Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:15:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Crypto/Blockchain hype over?  (Read 1106 times)
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 11:50:48 AM

With ever-declining prices on the crypto market since 2018, there has been a decline in the number of ICOs and the emergence of new crypto projects within the mainstream world. 2017 was believed to be the golden year of crypto and Blockchain technology as people invested massively across the market. Crypto startups, companies, and businesses have been largely successful since then. Due to the hype, we've seen many projects come up with a Blockchain solution for nearly anything in life. But the truth is that Blockchain is not needed for absolutely everything.

It's today, and there seems to be a decline in crypto interest among people in the mainstream world. The number of crypto startups and companies have been reduced too. Does this mean that the crypto/Blockchain hype is finally over? Or is it still going on?

What are your thoughts? Huh
I think that only the ICO hype is over. Blockchain and crypto are a utility which they would remain until a lot of time. But the phase where everyone thought they could become rich merely by sending some money to a crowdfunding is over. Moreover it's over in a very bad manner as most of the ICO owners just took money from people and never made their ICO projects. They have just been involved in making social media hype and delay their beta versions every 3 months. I haven't seen a single ICO which have published their whole project which they showed in white paper while most of the projects actually promised to deliver results by end of the decade. It really is pretty sad to see ICOs ending like this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 02:22:34 PM

With ever-declining prices on the crypto market since 2018, there has been a decline in the number of ICOs and the emergence of new crypto projects within the mainstream world. 2017 was believed to be the golden year of crypto and Blockchain technology as people invested massively across the market. Crypto startups, companies, and businesses have been largely successful since then. Due to the hype, we've seen many projects come up with a Blockchain solution for nearly anything in life. But the truth is that Blockchain is not needed for absolutely everything.

It's today, and there seems to be a decline in crypto interest among people in the mainstream world. The number of crypto startups and companies have been reduced too. Does this mean that the crypto/Blockchain hype is finally over? Or is it still going on?

I think Crypto/Blockchain hype is not yet over.  The market is just relaxing a bit due to the excessive hype last 2017.  Once it bottom and new entries of great project and ideas regarding blockchain tech comes in, we can see another rallies of hype on the market.  We just need to wait a bit and see this hype happening when these so called new sets of ideas comes in.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 02:30:51 PM

I think Crypto/Blockchain hype is not yet over.  The market is just relaxing a bit due to the excessive hype last 2017.  Once it bottom and new entries of great project and ideas regarding blockchain tech comes in, we can see another rallies of hype on the market.  We just need to wait a bit and see this hype happening when these so called new sets of ideas comes in.

Yeah it's just on sideway and calm condition, i'm sure there will be a time that people are hype again with cryptocurrency and the best thing to right now is preparing for that time by buying as much as we can while the price is still cheap.
pawanjain

Activity: 2660
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 02:36:34 PM

I agree that blockchain is not necessary in all the situations. Some scenarios are better of solved without using blockchain.
But I guess people wanted to use the hype word in order to make money and so it happened.

I have read a theory where they have explained that any technology or so has a timeframe where it is extremely hyped and is booming in the market after which it drops hard. It is after the drop, that the real rise begins and derives the actual use of the technology.

So, may be 2017 was the hype period of blockchain and after that it dropped. May be it will now show us the actual growth and use of blockchain.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
memed97

Activity: 1148
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 02:38:48 PM

The price in the cryptocurrency market since 2018 has been declining, the number of ICOs and new projects are constantly appearing. I also feel Blockchain is not necessary for everything.
Blockchain is still needed, although prices in the cryptocurrency market since 2018 have declined, because all of that is related to market conditions and the number of traders in the market, so we cannot say that the blockchain is no longer needed.
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2019, 02:54:47 PM

Most certainly, especially since the bull run of 2017 there were  alot of hyped project  in the market, lots of people  were also investing without making any proper research about the project, many people came to be aware blockchain because of the high price not because of the technology, so yes, it seems that crypto/blockchain were over hyped but this time things are done differently.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 03:32:23 PM

It's today, and there seems to be a decline in crypto interest among people in the mainstream world.
I'm pretty sure it's not the people, but every time at the end of the year we will most likely experiencing this stuff where the price is declining slowly. If people has no interest to crypto, then people will just slowly move on to other coins like Ethereum yet it's not.

The number of crypto startups and companies have been reduced too. Does this mean that the crypto/Blockchain hype is finally over? Or is it still going on?
It's not over yet, just wait till Bitcoin halving.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 04:22:04 PM

Obviously today is different from 2017 since 2017 is its peak. But that doesn't mean because of bear run, people are declining and leaving crypto already. it's just that during 2017, it's easier to attracts people in crypto unlike today. But as long as we continue to share crypto to others, we can still attract people. I still believe that cryptocurrency will survive and last longer.
Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 04:40:35 PM

It seems to be true. Yes, 2017 is said to be the "Golden Year" for cryptocurrency which we all have notice that despite of the circumstances that we have faced on that year, still the market have managed to keep the price up until the end of that year. A sudden drop down have happened up the entrance of 2018 which is for me gives shivers and shocking reaction on how come that from a fast growing market, turns out to be down all of a sudden. Maybe the excitement of the people in 2017 have not gone through the year 2018, which leads all of us into a down market up until to this moment of time. In my opinion, I am still into believing with cryptocurrency because it have gone through many ups and downs way back it have started and still manages to continue even without the hype. I am hoping that sooner or later people will realize the relevance of using crypto and how can crypto be helpful in such ways possible driven by the innovation brought by the rise of modern technology we have.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
ACTrend

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2019, 04:40:50 PM

I think that the point is that the blockchain was implemented absolutely for everything. And scammers used it. And there were so many projects that there were simply not enough investors for everything. When people began to lose and sell their altcoins minus, many stopped believing in cryptocurrency and technology. Therefore, demand has disappeared. But I think if something like  ICO still comes, then the hype will return. Smiley

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 04:50:03 PM

of course , its totally gone , already gone , and won't come back , for sure . just see how market going .
need a huge sentiment to crypto world for make it back , and so far , just a bad news came to crypto , may u talk about country country adopting crypto , oh come on , we need more than it to release the kraken.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 06:20:07 PM

of course , its totally gone , already gone , and won't come back , for sure . just see how market going .
need a huge sentiment to crypto world for make it back , and so far , just a bad news came to crypto , may u talk about country country adopting crypto , oh come on , we need more than it to release the kraken.
I don’t think that he will never return, but I agree that in order to return it need a lot of positive news. I also think that this will take several years and then the industry will begin to show the whole world why it was created for and what potential use it has

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 03:17:53 PM

I don’t think that he will never return, but I agree that in order to return it need a lot of positive news. I also think that this will take several years and then the industry will begin to show the whole world why it was created for and what potential use it has
positive news ? i didn't think its enough to make attention for the world. I'm talking about recognition from the world directly , like "donald trump suddenly buying 100 btc for the beginning" or "warren buffet sell 5% of apple shares to buy bitcoin" or atleast "USA finally approved bitcoin ETF" as a investement.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 02:07:32 AM

I agree that blockchain is not necessary in all the situations. Some scenarios are better of solved without using blockchain.
But I guess people wanted to use the hype word in order to make money and so it happened.

I have read a theory where they have explained that any technology or so has a timeframe where it is extremely hyped and is booming in the market after which it drops hard. It is after the drop, that the real rise begins and derives the actual use of the technology.

So, may be 2017 was the hype period of blockchain and after that it dropped. May be it will now show us the actual growth and use of blockchain.

The hype was all about making money than anything else. So many companies and startups came into inception since 2017 with the goal of profiting from Blockchain's success. Yet, we've seen how most companies have failed while others have reduced their employees in order to minimize losses from the long-lasting bear market which began in 2018. Now that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are constantly declining in price, everything has gone silent. There isn't the same excitement there was back in 2017. I guess that crypto and Blockchain tech has reached a timeframe where the world expects results instead of false promises delivered by hype.

Once crypto does its thing to deliver real use cases for the mainstream world, then I believe that prices will start to rise across the market. While this may not be comparable to the events of 2017 (where everyone was full of hype), the industry will grow positively over time as investors continue to support Blockchains that are truly useful to the world. The reason why most people have declared Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies to be "dead", is because their prices have declined considerably across the crypto market. Believe me, that once prices start to rise, you can expect people to revive the "hype" once more.

Nonetheless, it's not about the price but rather crypto's core Blockchain technology. As long as the same is able to provide financial freedom, people will have a choice against the traditional economic system of today. If they focus on the money instead of what really matters, then I'm afraid the industry won't be going further in the future. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
karanggatak

Activity: 1106
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 05:24:38 AM

I think the sensation of crypto and blockchain is not over but now most investors do not believe in ICO projects because the number of ICOs that are scam and the value of bitcoin continues to decline causing the altcoin market to also decline. so it's only natural that the crypto market is experiencing a drastic decline. but I am still optimistic that when bitcoin is pumping, the cyrpto market will return to green and there is now an IEO project in place of the ICO project.

██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 01:58:20 AM

I think the sensation of crypto and blockchain is not over but now most investors do not believe in ICO projects because the number of ICOs that are scam and the value of bitcoin continues to decline causing the altcoin market to also decline. so it's only natural that the crypto market is experiencing a drastic decline. but I am still optimistic that when bitcoin is pumping, the cyrpto market will return to green and there is now an IEO project in place of the ICO project.

That's certainly true, mate. But with the introduction of IEOs and STOs, the Blockchain industry could become as buoyant as it was back in 2017. Regulation is necessary in order to bring serious investors and traders into the ecosystem. Only then, the "hype" will see a revival across the mainstream world. Of course, we all know that most people are in it for the money than anything else. As soon as they see Bitcoin prices hit the roof, they think that the industry is progressing. Otherwise, they would believe that crypto and Blockchain tech are dead. However, this is just a misconception among everyday people.

Believe me that once crypto starts rising in price like skyrocket, the "hype" will continue in the same manner as 2017. The future is still bright for crypto and Blockchain technology, as mainstream companies and even worldwide governments are adopting them for their own benefit. Sooner or later, we'll see a rise in STOs as fortune 500 companies join the crypto craze. I believe that this is just the beginning as crypto and Blockchain technology are becoming more regulated in the mainstream world. After a couple of years from now, both you and me will be considered as early adopters of this revolutionary technology. With due time, everything will be back to normal. We just have to be patient in order to achieve great results in the future. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
HabiebRiziq

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 03:16:30 AM

Yeah it's just on sideway and calm condition, i'm sure there will be a time that people are hype again with cryptocurrency and the best thing to right now is preparing for that time by buying as much as we can while the price is still cheap.
All we need to do is be more patient and not rush in making every decision. And when the price of coins on the market is still low this is indeed the right time to buy more coins to prepare yourself the following year and hope that 2020 will be a profitable year later.
No One

Activity: 417
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 07:37:36 AM

I do not think people's interest in cryptocurrency has been over. What is true is that people are losing their interest in cryptocurrency due to its recent crash. At present, the market has crashed. The market had faced similar situation in 2013 as well. When it recovered then, the people started putting interest in it again. So will happen when the market corrects itself.

StepChain  │  A Responsible Fitness App
Mega_crypto

Activity: 188
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 07:48:20 AM

According to the statistics on investing in ICO, the peak in February 2018 it accounted for about $ 2.6 billion, in 2019 the drop in the number and volume of investments in crypto projects fell from $ 1.5 billion in January up to $ 200,000 in December. We are at the bottom, interest in ICO is very low.
Sembadapuja

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 08:14:27 AM

Even though they are wrong about the understanding of crypto itself. I think it's also good when the hype is over, because the potential for scam projects is a little reduced because he understands that there are already many people who are aware and broad-minded. Cryptocurrency hype might have quietened down a bit in the mainstream media, but Blockchain and DLT have become the buzz words of the moment.We are expecting a decline in activity simply because of the bearish trend. I vehemently believe that ones we have a bull run we would have another hype in activities. Natural grow is much better than hype.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: