Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:01:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Restored electrum to android"no transactions found for this seed" 0.  (Read 984 times)
ryanmnercer (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 10:33:57 AM

Installed on windows, gave it a balance, came back a day later has a balance. So I clicked seed, scanned with android phone... restored to the android phone... shows balance as 0, despite the windows client showing a healthy balance. I've tried switching to every server included in the python script for android and they all show my balance as "0."

So I've removed it a few times, and when I restore it each time it will do 'recovering wallet' then "no transactions found for this seed do you want to keep this wallet?" if I say ok it will then a balance of "0."

I have scoured google (mostly here) and can find people with this issue when restoring on windows, but no one with this issue restoring on android. Any ideas?

EDIT: One of two things fixed it. I put an SD card in the phone and tried entering the words manually instead of the QR code on one attempt... it restored, not sure which (or if both) solved the problem. But now it stands for any who come after me that have a similar issue, it either A. didn't like the QR code (unlikely) or B. didn't like not having an SD card.

Buy peptides with BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 09:21:25 PM

AFAIK Electrum for Android places the wallet file in the external SD card, so it could be the reason you never get the contents written.

What phone and OS are you using? The latest versions of the deprecated or old Android OS have the QR scanner broken, SL4A team don't give a damn about it.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
ryanmnercer (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:45:34 PM

What phone and OS are you using? The latest versions of the deprecated or old Android OS have the QR scanner broken, SL4A team don't give a damn about it.

*shrugs* I switched to mycelium anyway as it seems to have more love for Android. All I care about is having a wallet with me wherever I am, that's why I bought a pay-as-you-go monthly no-contract cheapo android heh. At least this thread will show up in google if anyone else ever has the same issue and they'll see to try adding an SD card.  Smiley

Buy peptides with BTC
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:31:24 AM

There is also a work in progress of an Electrum native version for Android with Kivy

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
chopsticks

Activity: 91

*bamf!* you've just been eaten by a gr00.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 11:44:23 AM

EDIT: One of two things fixed it. I put an SD card in the phone and tried entering the words manually instead of the QR code on one attempt... it restored, not sure which (or if both) solved the problem. But now it stands for any who come after me that have a similar issue, it either A. didn't like the QR code (unlikely) or B. didn't like not having an SD card.

Thanks for the hint!

I already had a SD card in my phone so I tried NOT using the QR code.
Manually entering in the seed (12 words) worked fine.

This space kept free of spammage, scammage, begging and affiliate linking
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: