Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:37:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "China's Gold-Backed Crypto Currency Will Blindside US Dollar"  (Read 250 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2019, 11:42:47 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2019, 04:31:22 AM by TECSHARE

The problem with strategy is, China might collapse far quicker than the "other side".

Did you know there were police officers in airports in China who were questioning the outgoing Chinese citizens, stupid shits like "Why are you leaving China?" (like why would anyone leave our beautiful country wtf is wrong with you?)

Would the authority which doesn't want you to leave the country let you move your wealth out of the country freely? Even though this was just an act?

A big NO. The moment they make this possible, every Chinese with a little bit of life savings would want to leave that hell hole. It will just backfire.

Don't get me wrong, China deserves plenty of criticism, and I am not a fan of the CCP, but your all or nothing approach to this situation leaves a lot of room for a lot of what I am describing in between. They don't have to be 100% trustworthy or 100% open for this strategy to work. One thing they are already using is having a domestically used yuan that is heavily restricted and an international yuan which is dedicated toward international use. They could easily adapt that strategy to these scenarios. I think overconfidence in their impending failure is a mistake. They only need to last long enough to pull this off, then their plan would run under its own momentum.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 11:40:00 PM

The problem with strategy is, China might collapse far quicker than the "other side".

Did you know there were police officers in airports in China who were questioning the outgoing Chinese citizens, stupid shits like "Why are you leaving China?" (like why would anyone leave our beautiful country wtf is wrong with you?)

Would the authority which doesn't want you to leave the country let you move your wealth out of the country freely? Even though this was just an act?

A big NO. The moment they make this possible, every Chinese with a little bit of life savings would want to leave that hell hole. It will just backfire.

Don't get me wrong, China deserves plenty of criticism, and I am not a fan of the CCP, but your all or nothing approach to this situation leaves a lot of room for a lot of what I am describing in between. They don't have to be 100% trustworthy or 100% open for this strategy to work. One thing they are already using is having a domestically used Yuan that is heavily restricted and an international Yuan which is dedicated toward international use. They could easily adapt that strategy to these scenarios. I think overconfidence in their impending failure is a mistake. They only need to last long enough to pull this off, then their plan would run under its own momentum.

In the general sense, this is an effort to understand and forecast the abusive use of crypto currencies by governments.

It's definitely something that will happen repeatedly. This particular scheme allegedly by China isn't a game changer.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2019, 04:30:09 AM

In the general sense, this is an effort to understand and forecast the abusive use of crypto currencies by governments.

It's definitely something that will happen repeatedly. This particular scheme allegedly by China isn't a game changer.

The gold/oil backed yuan part is the game changer, crypto is just something that will multiply the effect and speed it up, it is not the linchpin itself.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 04:16:58 AM

gold backed currency?

so one has to trust the chinese bankers, or the american banksters, good luck both is not trustworthy, additionally how is that currency called "chinese" but in reality it is a private enterprise

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: