Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:42:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guy admits it is his job to destroy Bitcoin.  (Read 9117 times)
Mageant (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 09:49:06 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2011, 10:52:22 AM by Mageant

On a recent survey about Bitcoin I found a person who admitted that it's his job to destroy Bitcoin within a team of people, probably to protect the current financial system:

"It's my job to assist in the destruction of the Bitcoin network. Currently we are researching various methods that will be used to attack the network in the near future. Previous attacks have resulted in price drops, but we will not be content until Bitcoin has been driven completely underground to a very small amount of fanatics with no chance of taking off into the main stream financial world."

"I want the network destroyed. It's not personal, this is just a requirement of the project for which I have been assigned to."

What would you like to see in the future of bitcoin in general?
Answer: "More bank account closures on the exchanges"

see more of his answers:
http://www.kwiksurveys.com/results-overview.php?mode=5&survey_ID=OHKDGN_329545e7&session_ID=CKJIGJM_e611c8d

Recently nearly all bank accounts of exchanges in Europe (SEPA-zone) were closed within one week. So this fits with what he says.
Also he admits that one goal is to drive the price down, which is also happening now.

cjgames.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sapp

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 09:54:00 AM

LOL!!!
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 10:01:32 AM

On a recent survey about Bitcoin I found a person who admitted that it's his job to destroy Bitcoin within a team of people, probably to protect the current financial system:

Good!

"[...] we will not be content until Bitcoin has been driven completely underground to a very small amount of fanatics with no chance of taking off into the main stream financial world."

And that's where the feet shooting begins. By limiting the system to the fanatic and well educated (on the system) few, without coming up with a better alternative to the already broken system that got the masses to be going through huge ordeals, what this does in the end is show a viable alternative, a light at the end of the tunnel if you will, to the people that are forced to use a system they don't trust or want.

Microsoft was all about 'embrace and extend' which is actually the only way I see bitcoin be at danger right now. By simply dismissing it or trying to show all that is wrong with it will simply make the system stronger and more reliable... for when the time is right Smiley
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12873

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 10:05:46 AM

He's not doing a very good job if he's letting us know in advance...

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 10:07:40 AM

The more people trying to break bitcoin the better. Anyone who thinks that challenging and hacking protocols is a bad idea, go Wiki "Linux".

Mageant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 10:08:02 AM

Plausible deniability.

cjgames.com
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 10:08:19 AM

Because nobody would ever troll conspiracy theorists...

And why are the stats reading as if he's the only one who's taken the survey?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Mageant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 10:10:43 AM

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog. Or a corporate shill.
https://plus.google.com/101083456815352083930/posts/eqxkZLJmXYw

cjgames.com
Mageant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 10:20:35 AM

Because nobody would ever troll conspiracy theorists...

And why are the stats reading as if he's the only one who's taken the survey?

You can do the entire survey here:
http://www.kwiksurveys.com/?u=BitcoinSurvey

cjgames.com
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 10:39:46 AM

Nice, looks like we have finally got some QA people working on uncovering all the remaining vulnerabilities of the protocol and ecosystem. Surely, bank accounts in the Euro zone were a huge vulnerability as they were exposing us to the scrutiny of government control freaks. Thank you for raising the issue! Let's perform all of the real world banking in tax havens instead of the SEPA zone. That way Bitcoin and tax havens will grow together in a healthy symbiose.
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 10:56:06 AM

Please tell me you are not really that gullible.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 11:01:14 AM

Please tell me you are not really that gullible.

Sssssshhhhhh.  The Masons might hear you.

If you really wanted to destroy confidence in Bitcoin you'd find obscure legislation which allows the user deposits on the exchanges to be seized (there's bound to be some existing piece of legislation which could be tortured to allow this).  It's easy for anyone to claim that they working on attacking Bitcoin through stuff which has already happened.  Let's see how good they are at predicting what will happen next.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 12:13:59 PM

The selling pattern is not that of someone who wants to make money, but of someone who purposefully wants the price of Bitcoin to go down.

Someone who had a lot of Bitcoin that they would want to maximize their profits from would sell at times when people have money in their Dwolla/MtGox accounts that could put money into BTC to buy up their coins.

Instead they do huge sells on Sunday night/Monday morning when people have gone all weekend without having their accounts re-upped with cash.

Someone wanting maximum return would also sell in small quantities in order to avoid panic selling before they can get the maximum amount from their sales.

The person who currently has a $50,000 wall at $2.10 is the person driving the price down.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
P4man

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 12:21:26 PM

You cant drive price down without driving it up first. The idea is ludicrous "lets buy a million bitcoin so we can sell them later and crash the exchange rate ". Yeah that works  Roll Eyes

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 12:38:43 PM

Plausible deniability.

No. It's a double bluff.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 12:56:25 PM

While I individually still believe Bitcoin is yet too small to be taken seriously by the establishment, I do suspect that in the future the stronger Bitcoin becomes, the more will they attempt to discredit and fight it, with all means necessary.

Let's not forget that today's power structures depend on the financial system the way it is today, and that wars have been waged to gain control over a nation's money in order to secure or expand the status quo.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
P4man

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 01:00:12 PM

While I individually still believe Bitcoin is yet too small to be taken seriously by the establishment, I do suspect that in the future the stronger Bitcoin becomes, the more will they attempt to discredit and fight it, with all means necessary.

Probably, but they will use the tools they know best and that have worked so well for them in the past; you know, the tools we elect. Thats the obvious way to undermine bitcoin.

klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 02:06:40 PM

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

Mahatma Gandhi

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 02:14:36 PM

Unfortunately, Gandhi seems to have been wrong with the "winning" part on all too many instances of the past, otherwise we'd already see a much better world today.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 03:16:03 PM

Guys,

What about this:

'Devastating' protocol flaw could paralyze Bitcoin system:
 http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11/15/bitcoin_flaw/ ?

Best,
Thiago
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: