Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:59:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoin is enough?  (Read 4098 times)
simona25

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2019, 08:09:49 AM

Man is arranged in such a way that there is always not enough money and he strives for more. For each, this limit has its own border. No need to greed and store all the capital in one coin.
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 09:14:52 AM

Accumulate bitcoin as much as we can but make sure that the money that we are going to use is the money that we can afford to lose. Bitcoin investment is good but it is risky which means we can have big rewards and also a big losses. I have bitcoins and I keep trading it because I want to grow my bitcoins. I know the risks and that is why I also be careful when trading, I always have cut loss price to not let my losses reached -10%.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Tramirostronix

Activity: 1078
Merit: 340

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 01:59:45 PM

There is still no way to know how high it can go, or if it'll still even be around within the next decade so just save what you can but not too much that you neglect saving for other investments. And don't be too hard on yourself not achieving that bitcoin goal.

If you were oblivious to btc in its early days like me, then it's understandable if you can't reach it. It only hit 1k around 2013 so it's adopters prior to that that were likely able to get BTC21+.

At current price 80 btc is like 560 000$ if you live in a "cheap country" I can agree it is enough but in countries like France it is impossible.
For example in Paris a regular house (22 square meter) is around 900$/month so 51 years maximum just for the bill ... if you had the rest ...

food for a student is around 300$/month
public transports : 35$/month
electricity + gas etc let's say : 170$/month ..

So in a month you spend like : 1405$...

so 33 years with 80 bitcoin MAXIMUM without working and having fun ...  Embarrassed

More reasons to accumulate bitcoins then. Then you can bring it with you when you move out to move to a cheaper country then just en-cash it there.

Assuming the cost of living don't catch up to Europe by the time you move in, you can probably just save half of the intended amount.

Yes of course but you want to stay in Paris it's another parameters.
For me if you can go to a cheaper country go to one:
-cheaper
-better life quality for you
-a new culture
-you can still go back to your country try if you feel homesick.

After don't go to a place where Bitcoin is forbidden or to a dangerous place  Cheesy

I love XRP. XRP>BTC + DEDICACE A JULIEN le CROISE
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 04:40:13 PM

I think you should never think how much is enough. If you have any opportunity to earn BTC you can earn but implementation is a big thing here. Suppose now you earn 100 BTC but after one month BTC down to 5k and for sudden matter you sell it  and after your selling BTC hit 10k. Then where will go your earnings?

So if you have way to earn BTC you go fowared behind it and time will say how many BTC is enough.
Tramirostronix

Merit: 340

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 05:39:45 PM

I think you should never think how much is enough. If you have any opportunity to earn BTC you can earn but implementation is a big thing here. Suppose now you earn 100 BTC but after one month BTC down to 5k and for sudden matter you sell it  and after your selling BTC hit 10k. Then where will go your earnings?

So if you have way to earn BTC you go fowared behind it and time will say how many BTC is enough.

Yes but if you don't have a final goal it's easier to be victim of greed I think. If you reach your goal you can stop or continue if you are greedy...

I love XRP. XRP>BTC + DEDICACE A JULIEN le CROISE
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 08:02:44 PM

I remember when people used to say having 21 was good, because then you would have 1 millionth of the supply. Now I see people talking about some 6.15 number, which I have no idea why or how anyone came up with that number.
Other guys tell people having 1 bitcoin will be 'enough' in the future, and how long into the future, I do not know.
I recently saw people saying online that 1 bitcoin is not attainable for most people, and they should aim for 0.1 bitcoin, and that sounded crazy to me. Surely if something is so important, you can find a way of getting 1 bitcoin over a year or two?

Do you guys have a certain amount you are aiming for?
Personally I dont have a cap on the amount I want to get. I just keep getting as much bitcoin as I can, when I can. Stacking sats I think the cool kids call it.
I dont think I will ever stop doing this. If I need to liquidate some in order to live and buy things, i'll do that, but i'll always keep trying to replenish what I spend.
Why 21? Because of 21 million supply and took that number as a symbol of that?
Sometimes your aim depends on your probably achievable goal but sometimes it's a huge dream you are fighting for. To be fair non amount is enough because you see a billionaires which do none charity and even try their best to earn more and more, as much as possible and buy a lot of businesses and etc.
To my mind it's amazing if you save 1 bitcoin and don't touch it for years, logically price has to rise as time goes and more and more halving comes so it means maybe current 7K will be 70K in 10 year, who knows?

Yes 21 is just a symbol, a weird one if you don"t know anything about BTC  Cheesy
or bitcoin will die and you lose everything ? Or maybe btc will be 700$ and you will think 1BTC is low and you will buy 10 to have the same value ?
It is not a good price for bitcoin because as much power does bitcoin have so it will never get down to the value if only 700$ infect I think the price Will become so high so we should store huge amounts of bitcoin as much as we can. I know bitcoin falls down but it again recovers and gives us profit so no amount is fixed I just buy as much as I get a chance to buy
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 08:17:05 PM

I get my salary now in BTC so my plan is to just save what I can, spend some in some low cap coins to be able to get More btc, but I don't think putting a specific number on what we should have will really help because people have different needs and cost of living in different places. In one place maybe 2k USD  a month is what you need to live on but in another you could live on 200 bucks a month. It's all relative to demographics I think so everyone will have different targets. Also different age groups want different things out of life and will then plan accordingly. I was hoping to try to get one Bitcoin at least saved this year but it will take time and a lot of effort and commitment and also I would need to get some extra work as well to try to save more. I think one Bitcoin a year for the next five years would be a nice nest egg, but Ideally if you could save a lot more, would be even better.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 01:58:33 AM

A logical answer to that question would be - Money is never enough for anyone. Even the richest man on earth still finds a way of making more wealth. Whatever the price of Bitcoin (whether now or in the nearest future when several halvings would've caused price to jump), no one should relent in accumulating more Bitcoin if they know how to.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2019, 04:28:06 AM

A logical answer to that question would be - Money is never enough for anyone. Even the richest man on earth still finds a way of making more wealth. Whatever the price of Bitcoin (whether now or in the nearest future when several halvings would've caused price to jump), no one should relent in accumulating more Bitcoin if they know how to.

But to set a goal, it is quite possible. There are people who knows and are contented to reach their achievement. It is not necessary to always save much money and invest too much, we all know people have needs to, and setting up a goal for them to achieve is one way of making their goal possible. For example if a person wants to save for a house then he will then try to set a goal of 10 BTC, with that, after he reached his goal, he could totally stop investing more and just wait for it to double or even triple. They might end up spending future bitcoins that they could earn just like budgeting our daily allowances and money.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 04:43:04 AM

But to set a goal, it is quite possible. There are people who knows and are contented to reach their achievement. It is not necessary to always save much money and invest too much, we all know people have needs to, and setting up a goal for them to achieve is one way of making their goal possible. For example if a person wants to save for a house then he will then try to set a goal of 10 BTC, with that, after he reached his goal, he could totally stop investing more and just wait for it to double or even triple. They might end up spending future bitcoins that they could earn just like budgeting our daily allowances and money.
You are right but it is more comfortable to have a lot of money to spend rather than living on a tight budget. I would suggest once you achieve your goal of bitcoin then you should diversify, cash out some of your money there and put it into other investments that can give you a good amount of revenue to slowly increase your cash flow which will make your life more comfortable.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 07:11:29 AM

snip
After don't go to a place where Bitcoin is forbidden or to a dangerous place  Cheesy

Plenty of countries in Asia with low cost of living where Bitcoins are legal. I think those from Western Europe can also just move to Central or Eastern Europe if they don't like to go too far away or want to feel still safe. Both should allow you to stretch whatever BTC you saved.
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 07:38:40 AM

Indeed, when it comes to money usually people has no contentment. If you dont do something to accumulate and just stop, there's a chance you will slowly lose it for spending and for other needs.

So as long as you can keep earning btc then keep doing it because we cant specifically say how much is enough. Plus the volatility can make the value fluctuates it goes up and down unless you chose to sell and save your earnings in bank.

cosmofly

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 05:16:40 AM

Personally I dont have a cap on the amount I want to get. I just keep getting as much bitcoin as I can, when I can. Stacking sats I think the cool kids call it.
I dont think I will ever stop doing this. If I need to liquidate some in order to live and buy things, i'll do that, but i'll always keep trying to replenish what I spend.

I will aim to earn 10 bitcoins in the coming years by trading. and for sure I will hold it for the next 5 years, I believe that the parabola curve of Bitcoin's future price will be effective. Bitcoin's price after halving in 2021 will soon reach $ 60k. I have always believed in shark manipulation strategies, so this is a good time for us to accumulate more bitcoins and push the market higher.

styca

Merit: 354

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 07:07:34 AM

The important point I think is not how much bitcoin you think is enough (because more is always better), it's the fact that despite the lengthy bear market, and the big price drops we;ve seen since late 2017, everyone still seems to want more. The consensus is that bitcoin has a very strong future, and this position is so strong that it isn't really in question. That for me is the important point - that we all think that bitcoin will continue to grow in both value and importance.
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 07:58:53 AM

Indeed, when it comes to money usually people has no contentment. If you dont do something to accumulate and just stop, there's a chance you will slowly lose it for spending and for other needs.

So as long as you can keep earning btc then keep doing it because we cant specifically say how much is enough. Plus the volatility can make the value fluctuates it goes up and down unless you chose to sell and save your earnings in bank.
As far as bitcoin is concerned, you are absolutely right in this regard that we shall keep buying bitcoin whenever get chance because this coin even in dumps is not available for everyone to purchase. Even in dumps, bitcoin is damn expensive. Plus with the growing love for luxuries and increase in technology rather advancement, one needs a lot of money to meet all needs and desires.
Mr. Green

Activity: 168

I learnt about experts they're experts on fuck all

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 08:03:04 AM

I will aim to earn 10 bitcoins in the coming years by trading. and for sure I will hold it for the next 5 years, I believe that the parabola curve of Bitcoin's future price will be effective. Bitcoin's price after halving in 2021 will soon reach $ 60k. I have always believed in shark manipulation strategies, so this is a good time for us to accumulate more bitcoins and push the market higher.

I agree. 10 btc should be your target if you already haven't got more than that. If you can get even more than 10btc, it is even better but aim for 10. Sooner or later btc will make a x10 jump. You don't want to miss that chance.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 09:02:12 PM

It seems to me a meaningless question, it is like asking how much money is "enough".
Money is a tool for doing things: if you want to do great things, you obviously need capital proportionate to your ambitions. If you only want economic security, it depends much more on your ability to manage the money than on the quantity.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
jameshugo17

Activity: 721

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 03:26:39 PM

If I had 100 Bitcoins, I'd probably be more comfortable with my future. Because you can invest both with 100 Bitcoin. And now you can streamline your life. Bitcoin is the key to many people's dreams. But not everyone will make a lot of money.
kotik085

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2019, 03:07:09 PM

I did not wonder how much I will have bitcoins. For me, there is a component that investing in bitcoin makes rewards, thereby increasing capital.
iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1174

View Profile
December 24, 2019, 03:27:05 PM

I did not wonder how much I will have bitcoins. For me, there is a component that investing in bitcoin makes rewards, thereby increasing capital.

If you continue with the same logic, more bitcoins will bring more reward in the end. And with what reward would you be satisfied? Question is about that, how much bitcoin will be enough for you to stop working for them and just wait for the price rise.
Some say just couple will be enough due limited supply of bitcoins just 21 minus lost one. But probably the more you have, higher reward will be when price rise and for sure that will be enough to satisfy you.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀