Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:28:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Interacting with fiat institutions [such as the SEC], a guide  (Read 9734 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:09:46 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

Quoth MP:

Bitcoin is a sovereign. Accepting this matter of fact is a sine qua non prerequisite for playing. No exceptions.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:49:01 PM

Great, so SatoshiDICE, its shareholders, MPEx and Erik Voorhees are all under investigation by the SEC.

Look forward to seeing how long you can hold them off. Smiley

khersonus

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:30:44 PM

This is actually quite awesome.

If MP can fend them off, it'll be a huge deal for bitcoin.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:22:04 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 11:32:43 PM by QuestionAuthority

Well, well Erik. I had you pegged as a profiteer, crook and a runner long ago but just didn't know who you were running from. Now I know. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82866.msg5740237#msg5740237

Don't drop the soap sweetie.

From Reddit: SatoshiDice Announcement!

[–]CBHash -2 points 10 months ago

This is more like an "oops I didn't know what the law was" rush to save my ass response than a real effort to be compliant. Do you mean you "just" sought the advice of council after running one of the most heavily regulated business types on the planet for a year? Yeah, tell it to the judge Bugsy Siegel!

save
edit
delete

[–]evoorhees 5 points 10 months ago

Actually I've been consulting with three lawyers since early December, but thanks for being a snarky asshole.

save
parent
give gold

[–]CBHash -2 points 10 months ago*

Yeah well you didn't open in December! So what tipped you off that you might want to consult with a legal representative? By the way most professionals get legal advise before they open an international business, not after. And calling me an asshole won't keep you safe but it might make others realize that you are nothing but a profiteer spamming the blockchain.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:20:39 AM

Quoth MP:

Bitcoin is a sovereign. Accepting this matter of fact is a sine qua non prerequisite for playing. No exceptions.

Title should be changed to cringe-worthy interaction with financial institutions.

Its about time mpex gets slammed by the SEC.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:27:50 AM

Quoth MP:

straight out of my playbook, though my institution is in charge, maybe one day it will pass on to individuals

but that will be well after banks are gone

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:42:28 AM

Quoth MP:

Title should be changed to cringe-worthy interaction with financial institutions.

Wow...what a dick thing to say. Welcome to my personal ignore-land. The SEC hardly seems to be "slamming" them. Looks more like they got told to fuck off if this was indeed the actual exchange of email.

I'm grumpy!!
jimmothy

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:02:08 AM

Quoth MP:

Wow...what a dick thing to say. Welcome to my personal ignore-land. The SEC hardly seems to be "slamming" them. Looks more like they got told to fuck off if this was indeed the actual exchange of email.

Care to elaborate as to how many times telling the SEC to "fuck off" worked out for the people being investigated?

Fact is mpex is a highly illegal unregistered exchange selling unregistered securities.

Fact is mpex is a pyramid scheme (recruiting someone to pay 30btc registration fee earns you 10btc)

And now that there is no trading of options/futures/stocks other than mpex own stock which profits are entirely derived from recruitment of new investors makes it literally a ponzi.
MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:13:19 AM

What a fascinating exchange of emails. Seriously. I think Mircea Popescu handled it—on many levels—perfectly.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:19:38 AM

What a fascinating exchange of emails. Seriously. I think Mircea Popescu handled it—on many levels—perfectly.

LOL i would love to take her out and ..... fck her brain off. What a bitch!
 Grin
MarketNeutral

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:25:40 AM

LOL i would love to take her out and ..... fck her brain off. What a bitch!
 Grin

Calm down. Maybe try 'no fap or 'vipassana meditation.'

Or google image search.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:38:59 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 02:14:43 AM by AnonyMint

Quoth MP:

Please tell me why the next G20 meeting can't address this email exchange as a serious threat to their collective authority and resolve to make necessary decrees from the EU to provide the necessary legal authority to prosecute MPOE.

Also MPOE you are taking a huge personal risk here. You better not have the slightest mistake as they might find it easier to take you down with a trumped up charge.

If all else fails, a fiery car accident.

I admire people with balls but combined with some basic common sense. It does me no good to associate with people who are so careless so as to actively seek their own destruction.

You seem to feel very indignant about this and have the sort of Paul Revere attitude of "give me liberty or give me death".

I just think there are much smarter ways of fighting than out in the open. The quality of ones weapons and strategy determines if they are the victor, not the quality of resolve alone.

The Apaches were never defeated because they didn't fight in the open:

http://www.starfishandspider.com/preview/02.html

I think you would have been much better served to have replied that you need to be legally indemnified before releasing private data. That is all you needed to say. You talk too much. Although you are articulate, you are clearly not an attorney and you should hire one immediately and STFU.

Note I was banned from tortilla's new forum cryptocrypt.org for essentially stating the prior paragraph.

Edit: essentially you are doing political grandstanding. You can't beat society at its own game. Politics is not the successful strategy.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
electerium

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:14:03 AM

vorhees never actually sold SD.

if he did, the site would still be running.

he sold it to cover his ass because he was making a boatload of USD and that he was running something that was illegal.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:23:25 AM

Please tell me why the next G20 meeting can't address this email exchange as a serious threat to their collective authority and resolve to make necessary decrees from the EU to provide the necessary legal authority to prosecute MPOE.

Also MPOE you are taking a huge personal risk here. You better not have the slightest mistake as they might find it easier to take you down with a trumped up charge.

If all else fails, a fiery car accident.

I admire people with balls but combined with some basic common sense. It does me no good to associate with people who are so careless so as to actively seek their own destruction.

You seem to feel very indignant about this and have the sort of Paul Revere attitude of "give me liberty or give me death".

I just think there are much smarter ways of fighting than out in the open. The quality of ones weapons and strategy determines if they are the victor, not the quality of resolve alone.

The Apaches were never defeated because they didn't fight in the open:

http://www.starfishandspider.com/preview/02.html

I think you would have been much better served to have replied that you need to be legally indemnified before releasing private data. That is all you needed to say. You talk too much. Although you are articulate, you are clearly not an attorney and you should hire one immediately and STFU.

Note I was banned from tortilla's new forum cryptocrypt.org for essentially stating the prior paragraph.

Edit: essentially you are doing political grandstanding. You can't beat society at its own game. Politics is not the successful strategy.

Dude, you're all over the place. Apaches, G20, fiery car accidents, you sound like a B movie. Which, incidentally, is why all the portentous Internet typing you do fails to matter in any sense.

Anyway, instructive contrast between the 2011 accounts and the last week accounts this thread displays.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MarketNeutral

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:04:03 PM

Classic 'cui bono?'

The SEC ostensibly protects against this or that financial threat—and I'm sure they actually believe and mean well per their directives and directors—yet in practice their results speak for themselves, and they don't speak of virtue. I would never dismiss their good work, but to dismiss the vast majority of their work is folly. It doesn't take a 'rocket surgeon' to observe their intentions. They've well mastered the master/slave dichotomy, and it seems they're also mastering hubris.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:05:09 PM

MPOE-PR you are (your paradigm or modus operandi is) a dinosaur so of course you would view information about your imminent demise as noise.

I say this not as a casual observer, rather an active implementer.

MP's back yard is full of you idiots. Here:

[17:55:38] shareholder2 you don’t stand a chance against mpex
[17:55:41] shareholder3_ makes sense
[17:55:44] shareholder2 with its low overhead
[17:56:01] da2ce796 shareholder2 we will be competing in a completely differnt market to mpex
[17:56:04] shareholder2 IF it is even possible to do legally
[17:56:07] shareholder4 shareholder2: actually it’a dofferent target
[17:56:19] shareholder4 if it’s not wishful thinking
[17:56:20] da2ce796 as in, mpex will stop being our compittion.
[17:56:26] shareholder1 mpex will be classified as money launderers and terrorists

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 08:42:42 PM

The SEC is doing what it's supposed to be doing - investigating stock trading of unregistered investments.

MPEx, "The Bitcoin Securities Exchange" is the problem. It doesn't matter what the stocks are denominated in. They're still investments. People have tried to get around this before. One scheme paid off in oranges. It was still a security.

Remember GBLSE? Any questions?
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:19:02 PM

The SEC is doing what it's supposed to be doing - investigating stock trading of unregistered investments.

MPEx, "The Bitcoin Securities Exchange" is the problem. It doesn't matter what the stocks are denominated in. They're still investments. People have tried to get around this before. One scheme paid off in oranges. It was still a security.

So are the 'SEC' in charge of all foreign economies now ?
jimmothy

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:21:49 PM

So are the 'SEC' are in charge of all foreign economies now ?

Only the ones found here:

http://www.sec.gov/about/offices/oia/oia_cooparrangements.shtml

Don't forget romanian law also requires registration of all securities/exchanges.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:23:08 PM

So are the 'SEC' are in charge of all foreign economies now ?

Only the ones found here:

http://www.sec.gov/about/offices/oia/oia_cooparrangements.shtml

Don't forget romanian law also requires registration of all securities/exchanges.

Interesting, there's a whole load of countries not on that list, one of which I live in.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: