Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 10:24:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with mining etherrum average hashrate is much lower than current hasrate  (Read 241 times)
xathucoi (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 03:34:06 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2019, 03:45:37 AM by xathucoi

I have 32 computers.Every computer using one 6GB VGA GTX 1060.I'm mining with claymore.But etherrum average hashrate is much lower than current hashrate.
Available current hashrate is ~ 640  MH/s while average hashrate is 300MH/s.Help me!

0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 05:47:29 AM

how long have you been mining?
pool takes 24 to 48 hrs to show proper avg hashrate
if it is been more than that just check the amount of stale of rejected shares rigs are getting
also try changing stratum server of pool
xathucoi (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 10:05:59 AM

how long have you been mining?
pool takes 24 to 48 hrs to show proper avg hashrate
if it is been more than that just check the amount of stale of rejected shares rigs are getting
also try changing stratum server of pool

I'm sorry.I can ask one more question.Current hashrate,average hashrate and reported all over 600 MH/s but Estimated Earnings only 0.02659 ETH.
While another person one only has ~ 400 MH/s.Estimated their Earnings is 0.02511 ETH.I don't understand.

tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1412

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 12:05:25 PM

I'm sorry.I can ask one more question.Current hashrate,average hashrate and reported all over 600 MH/s but Estimated Earnings only 0.02659 ETH.
While another person one only has ~ 400 MH/s.Estimated their Earnings is 0.02511 ETH.I don't understand.

Which pool are you using? I recommend using https://ethermine.org/ I have had many negative experiences with other pools.
xathucoi (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 12:38:06 PM

Which pool are you using? I recommend using https://ethermine.org/ I have had many negative experiences with other pools.

Yes.I using ethermine.org pool asia1.My Estimated Earnings lower everyone.With 650 MH/s.I only 0.02833 ETH daily.
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1412

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 01:24:53 PM

Yes.I using ethermine.org pool asia1.My Estimated Earnings lower everyone.With 650 MH/s.I only 0.02833 ETH daily.

And how is% of Staleshares?
Are these 32 computers being used only for mining or are they simultaneously used for other tasks?
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 03:21:37 PM

So, you're saying that your average hashrate is fixed now? Is it displaying correctly?
Can you share the link for the address with the pool so that we can evaluate the problem?

If you check it on whattomine, you should earn around 0.04 ETH per day with that hash rate.
Also, try changing the pool address to another region.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 05:32:13 PM

OMG did you run 32 computers with gtx 1060? Too much power and you can't make a profit if your Electricity is not free.

And if the average is lower than the current hashrate it means you are not running all 32 computers at the same time as the above said if you use these computers to other task hashrate may drop.

I suggest you collect all 32 GPUs and make a real mining rig not like that you will lose in paying high Electricity bill.

MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 09:25:13 AM

OMG did you run 32 computers with gtx 1060? Too much power and you can't make a profit if your Electricity is not free.

And if the average is lower than the current hashrate it means you are not running all 32 computers at the same time as the above said if you use these computers to other task hashrate may drop.

I suggest you collect all 32 GPUs and make a real mining rig not like that you will lose in paying high Electricity bill.

I think the op is using 32 computers for other purpose and as they may be online for the majority of time for performing other tasks. A background mining may utilize the PC completely and help to gain some more income but as stipulated before that the profitability is in negative when taken into account of electricity prices.
The amount of ETH the op will generate will not be able to cover the cost of excessive electricity consumption and will result in no net profit plus increase the wear of the GPUs.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 04:12:22 AM

My guess is that since he has over 32 different computers all with 1 GPU and its a gaming GPU, he most likely owns some Computer Cafe where people rent the computers for like an hour to browse the web or play computer games. I think in most of North America these Computer Cafe are all gone but in some developing nations they are probably still surviving. So he probably just want to make some profit at night when the cafe is closed.

Like the previous poster has said, its not worth mining with 1 GPU in each PC, due to the power wasted from the motherboard, cpu, ram, hard drive, fans you will waste like 40 watts and you are most likely mining at a loss. However since its a business most likely he keeps the PCs running all night anyways so the power is wasted anyways. Also it depends how much he pays for electricity.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 05:07:04 PM

I think the op is using 32 computers for other purpose and as they may be online for the majority of time for performing other tasks. A background mining may utilize the PC completely and help to gain some more income but as stipulated before that the profitability is in negative when taken into account of electricity prices.
The amount of ETH the op will generate will not be able to cover the cost of excessive electricity consumption and will result in no net profit plus increase the wear of the GPUs.

If he runs a business like a computer shop and run the miner on the background while the customers use their PCs for performing some task I believe this is one of the reason why the hashrate drop and there is no change in Electricity the more the PCs use while mining it will eat more power than only mining so there is no difference.

That is why I recommend him to build a real mining rig so that he can monitor the average hashrate mining unlike they just run the PCs if someone rents it and mining at the background.
miner29

Activity: 1266
Merit: 140

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 04:02:25 PM

From his posts it appears he has a REPORTED hash rate of 650mh but the CURRENT hash rate is less than this. 

I would ask the OP to look at the Blue line showing Current Hash rate on ethermine as this is what the pool sees.  It will vary going from below to slightly above (on my rigs) the reported rate.

As an example i have 2.5gh reported, current is 2.4gh on the pool and my average is 2.4gh.  Stales are 0-26 per hour total for all rigs so 1% or less.  Look at those as they are clues as to whats going on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: