Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:00:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cgminer Questions (W7): Access is Denied, Crashes... [bounty 25 WDC]  (Read 809 times)
0nlyBTC (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:31:30 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 09:46:46 AM by 0nlyBTC

I just built a new computer with these specs:

Drivers: Catalyst 13.12
Ram: 8GB
MotherBoard: Asus 990x Sabertooth
CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: Sapphire R9 270x Toxic

cgminer version: 3.7.2

Objective: To run my "miner" optimal (generally safe levels) and mining WDC.

Situation: I decided to use the .bat method instead of the .conf settings for cgminer. I want to mine WDC using wdc.coinmine.pl using my R9 270x Toxic via cgminer (3.7.2). The recommended settings from the pool is here https://www2.coinmine.pl/wdc/index.php?page=gettingstarted.
I create a new .txt file (in the cgminer file) and insert these settings (I do know not correct settings from my GPU) however I inputted these below:

Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://wdc.coinmine.pl:9090 -u 1 -p x --thread-concurrency 16000 --lookup-gap 2 -w 256 -I 20 --temp-target 85 --no-submit-stale -g 1

I obtained these settings from http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/1rcwpj/radeon_270x_cgminer_config/ *I changed the intensity to 16/17/19 with no change in results*

Results: When I save the .txt file to a .bat file > I run the .bat as an administer > cgminer open & crashes immediately upon opening. Cmd says "access is denied."

Next I run the cmd: I drag the .bat file to the cmd window> I get a new window saying "C:\Users\Anon\cgminer.exe is not a valid Win32 Application"

Solution: ?

I have been trying to get cgminer to work for the passed week with no avail. I searched and tried available solutions for forums and tutorials and had nothing. Again I a complete noob at mining. If you can find a solution for my situation complete my objective I'll send you 25 WDC in return.  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: