Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:12:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using BTC, Exodus & Purse.io to save money on Amazon  (Read 89 times)
D-Day_68 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 07:19:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxFE0P3Lm80
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 08:03:39 PM

People do realize that there is a huge number of dodgy sellers on purse.io right? These people use carded gift cards, and then send the products to your house.

Meanwhile, they get your Bitcoin and get away with it Scott-free. Nobody in their right mind would use their Amazon credit for 2/3 of its value when they could sell it on Ebay for 99%, or in a straight swap for BTC for a similar amount.

The only logical solution is that these guys are getting their Amazon gift cards for next to nothing, since they're stolen.
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 04:55:06 AM

People do realize that there is a huge number of dodgy sellers on purse.io right? These people use carded gift cards, and then send the products to your house.

Meanwhile, they get your Bitcoin and get away with it Scott-free. Nobody in their right mind would use their Amazon credit for 2/3 of its value when they could sell it on Ebay for 99%, or in a straight swap for BTC for a similar amount.

The only logical solution is that these guys are getting their Amazon gift cards for next to nothing, since they're stolen.

that is true for the majority of cases
but it is surely not true for all
i used to work on mturk and in a span of time i made $150
as i was not a resident of US
i had to use other alternative to cash out my earnings
for that i received the earned balance in my amazon gift account in the US Amazon
then i used that balance to earn btc via purse and that btc to convert in my local currency via localbitcoins
it took nearly 30% of my balance but the end of the day i had the possession of my earning

if i would have bought products off amazon.com
due to import duty and shipping charges
a simple 32 gb memory card of cost $25 becomes $50 after the duty and shipping
thus getting only 50% of my earnings
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: