Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:30:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Experience of A Bitcoin User  (Read 1095 times)
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 05:17:21 AM

Hackers and scammers never stops inventing new strategies for stealing from people. But, how you avoid these scammers is still the same ways – stop installing apps from unknown sources, make use of the main app stores whenever you want to install an application.

One thing to add up in here is that, the greatest risk you could have when dealing with applications is upon right after installing it. To be exact, the permissions that we are allowing the application is what makes us be in danger. You know why? Our operating system in desktop or in mobile is actually doing their part to protect us, but let us do our part to keep ourselves secured by just allowing trusted permission request for them to be limited in accessing our information.

Stop opening unsolicited mails, when you see mails from people you don't know, just delete it immediately. And another thing is to avoid giving out information about yourself, because when they lay hands on your information they can as well use it to do something against you. I'm always careful with how I use cryptocurrency because I know that they are not like PayPal, there is no way you can reverse your money, once it's sent, just say bye-bye to it.

There are also cases that hackers are doing spear-phishing, in which they try to target certain individuals for them to hack. One lesson about this is to keep on track of our social media accounts and to limit posting information that might catch the eye of hackers. Use the privacy features provided by the applications.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 05:36:14 AM

It is important to always discuss the security issue. The Internet gives us the opportunity to do great things as also we are exposed to the danger of cybercriminals. Above all, we who use cryptocurrencies must be cautious and follow all recommendations to be sure.
Use a secure wallet, activate 2FA, double-check the address that you are going to use to make a transaction, avoid visiting unreliable websites. Almost never I visit an http website. There are so many recommendations that we must follow and be cautious.

Securities is the first thing to focus if you are keen to go deeper with any investment that you'll going to venture. It's your money that you need to
protect when you are working inside, the market is prone with so many scam attempt good thing that OP shared this article to remind everyone
with this kind of act inside the market, especially those newbies it's needed to focus and take this seriously.
Fatunad

Activity: 2212
Merit: 347

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 03:31:31 PM

Hackers and scammers never stops inventing new strategies for stealing from people. But, how you avoid these scammers is still the same ways – stop installing apps from unknown sources, make use of the main app stores whenever you want to install an application.

One thing to add up in here is that, the greatest risk you could have when dealing with applications is upon right after installing it. To be exact, the permissions that we are allowing the application is what makes us be in danger. You know why? Our operating system in desktop or in mobile is actually doing their part to protect us, but let us do our part to keep ourselves secured by just allowing trusted permission request for them to be limited in accessing our information.

Stop opening unsolicited mails, when you see mails from people you don't know, just delete it immediately. And another thing is to avoid giving out information about yourself, because when they lay hands on your information they can as well use it to do something against you. I'm always careful with how I use cryptocurrency because I know that they are not like PayPal, there is no way you can reverse your money, once it's sent, just say bye-bye to it.

There are also cases that hackers are doing spear-phishing, in which they try to target certain individuals for them to hack. One lesson about this is to keep on track of our social media accounts and to limit posting information that might catch the eye of hackers. Use the privacy features provided by the applications.
I think the better way to avoid getting hack is to never visit or install any untrusted software and websites because even if there is a privacy features if you installed the wrong software "likely planted with some kind of virus" you are still prone to phishing or hack. Or better use a personal computer that doesn't connected to the internet.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 06:27:08 AM

I remember so many applications that are slippery during installation or configuration of the application, like people got used to clicking "Next" when they're trying to install something. Commonly it is an adware from my experience, and it is quite an annoying experience.
Some software also install hidden Bitcoin mining software and you would just notice that it stresses your GPU when you play.

There are some issues with the game league of legends before regarding the mining software attached to the game so when you play, you mine crypto, the only difference is that, you aren't the one gaining money but them.

Going back to the main topic, to secure the best application possible that has its feature regulated is to choose the best downloading platform such as appstore and playstore. Do not use the so called "Black Market" for the sake of having free applications in mobile. The same goes with desktop applications, always verify the site first to secure that what you are trying to download is safe and secured.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 06:47:07 AM

There are some issues with the game league of legends before regarding the mining software attached to the game so when you play, you mine crypto, the only difference is that, you aren't the one gaining money but them.
Really? Are they proven guilty and face their consequences at the same time? Actually I never heard of this controversy before. If this is true then why many players are still hooked in LOL despite of the risk? Well, maybe because it was a really addicting game and gamers don't care because their Predator (or other high end PCs) can do the work Grin.
Going back to the main topic, to secure the best application possible that has its feature regulated is to choose the best downloading platform such as appstore and playstore. Do not use the so called "Black Market" for the sake of having free applications in mobile. The same goes with desktop applications, always verify the site first to secure that what you are trying to download is safe and secured.
Why mind going to the black market you are pertaining about if there already free apk downloading sites or cracked files spread in the surface web Grin? Nonetheless, you are right. Only download using legit stores or buy your own if really meceassry so that at the end your privacy won't be compromised Smiley.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 06:57:35 AM

not new but alot of users still arent aware with it ? then better if we say that the scamming tactic is not really that new  and also i think its better if you can just put some extra details on here and just provide the link at the end if you want to give credits , in that way we users can get the point of the topic without wasting extra time/effort visiting the link  .

you knew most of us are also on a limited data only but back on topic . as a btc user i havent experience to be hacked but that is maybe i follow the guidlines that i read on this forum  . you shall guys too  , dont wait to get hacked before you act securely  .
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 07:06:18 AM

I remember so many applications that are slippery during installation or configuration of the application, like people got used to clicking "Next" when they're trying to install something. Commonly it is an adware from my experience, and it is quite an annoying experience.
Some software also install hidden Bitcoin mining software and you would just notice that it stresses your GPU when you play.

Basically, not installing suspicious apps would deal with this already. Be mindful of whatever you're you're putting on your phone especially if it has potential to gather private info. We also have 2FA already available and for me that's one of the surest ways to make sure that you secure your account. Don't neglect any security measure. There's only so much we can do to secure our accounts on our end.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 07:03:35 PM

This is not really a new scam but not many users are aware of it. On Reddit, it was discussed extensively, please be enlightened  and secure your BTC. https://www.cryptoinfowatch.com/hackers-are-using-clipper-malware-to-steal-bitcoin-from-users/

Most people have never treated their online security as something important because for the most part of their lives they have relied on centralized institutions to protect them, but we know that is not true with bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general, your coins are as secure as you make them to be, and if you install your wallet in the same computer that you use for your everyday life and you have no problem installing software from unknown sources then it is obvious that at some point you're going to lose your money.
elsniper

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 07:08:53 PM

Thanks! I hope that the number of people whose wallets were affected by scammers in crypto will decrease. The more cases of fraud, the worse the reputation of the crypto community.

By the way, people who are just starting to trade in this market and do not do enough research are more susceptible to be scammed.
derdemo

Activity: 115
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 07:43:41 PM

Scammers always find more and more ways to steal our money..Be carefull, guys. Thanks to the people who write these articles for us.
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2019, 07:55:51 PM

This is not really a new scam but not many users are aware of it. On Reddit, it was discussed extensively, please be enlightened  and secure your BTC. https://www.cryptoinfowatch.com/hackers-are-using-clipper-malware-to-steal-bitcoin-from-users/
Hackers and scammers never stop inventing new strategies for stealing from people. But, how you avoid these scammers is still the same ways – stop installing apps from unknown sources, make use of the main app stores whenever you want to install an application.

Stop opening unsolicited mails, when you see emails from people you don't know, just delete it immediately. And another thing is to avoid giving out information about yourself because when they lay hands on your information they can as well use it to do something against you. I'm always careful with how I use cryptocurrency because I know that they are not like PayPal, there is no way you can reverse your money, once it's sent, just say bye-bye to it.
Most people have never treated their online security as something important because for the most part of their lives they have relied on centralized institutions to protect them, but we know that is not true with bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general, your coins are as secure as you make them be, and if you install your wallet in the same computer that you use for your everyday life and you have no problem installing software from unknown sources then it is obvious that at some point you're going to lose your money.

This is also why people do things like forget their coins on exchanges or wallets or lock themselves out of their own wallets losing the keys. People are so used to having some upper power to turn to when things go wrong or as people always do someone to blame for what is going wrong. Without this people may feel powerless. Even more so when susceptible to scams. Bitcoin is so free there is little you can d if you are scammed.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 09:58:09 PM

It is important to always discuss the security issue. The Internet gives us the opportunity to do great things as also we are exposed to the danger of cybercriminals.
Yes, it's also a gate way for those hackers that sees the opportunity to their victims.

Above all, we who use cryptocurrencies must be cautious and follow all recommendations to be sure.
Use a secure wallet, activate 2FA, double-check the address that you are going to use to make a transaction, avoid visiting unreliable websites. Almost never I visit an http website. There are so many recommendations that we must follow and be cautious.
The 2FA part is also a good additional security when you're withdrawing or sending bitcoin to other address. This will delay you a bit so that you have to re-check the address you're about sending those bitcoins. But these malware clipboards are very popular and a simple background or awareness can help the other users that are not aware of it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2002
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 10:04:06 PM

Scammers always find more and more ways to steal our money..Be carefull, guys. Thanks to the people who write these articles for us.

They are disparate to have what they never work for and its painful to see them doing such dark work. The beauty about this techniques is: if the victim look carefully while pasting the bitcoin wallets should be able to figure out what exactly changes, either letters from the letg or right, let's be.more vigilant.

sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 11:48:52 PM

Hackers and scammers never stop inventing new strategies for stealing from people. But, how you avoid these scammers is still the same ways – stop installing apps from unknown sources, make use of the main app stores whenever you want to install an application.

Stop opening unsolicited mails, when you see emails from people you don't know, just delete it immediately. And another thing is to avoid giving out information about yourself because when they lay hands on your information they can as well use it to do something against you. I'm always careful with how I use cryptocurrency because I know that they are not like PayPal, there is no way you can reverse your money, once it's sent, just say bye-bye to it.
Most people have never treated their online security as something important because for the most part of their lives they have relied on centralized institutions to protect them, but we know that is not true with bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general, your coins are as secure as you make them be, and if you install your wallet in the same computer that you use for your everyday life and you have no problem installing software from unknown sources then it is obvious that at some point you're going to lose your money.

This is also why people do things like forget their coins on exchanges or wallets or lock themselves out of their own wallets losing the keys. People are so used to having some upper power to turn to when things go wrong or as people always do someone to blame for what is going wrong. Without this people may feel powerless. Even more so when susceptible to scams. Bitcoin is so free there is little you can d if you are scammed.
MY experience as a bitcoin user is somehow good and somehow bad also because yes I am earning here but also I am being scammed but that scams are not intentionally because the project might fail. Most users of Bitcoin have regret. In my case, it is somehow related. There are continuous dumps that happened and to cut my loss, I sell all of my Bitcoin and converted into Fiat without knowing that it will be able to recover with the backdrops. I sold my Bitcoin when it is priced at 3300 and currently it is priced at 4200 and still increasing. But now, I am planning to again, invest in Bitcoin and would use what I've learned which is to hold during downfalls.
lenovop-70

Activity: 1190
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 03:42:08 AM

Its happened to me last two days ago, fortunately the 2FA saves me, i would like to say thank you for OP share this important information with us, be aware with what you will click, think before act, read it carefully, and i strongly recomend to put 2FA in every account you have.
Or anyone have information that 2FA is not safe anymore ?
Be safe guys, they are getting smart to fool us.
Webberson

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2019, 07:07:46 AM

I believe different individuals have had their own fair share of experience when it comes to being a bitcoin user. There are hackers and scammers devising various means to defraud individuals of their crytocurrency. I just think that bitcoin users should be extremely careful as to how to they go about their investments and transactions.

dadach

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 07:28:30 AM

"Don’t reinstall your OS – switch to Linux."  Grin Grin Grin

or...

make sure you check the beginning, middle and the end of the pasted address...

that said, QR code generator online almost got me once for about 40 USD worth...

To DA Moon!!! donations accepted >.< 38nvHaNqF5nv4ifhUyq9CChnBmRs2DSv4r
cutesgirl

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 07:55:55 AM

Yes! this is a known scam/hack since few years ago but because of the new batch of investors and users coming in and started using crypto, they aren't aware of this but it's good that you have posted this to remind them again.

The quote from the article that says:

“Even if you check part of the pasted Bitcoin address, chances are the first few characters are the same, and you still won’t notice the address was changed.”

Means that everyone should be vigilant and check the pasted address accordingly and just avoid downloading apps that you are not familiar with.

For member account hacked is usually happen because some one have click wrong link send to their email, but how come bigger exchange market can hacked and stole many assets in their wallet, will possible some exchange market have thousand their member can hacked, how come their security team working to keep their exchange data is safety.
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 09:57:19 AM

Cyber defense is not only about spending more and more money on security hardware rather it's about updating our attitude toward technology. Such attacks shouldn't have popped up if we have adopted the attitude of double checking the address ourselves rather than blindly trusting the technology.

kro55

Activity: 1610
Merit: 301

*STOP NOWHERE*

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 10:09:07 AM

Thanks for sharing this article, its informative for all of us.
Spending just few extra minutes before sending coins to any address is the biggest shield against such attacks. As technology goes up, so will be hackers strategies. We need to stay vigilant against new attacks.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀