Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:24:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoin is enough?  (Read 4098 times)
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 07:38:06 AM

I don’t have the time for what people has to say, I know that this bitcoin investment is a risky thing so I just buy what I can afford. People don’t rule my life Cool. When I was a newbie I just invested a bit and when I gained some profit, I used it in my business and the profit that came out doubled and I was increase my next Investment in Bitcoin. That’s how it kept going till I was able to buy up to 1 Bitcoin, and next 2 and just like that, and I strongly believe that as time goes on I will reach a level where I can be able to buy lots of bitcoin and not get worried about price falling. I always check my pocket before investing because Bitcoin is not the only place my money goes to, I have a business, family and more other things.

I divide my money into emergency funds, savings, investment, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 08:44:33 AM

I don’t have the time for what people has to say, I know that this bitcoin investment is a risky thing so I just buy what I can afford... That’s how it kept going till I was able to buy up to 1 Bitcoin, and next 2 and just like that... I will reach a level where I can be able to buy lots of bitcoin and not get worried about price falling. I always check my pocket before investing because Bitcoin is not the only place my money goes to, I have a business, family and more other things.

I just had to highlight the wisdom here:

1. Knowing that bitcoin and crypto investment are generally high-yield and high-risk investments is very important to anyone at any stage - whether a newbie or a savvy investor or an experienced trader. The key is to not get carried away and put all eggs in one basket (that's borderline greed). And then comes the next point;
2. Buy what you can afford, don't risk it all, and if you must buy more, consider cost-averaging your portfolio.
3. Only invest what you can lose. Now, this is very important and yet tricky, Get out capital, reinvest ROI, save up from future ROIs and compound interest - these sound like very interesting strategies, if you know how to use them well.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 09:01:39 AM

Their is no exact figure as every one has their own need and demand to have it . More you have better it is as in future as you said if prices rose to 50k you may become millionaire or even billionaire if you hold some decent quantity of it . Also your kids can enjoy the luxury of life .

you said the price of bitcoin can rose to 50k usd ?  i believe on it and that is possible , thats why i dont need too much bitcoin because having too much of bitcoin is verry hard for me to achieved.

for i  can only accumulate 2 or more bitcoins per 2 years based on my calculations when i look at my transactions on the past two years ago via blockchain explorer.
bitzizzix

Activity: 2380
Merit: 448

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 10:24:09 AM

It will never be enough to have bitcoin because everyone is racing to collect bitcoin in any way, because they know that in the future bitcoin will be far more profitable.
and I personally always try to buy bitoin in small amounts incrementally from the rest of my salary that I have budgeted after meeting my needs, and I will continue to do so as long as I can afford unlimited bitcoin and for the future of my family later.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 11:00:12 AM

I remember when people used to say having 21 was good, because then you would have 1 millionth of the supply. Now I see people talking about some 6.15 number, which I have no idea why or how anyone came up with that number.
Other guys tell people having 1 bitcoin will be 'enough' in the future, and how long into the future, I do not know.
I recently saw people saying online that 1 bitcoin is not attainable for most people, and they should aim for 0.1 bitcoin, and that sounded crazy to me. Surely if something is so important, you can find a way of getting 1 bitcoin over a year or two?

Do you guys have a certain amount you are aiming for?
Personally I dont have a cap on the amount I want to get. I just keep getting as much bitcoin as I can, when I can. Stacking sats I think the cool kids call it.
I dont think I will ever stop doing this. If I need to liquidate some in order to live and buy things, i'll do that, but i'll always keep trying to replenish what I spend.
How many Bitcoin have you acquired now and how do you get you acquire them if you may wish to let me know please. My aim is to get a thousand Bitcoin in the next three to five years to come.
If you have a source of income then that would be a great start for you in acquiring bitcoins. Your next step probably is to develop skills in either investing or trading. Investing is safer because you don't need to deal with the volatility but you need to pay attention to the stage of doing research to just find a good investment for long term. From that, you should see growth in your portfolio and you will be on your way towards thousand bitcoins.
Investing into products that appear good for long term investment is a nice method of generating some decent revenue for purchasing bitcoin but that is a slow process. If you want to get hands on bitcoin faster, it would be great to learn trading and that too day trading in order to have continuous source of income. 1000 bitcoin is such an enormous number that could put you among millionaires of the world easily.
It is true that it is a slow process but it is safer than trading. If you know how to trade very well and if you can stay profitable in day trading for such a long time then I think that it would be a better option for you to stick with that. I am only suggesting a way of making bitcoins in a lot safer way.
I think we can do both investment and daily trading. in daily trading the greater the risk because it requires skill and strong psychological. different from investment, where we don't have to look at the market all the time. therefore learning daily trading can also be preceded by learning and of course with a smaller portion of capital than investment

Well if you want to invest your money and you want to trade daily then both are not good to do together that’s why Better choose one. I think it is good to trade long term and invest long term because it’s safe and you will not get disturbed with market changes. So if you have money buy bitcoin and collect mostly in a bearish market.
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 11:43:25 AM

It is same as saying how much money you want. There is no stop to greed as even you achieve your target then also you will think of getting more. Aim for certain target that is sufficient for good life rather than aiming for luxurious life.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 12:33:01 PM

As a part of this community, I'm aware that all of us have unlimited desires. So the answer is subjective because it is really depends on what type of personality that we have. I invested the money that I can afford to lose in bitcoin. I simply invested the money that even if I lose it, I will still say for me that it is okay because my I'm prepared to the consequences. The risks are high but I keep acquiring bitcoin because of its potential in the cryptocurrency market.
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 01:07:44 PM

It is same as saying how much money you want. There is no stop to greed as even you achieve your target then also you will think of getting more. Aim for certain target that is sufficient for good life rather than aiming for luxurious life.

Well, that is not entirely the same. Here you can buy a static percentage of a full blown asset/currency while saving an amount of money is arbitrary and moving up all the time. Remember when someone with a million dollar was actually really rich just 20 years ago. Now that is basically just the needed regular amount for a middle class life.

Years ago I told everyone 10 Btc is a nice goal. Now this is not achievable anymore, so I recommend just 1. Smiley
judaspriest

Activity: 1330
Merit: 100

C O M B O

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 03:07:13 PM

I myself do not have a target, working here is the same as working in the real world,
Bitcoin has given me life and food, of course there will be no end to finding Bitcoin

Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 03:21:13 PM

I myself do not have a target, working here is the same as working in the real world,
Bitcoin has given me life and food, of course there will be no end to finding Bitcoin

yes its true that earning bitcoin is same as earning from any kind of job, and we all know that a job is not for only short period f time, it is until for the retirement. i also do not have a specific target for bitcoin, i will earn it as much as i can do because it is my full time job and i could not quit it.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 03:37:19 PM

It is same as saying how much money you want.

It's more about how much money you have.

People should stop looking at Bitcoin as a get rich scheme but rather as a safe harbor for your money. If you have 100k on the side, put at least half of it in Bitcoin. If you have 10 million, do the same. If you're poor, even 1k will have an impact on your future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Captain Corporate

Activity: 1974
Merit: 575

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2020, 03:39:37 PM

It depends on what you want to do with the money. I personally would be sufficient with just couple of bitcoins because that would allow me to get out of debt decently and still have a bit of money aside and just continue living a decent life. Sure I wouldn't be rich, sure I would still work pay check to pay check, but at least I would be out of debt and have a bit at the side in emergency situations so that would help me not to be worried about money all the time.

However where I live there are tons of poor people, and I know them very well myself, If I had hundreds of bitcoins, I would be capable of building an organization that helps out those people, now I know we need billions of dollars, maybe even over a trillion to help all poor people but if I was given the chance and the money and the time (time equals money for people like me who has to work to make money so I would need money to work on the poor as well), I would love to help the poor people around me first, if every rich person helped the poor people around them, there wouldn't be any poor people left in the world. So that would require a lot more money.

If you want to live a comfortable life without working, even if you are in the richest nation in the world and living in the most expensive place, anything over 100 bitcoin would give you just luxury, for 100 bitcoin you can live a whole life without ever working, the trouble is with people who want over 100 bitcoin to have a luxurius life and not a standart life because they are greedy.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 03:13:55 PM

...Stacking sats I think the cool kids call it.
I dont think I will ever stop doing this. If I need to liquidate some in order to live and buy things, i'll do that, but i'll always keep trying to replenish what I spend.

Having a set goal of how much Bitcoin to own isn't really realistic, except it pushes you further to own more. If you want to only have 1 Bitcoin, I doubt you'd be able to stick to just that one. But imho, st least have 1 Bitcoin, so if the price someday hits any of the outrageous speculations, you'd be in good company. Besides, scarcity will help you make it to the rich list with at least 1 Bitcoin. Quite a cool ring to it.
As you said, we cannot put limit to the number of bitcoin one shall have because the more you have, the richer you are. The limit is basically put by other factors automatically such as your investment; your trading capabilities etc. because it is not always possible to purchase one bitcoin directly with cash. I am in agreement that the minimum one shall have should be 1 bitcoin so that he can enjoy profits at peak.

Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 03:29:20 PM

Having a set goal of how much Bitcoin to own isn't really realistic, except it pushes you further to own more. If you want to only have 1 Bitcoin, I doubt you'd be able to stick to just that one. But imho, st least have 1 Bitcoin, so if the price someday hits any of the outrageous speculations, you'd be in good company. Besides, scarcity will help you make it to the rich list with at least 1 Bitcoin. Quite a cool ring to it.
As you said, we cannot put limit to the number of bitcoin one shall have because the more you have, the richer you are. The limit is basically put by other factors automatically such as your investment; your trading capabilities etc. because it is not always possible to purchase one bitcoin directly with cash. I am in agreement that the minimum one shall have should be 1 bitcoin so that he can enjoy profits at peak.
Very well said. Actually when it comes to investing any cryptocurrency there is no limit. You can invest as much as you want as long as you still have money for investment and also you still have your trust to a particular campaign or forum. I must suggest that you should start in a small amount first when you dont have any proof of earnings in order for you to avoid regrets when the campaign didnt become successful.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 03:46:50 PM

I do want to store like 1 Bitcoin but unfortunately it goes like earning and spending so it actually doesn't do much , since due to the university rules we aren't allowed to work so that prevents me from doing any part time job or so , therefore I think when I would be old enough to earn money it would be great and would like to save at least 1 Bitcoin .
I don't think I would invest more than that because you know , how it works it's super unpredictable , rest all goes to the bank.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Kimonoe

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 04:56:52 PM

Very well said. Actually when it comes to investing any cryptocurrency there is no limit. You can invest as much as you want as long as you still have money for investment and also you still have your trust to a particular campaign or forum. I must suggest that you should start in a small amount first when you dont have any proof of earnings in order for you to avoid regrets when the campaign didnt become successful.
right, the number of bitcoin investments is infinite, but we must remember, not to borrow money in the bank to invest in bitcoin, because it has high fluctuations, so it is high risk as well, especially for beginners will certainly drain our psychology and panic sell when loss

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
carlzec

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 07:43:01 PM

I think having 100 bitcoins is enough. You might ask why this number. Bitcoin has increased these prices in 10 years. I think that 10 years later, it could increase 10 times its price. In this case 100 bitcoin would be enough in my opinion.
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 01:43:36 PM

Keep accumulating if you can. Only spend what you can. BTC is still undervalued so far and a lot still believe with it's potential, but it hasn't really reached the point where people need to own one. Currently, the system of fiat is still ongoing and even though economic problems are going off here and there like how the global debt has increased by so much, the fiat still goes on. You can take it as the world is letting BTC develop and grow slowly so that once it takes the stage, the world would be able to use it much more efficiently compared to Fiat.
In our society, we need to be wise in our decisions. We should think very carefully before we take our actions. We should keep our money instead of losing it and use it in such a very unimportant matters and things. Spend what you will need and what we should think migjt be helpful in our everyday living.
I think having 100 bitcoins is enough. You might ask why this number. Bitcoin has increased these prices in 10 years. I think that 10 years later, it could increase 10 times its price. In this case 100 bitcoin would be enough in my opinion.
Number does not matter anyway for me because as long as you earn money, you can still have a chance to have it but be careful on how you will spend and use it. Have a plenty of bitcoin is good but for me, atleast i have some for my everyday financial and everyday living, it is better for me.

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2020, 02:09:27 PM

Just like any other asset, dollar cost averaging into Bitcoin, or any crypto currency for that matter is the safest way to go. Ride the highs, ride the lows, remove the stress.

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 02:14:35 PM

I had a good start in 2018. The bitcoin price had remained constant for some time. I chose the right altcoin and made a good profit. It makes sense to make an investment as a bitcoin. However, for big gains, subcoin investment can also be made. I think 80 Bitcoin and 100 Ethereum are a good plan.

No sane normal person is able to get over 20 Bitcoin anymore. To reach 80 Bitcoin in a healthy wide-spreaded portfolio is impossible if you give crypto a maximum of 5%. However it is always a good idea to invest a small part of your wealth into a rising asset class like Bitcoin.

But I'm probably not the best one to talk about such a topic when I'm already fully invested in crypto ^^ Hodl and life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: