Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:16:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban evasion by scammy DT member - please permaban account - case #1  (Read 1528 times)
wolwoo
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1139

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 09:47:00 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2019, 10:18:40 PM by wolwoo

maybe it was a very valuable message, but yours is worthless and we all see it.

Report this merit abuse to theymos then. Now can we get back on topic? Do you have the post that goraset merited? It's a very much yes/no question. Let's see how valuable it was.

yes "cryptotalk" right!
and upper limit 5
I replied because he blamed it.

I take it as a "no" regarding on-topic then. Luckily for you not-yobit pays quickly so you already got your 5 paid posts in and you won't suffer financial consequences once this gets cleaned up.

marlboroza spoke about cryptotalk, so I replied.
Why are you in the position of prosecutor questioning everything. you're the one who talks to the "Turks".

in the forum merit received messages are permanent, "delete merit from deleted messages" and open your request to @theymos. Why are you telling me? did I write the rules? You try to justify yourself by prolonging and demagoguery.

I understand you, this is a "busy shop", and you want to keep your position. you are a useful member but for some
You put a system in place and you don't want it to fail. You don't want someone like me who interrogates and opposes what you say. you have to be superior and you have to show it to everyone but you can't Cheesy
You're really lucky because my English is weak or I'd knock you out with my words ... Wink

I respect my campaign manager and leave my words here.
please do not give right to answer

Kurtla beraber öldürüyorlar, çobanla beraber yiyorlar, sahibiyle beraber ağlıyorlar.
guzuyu zaten ipleyen yok Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2019, 09:54:52 PM
Merited by JaredKaragen (10)

~

So you have nothing to say on the topic of goraset's ban evasion but you'll keep posting anyway? Gotcha.

Good job trying to heed yahoo62278's advice by posting a couple of paragraphs although that's probably not quite what he had in mind.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 10:35:25 AM

Was trying to get a hang of this drama, Came across @wolwoo arguing over a 50 merited post with Suchmoon raising question on his giving LTU_btc 50 merits.

everyone in the same position

What position? Everyone sends 50 merits to their cousin? Is LTU_btc my alt?

Try spending more than 30 seconds on your next post and figure out an excuse for goraset without resorting to fallacies. I bet you can't do it.

This is what LTU_btc wrote:

--snip--
theymos told that I would have received Legendary status at lowest possible activity. So, I was just one week away from Legendary rank when merit system was released lol.
There have been multiple instances where lot of users go without merit because their posts aren't seen by too many. LTU_btc is a fairly idenitifiable member because of the frequency of his posts. He frequently used to post in beginner sections which means he was helping out newbies. He missed being legendary compared to his peers by a pretty small margin. Keep in mind that getting legendary status was a random event above near-about 700 activity.
I think suchmoon saw that post and judged from his post quality that he was probably short changed when it came to becoming legendary. Merit sources who have huge quotas often find it difficult to spread it to all the users they would consider worthy. I think Suchmoon did it as a simple shortcut. Trying to find 10 merit-worthy posts from the thousands would be time consuming.

If he is a fairly known member, maybe he decided to grant him those merits. This is a subjective judgement that is understandable. Maybe consider LTU_btc lucky that suchmoon's eyes fell on that post. I won't say it is completely free from bias but it is what it is. Even TMAN proposed to offer a particular member 50 merits when he receives his refill. These are open instances of people knowing each other through the forum, not of people being relatives and then benefiting each other on the forum.

Your meriting a user 50 posts, and then those posts getting deleted isn't really all that convincing. This would be considered pretty shady for someone who is a DT1. Also, the fact that you accepted that those were people you knew makes it pretty bad.

Imagine if I am a merit source. If i made it a business to tell my family and friends to join and then merited their posts to up-rank them so that we could all earn more of "tokens", then that would be a pretty shitty thing to do.

I don't know what you think Sathoshi wanted this forum for. What we do know is that there is a certain bit of idealism in that approach. There are elements of being upright, fair and transparent. Not doing things like copying articles and then calling it "Ohh, but its not a big deal, right?" Things that may be considered street-smart don't really make the cut when judged against uprightness.

Maybe if you or these other people actually owned up to these shortcomings and mistakes rather than make excuses, there wouldn't be a need for this endless defense and excuses of racism/ national insults (LOL, seriously??).

Don't make it about the country. From what I've heard about Turkey, its a nice country. This girl I know wanted me to watch this show that had main characters Hayat, Murat. Sweet, romantic stuff. I didn't watch past 3-4 episodes but the songs are good.
wolwoo
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 10:44:14 AM

Was trying to get a hang of this drama, Came across @wolwoo arguing over a 50 merited post with Suchmoon raising question on his giving LTU_btc 50 merits.

everyone in the same position

What position? Everyone sends 50 merits to their cousin? Is LTU_btc my alt?

Try spending more than 30 seconds on your next post and figure out an excuse for goraset without resorting to fallacies. I bet you can't do it.

This is what LTU_btc wrote:

--snip--
theymos told that I would have received Legendary status at lowest possible activity. So, I was just one week away from Legendary rank when merit system was released lol.
There have been multiple instances where lot of users go without merit because their posts aren't seen by too many. LTU_btc is a fairly idenitifiable member because of the frequency of his posts. He frequently used to post in beginner sections which means he was helping out newbies. He missed being legendary compared to his peers by a pretty small margin. Keep in mind that getting legendary status was a random event above near-about 700 activity.
I think suchmoon saw that post and judged from his post quality that he was probably short changed when it came to becoming legendary. Merit sources who have huge quotas often find it difficult to spread it to all the users they would consider worthy. I think Suchmoon did it as a simple shortcut. Trying to find 10 merit-worthy posts from the thousands would be time consuming.

If he is a fairly known member, maybe he decided to grant him those merits. This is a subjective judgement that is understandable. Maybe consider LTU_btc lucky that suchmoon's eyes fell on that post. I won't say it is completely free from bias but it is what it is. Even TMAN proposed to offer a particular member 50 merits when he receives his refill. These are open instances of people knowing each other through the forum, not of people being relatives and then benefiting each other on the forum.

Your meriting a user 50 posts, and then those posts getting deleted isn't really all that convincing. This would be considered pretty shady for someone who is a DT1. Also, the fact that you accepted that those were people you knew makes it pretty bad.

Imagine if I am a merit source. If i made it a business to tell my family and friends to join and then merited their posts to up-rank them so that we could all earn more of "tokens", then that would be a pretty shitty thing to do.

I don't know what you think Sathoshi wanted this forum for. What we do know is that there is a certain bit of idealism in that approach. There are elements of being upright, fair and transparent. Not doing things like copying articles and then calling it "Ohh, but its not a big deal, right?" Things that may be considered street-smart don't really make the cut when judged against uprightness.

Maybe if you or these other people actually owned up to these shortcomings and mistakes rather than make excuses, there wouldn't be a need for this endless defense and excuses of racism/ national insults (LOL, seriously??).

Don't make it about the country. From what I've heard about Turkey, its a nice country. This girl I know wanted me to watch this show that had main characters Hayat, Murat. Sweet, romantic stuff. I didn't watch past 3-4 episodes but the songs are good.

yoo bravo

you lick well Cheesy
maybe they give you 90 merit, they make you a hero Wink you deserve(!) it now

Kurtla beraber öldürüyorlar, çobanla beraber yiyorlar, sahibiyle beraber ağlıyorlar.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2019, 04:06:26 PM

~

The good news is that LTU_btc got 10 more merits for that post after wolwoo brought it up here so it's been a positive impact albeit not intended.

I will continue to send merit in big batches to posters who are steady merit earners and need a boost for the next rank. Personally I don't care about ranks at all but some people do and if they are good posters I consider it my obligation to help them out, especially if our paths don't often meet for me to merit many of their individual posts.

What this has to do with the ban evading sockpuppets - remains a mystery to me.

I can send 50 max but thanks for pointing that out, much appreciated.
wolwoo
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 04:25:12 PM

~

The good news is that LTU_btc got 10 more merits for that post after wolwoo brought it up here so it's been a positive impact albeit not intended.

I will continue to send merit in big batches to posters who are steady merit earners and need a boost for the next rank. Personally I don't care about ranks at all but some people do and if they are good posters I consider it my obligation to help them out, especially if our paths don't often meet for me to merit many of their individual posts.

What this has to do with the ban evading sockpuppets - remains a mystery to me.

I can send 50 max but thanks for pointing that out, much appreciated.

Oh yes your men are precious, ours are not worthless?
90 if you call your partners. or give 40+ next month

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: