Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:14:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain Android App store? Throwing an idea into the world. [Rant]  (Read 129 times)
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 01:06:52 PM

Rant: Long story short, I developed a game for android and it had BTC payments in it. It got rejected on the play store because it gave out "crypto" payments which google don't seem to like for some reason. This made me think we don't have a blockchain-based AppStore and Giants like Google can screw over indie developers like me. People don't like to download APKs from a Random URL generally and there is basically no way of verifying the APKs. What I am proposing is an AppStore, based on blockchain, Basically, it will act as Storj but at the same time it will verify app code for malicious "code". I can't develop something like this on my own cuz I am terrible with c++ nor do I have sufficient knowledge of blockchain to pull off something like this. I am just throwing an idea out into the world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 01:16:08 PM

Your idea is a good one and i assume that it shall receive a warm welcome from the crypto community being the first of its kind.

It got rejected on the play store because it gave out "crypto" payments which google don't seem to like for some reason
This statement is not correct because we have so many apps on playstores that offer cryptocoins payment, you should check your app codes for malware, virus and other malicious Trojans.
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 01:31:17 PM

This statement is not correct because we have so many apps on playstores that offer cryptocoins payment, you should check your app codes for malware, virus and other malicious Trojans.

I don't know what's their current policy but it specifically got rejected because it had a faucet system in it. It was made on unity, it didn't require any sorts of permissions etc. I don't have the emails anymore else I would have posted. The game was Dunk4bits. Some users might remember it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4139653.0 It got rejected on the play store that's why I went for a browser version that was my next bet.
tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 01:50:03 PM

I don't know what's their current policy but it specifically got rejected because it had a faucet system in it. It was made on unity, it didn't require any sorts of permissions etc. I don't have the emails anymore else I would have posted. The game was Dunk4bits. Some users might remember it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4139653.0 It got rejected on the play store that's why I went for a browser version that was my next bet.

Try to check the codes carefully and your app shall be accepted.

Example of bitcoin app on playstore is this - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=weekend.bitcoin.free&hl=en
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 02:50:05 PM

They aren't using BTC addresses, they are handling the payments via an email address via Coinbase. Most of these apps do this to get away from Google's policy. Some other ways are to introduce a point system and then convert those points to gift cards etc...

Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 06:43:05 PM

How does the game actually look like? Because I've seen previous rejections before where apps even though they pay out a reward also requires their users to spend some money so these makes it look like a gambling game for Google which for legal purposes isn't allowed. Anyway what you are thinking with a separate app store might be a good idea but the the thing is this will require a lot of resources just to develop a system where your app store eliminates "malicious" softwares, even Google can't do it with their app store.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 07:31:31 PM

How does the game actually look like?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4139653.0

The thread has a few screenshots from the game. It literally had 1 UI page. Where I asked for the BTC address from the user to where the payment should be sent to. There was nothing of Gamblish nature in the game. It was a faucet but in the form of a game. The reason specified in the email was of the payment method in my app. Unfortunately, I no longer have the email I received. I don't have the source code either. I am working on a similar project tho. I will give it a go again but I doubt anything has changed.

Anyway what you are thinking with a separate app store might be a good idea but the the thing is this will require a lot of resources just to develop a system where your app store eliminates "malicious" softwares

True, but I feel like there are solutions to this. One of them is listing what sorts of permission this app requires before installing, just like Google does it. Another could be submitting your code which will then be compiled into an APK on the blockchain, so it will eliminate many of the malicious apps off from the store.
FullBoat

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 07:33:52 PM

hope someone leave the link here when it will be developed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: