Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: URGENT: MTGOX creditors need assistance - Looking for Russian Speakers  (Read 423 times)
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 06:59:09 PM

Russia doesn’t have any real rule of law and there is lots of corruption throughout the government including the court system.

If you have money stolen from you that ended up in Russia, I would consider it lost. The law firm in question may be taking such a hefty fee because they need to pay kickbacks to government officials.

In any case, the amounts being asked for far exceed normal contingency fees charged by western lawyers. 

in their released QA, i'll link in a bit they say they would not be bribing anyone and make "guarantees" everything is above the board --- rolls eyes
If you are in concurrence that government officials will be bribed to recover the money, I am not sure why you are promoting this law firm...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justagox (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 07:12:20 PM

Russia doesn’t have any real rule of law and there is lots of corruption throughout the government including the court system.

If you have money stolen from you that ended up in Russia, I would consider it lost. The law firm in question may be taking such a hefty fee because they need to pay kickbacks to government officials.

In any case, the amounts being asked for far exceed normal contingency fees charged by western lawyers. 

in their released QA, i'll link in a bit they say they would not be bribing anyone and make "guarantees" everything is above the board --- rolls eyes
If you are in concurrence that government officials will be bribed to recover the money, I am not sure why you are promoting this law firm...

look at my original post and see if I am promoting them or not. Also, I welcome suggestions about OTHER law firms. I am doing due diligence and personally against the deal and will not be signing on in it's current form
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 07:13:08 PM

Hey, if it gets a result then why not? I'd be amazed if it does but I get the impression that in Russia you need to murder three people and pay off four or five others just to get your hands on a quality roll of toilet paper.  
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 12:51:48 AM

Hey, if it gets a result then why not? I'd be amazed if it does but I get the impression that in Russia you need to murder three people and pay off four or five others just to get your hands on a quality roll of toilet paper.  

With the amount of money involved, (if it's not a scam, and it probably is) there might not be another way, everyone wants their cut.

Signature space available for rent.
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 02:03:59 AM

Hey, if it gets a result then why not?
For starters, bribing (foreign) government officials is both unethical and illegal in much of the world.

There is also the issue that if government officials are being bribed to take money from one person to give to you, the money may not actually belong to you, but rather, it could be that it just so happen that the person who the government is taking money from just so happens to have a lot of money.

I do think it appears the OP is promoting the law firm's offer by his activity in this thread.

justagox (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 04:58:18 AM

Hey, if it gets a result then why not?
For starters, bribing (foreign) government officials is both unethical and illegal in much of the world.

There is also the issue that if government officials are being bribed to take money from one person to give to you, the money may not actually belong to you, but rather, it could be that it just so happen that the person who the government is taking money from just so happens to have a lot of money.

I do think it appears the OP is promoting the law firm's offer by his activity in this thread.

No offense, but I think your comprehension skills suck. Discussing an event that came up and trying to get more information appears to mean promotion to you. Anyways, I'd hope you have more to contribute than dumb accusations about me
justagox (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 05:16:49 AM

Here is the revised proposal in detail, this is version 2.0, the 1st one was just the engagement agreement
https://www.docdroid.net/cyWpPDT/zp-and-mt-gox-proposal-qa-and-ea-12sep19.pdf
justagox (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 02:10:12 AM
Merited by malevolent (1)

deadline passed. About 15,000 bitcoin worth of claims were signed up with the law firm.
There is strong suspicion it may be a play to get Vinnik extradited to Russia, based on creditor's damages files with Greece.
People are watching news related to Vinnik, Vasilev and the btce/wex admin hiding in Siberia.
Trustee will provide some insight on Oct 1st
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 02:23:07 AM

There is strong suspicion it may be a play to get Vinnik extradited to Russia, based on creditor's damages files with Greece.

Like a missing piece of a puzzle, other than a potential money grab or a scam, this one could be the reason why this proposal/firm is still being shilled for more than a day or two since their first announcement.

Signature space available for rent.
justagox (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 03:17:08 AM

Like a missing piece of a puzzle, other than a potential money grab or a scam, this one could be the reason why this proposal/firm is still being shilled for more than a day or two since their first announcement.

Here is a coindesk article from yesterday?
https://www.coindesk.com/for-desperate-mt-gox-victims-long-shot-bitcoin-deal-beats-endless-wait

several other law firms were contacted and were not interested in dealing with looking into this matter.
Unfortunately, there is no one in Russia to take lead on this situation.
justagox (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 03:45:23 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-trustee-asked-doj-to-share-info-on-jailed-btc-e-owner-alexander-vinnik
justagox (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 07:10:20 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/criminal-case-against-failed-wex-exchange-points-at-russian-law-enforcement
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: