Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:20:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this right or even legal.  (Read 427 times)
ashapasa (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:07:02 AM

I have very mixed feeling about country coins, We all know its pump and dump and yet some poor idiots still buys. My friend wanted to buy spain coin when he saw the price was $2.30-.40 in coinmarketcap. I asked him not to invest in this obvious bubble, sure enough look at the price now Sad.

I can simply mine these worthless coins and sell at a profit due to the hype, but now this whole game makes me feel dirty.  How many of us in real life cheat people out of their money, cus this is what we are basically doing from behind a computer screen.

I am deciding to no longer trade hype in hopes of finding the bigger fool. Just going to mine the coins i truly believe in. Call me sanctimonious or a hypocrite but I don't feel  good about what I am doing right now. Cry

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:11:22 AM

the only country coin u need to know about is Chinacoin all country coins will go the way of Chinacoin.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:30:32 AM

Although I think that there are definitely cases to answer, regulators seem happy at the moment to issue blanket warnings about potential fraud.  If crypto becomes more popular it is my hope that we will see the Securities and Exchange Commission or similar stepping in to weed out the worst offenders. There was a fairly recent case that bears a remarkable similarity to the type of fraud that goes on here on a daily basis.

http://www.sec.gov/News/PressRelease/Detail/PressRelease/1365171488552#.UygsUseFOzM

Note the offenders were 16, did this over the Internet and resided in a foreign country.  They probably thought one or more of these factors protected them.  I don't actually know the outcome of this case, they are probably still trying to extradite or have made a deal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: