Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:16:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S17 - is mining but not showing up in antpool dashboard  (Read 177 times)
addalol (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 07:05:15 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2019, 10:07:56 AM by frodocooper
Merited by hugeblack (1)

Im new here and to ASIC mining, so please excuse my plebishness, still learning!

So i got my S17 5 days ago, it didnt instantly work, because i was getting "Hardware version: Socket connect failed: Connection refused" error, which resolved itself, after running for 5-10min, is this normal?

Yesterday i was testing out stuff (not smart) in the APminertool, i pressed "config" which said "config failed" after it had run

After that the miner disconnected, rebooted i think, here startes the problem;

In the APminingtool the mininer is hashing away, everything looks normal, on the statuspage for the miner everything looks normal all pools are alive and miner is hashing.

But on the antpool dashboard the miner is showing as inactive, and today i didnt get the normal payout that i used to get.
When i go into miner settings on antpool webpage it says that the miner is mining bitcoin, but still marked as inactive.

Im wondering if the error has something to do with the network cable or router, because the lanport on my router is blinking an amber color (dont know if it was amber when everything was working), which i think means 10-100mbit speed, but my router Netgear R6800 is only one year old, and worked just 2 days ago:s I bought a new network cable, that didnt solve the problem.
I also notised that when looking within my router for connected units, the miner shows up, but not with a name, when it was working the miner showed up with the name: antminer, dunno why this happend.
I found a post on the forum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2039569.0 which talks about a patch cable vs crossover cable solution, dont know how to check what sort my cable is, and how to get ahold of a specific network cable which is a patch cable in this instance, i though they all were the same.

I have tried pinging it through the miner page, mostly get 6/6 but sometimes its 5/6 recived.

I have tried rebooting both the antminer and router many times, dosnt solve the problem.

So the question is where is the fault, and how do i fix it

1 Faulty router?
2 Faulty network cable?
2.1 Wrong network cable?
3 I fucked with some settings when i hit "config" ?

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! Smiley
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2019, 09:03:00 PM

Did you set the miners configuration if you point the miner to antpool mining address?
Check the miner's configuration and put the antpool miner's address including the worker name and pass.

Make sure no extra spaces because sometimes it won't hash or it will show in antpool dashboard inactive.

Check this link from antpool to guide you how to config your miner https://help.antpool.com/en/chapter-2/10.html

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2549

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 09:08:40 PM

So i got my S17 5 days ago, it didnt instantly work, because i was getting "Hardware version: Socket connect failed: Connection refused" error, which resolved itself, after running for 5-10min, is this normal?
Yes it is normal for ALL Antminers since the s9 batch-15 when BM started using an Autotune function for the miners to test themselves and decide how fast they can run. You will get that message for as long as autotune is running.

Depending on a lot of things autotune can run for several min to over 45min before the miner starts hashing.
The one good thing is that while they are testing themselves you can enter user & pool info and restart. Then once they start hashing they will be doing so pointed at your pool vs BM's.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
addalol (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 07:44:50 PM

Really sorry for the late reply.

In the middle of exam season then xmas vacation.

Here is what happend, 15 min after i wrote this post, I was going through the miner status, i saw that the name had changed, I think it changed to some default name.
After I changed the name back to the original, the miner started to show up in Antpool dashboard and on app. So i quess it was that easy..><

Anyways. thanks for replying!

Regards mining pleb..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: