मुम्बई दूर अस्त। Mumbai is too far off for now...

I dont think anybody should be worried about attending a technological meetup. Is it even possible to declare blockchain illegal. It is basically a set of data structures and Function calls. There is no need to associate any kind of shadiness with such a thing. I would be glad to attend if something of this sort happens in the NCR region.
Those of you around Mumbai, go attend..Share pictures..Maybe wear a guy fawkes mask if you'd prefer not to show us all how beautiful you are..LOL..

But c'mon..Go attend..
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 04:26:09 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2019, 06:13:36 AM by avikz
Merited by Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

I dont think anybody should be worried about attending a technological meetup. Is it even possible to declare blockchain illegal. It is basically a set of data structures and Function calls. There is no need to associate any kind of shadiness with such a thing. I would be glad to attend if something of this sort happens in the NCR region.
Those of you around Mumbai, go attend..Share pictures..Maybe wear a guy fawkes mask if you'd prefer not to show us all how beautiful you are..LOL..

But c'mon..Go attend..

It's not a technical meetup mate! If you see the agenda associated with the list of speakers, it's purely on cryptocurrency and various aspects of crypto trading. No one really talks about blockchain use cases there! India is going through a big political turmoil right now and cryptos have been pushed to the least priority by the court. So I don't think that it will be much of an issue from legal perspective!

17th is Tuesday and I am sure office goers will not be able to attend such meetups during the weekdays. It is always better to plan such thing on weekends for maximum turn out! I could have visited if it was planned on weekend!

amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 05:17:20 AM

@Avikz, The speaker lineup looks quite informative. There is this Mathematics guy talking about LN. I would have loved to absorb some of that esoteric shit. Also, the trader type with crypto derivatives seems interesting. Then there is the compulsory libertarian in the mix too.

It all looks pretty interesting. There is a section where someone can even apply to be a speaker. Dude you go be our forum representative or something. We won't ask for picthres, promise..Smiley

And you are right. Planning this on a weekday is a stretch. It starts at 04:00 PM though. So maybe am early day-off can help, mumbai traffic notwitstanding. The content sound interesting enough though. Somebody please go and share the experience and vibe here.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 07:17:32 AM

But c'mon..Go attend..
I know right. Despite that fact that cryptocurrency doesn't have any laws as of now, people are afraid of going public in this regard.
Worst case is in Gujarat where the police arrests people who are dealing with crypto or mining crypto.
I don't understand how the police can take such actions when there aren't any laws of crypto.

17th is Tuesday and I am sure office goers will not be able to attend such meetups during the weekdays. It is always better to plan such thing on weekends for maximum turn out! I could have visited if it was planned on weekend!

Same here mate! I am interested in such meetups but since it's on a weekday I won't be able to join in because of office.
I would be more than happy if the event was conducted on a weekend instead. I would have surely shared the pictures as well.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███