Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:50:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Interacting with fiat institutions [such as the SEC], a guide  (Read 9750 times)
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:18:45 AM

So which head of the hydra are you pushing papers for? The SEC, or another paragon of government virtue? Should we examine the SEC's spotless track record over the years?

I am not going to argue that the SEC is perfect in fact they are far from it.

What is not debatable is the fact that they exist.

Trading unregistered securities for US companies on an unregistered exchange to US citizens is exactly what the SEC aims to shut down.

And being unregistered is only a tiny fraction of the amount of security laws they are breaking.
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:10:01 AM

Ignoring all the unwarranted reddit stuff,

Ignoring all that points and facts you can't refute ,I see.We can definitely see how well you will do in courtroom cross examination

That's true, specifically, we will get to determine whether the SEC will continue to maintain relevance in the future, or disappear into the unheard-of heap, alongside the Mиниcтepcтвo финaнcoв PCФCP, the Austro-Hungarian Schatzkammer, King George's Board of Trade, and other extremely important in their day, meanwhile disused institutions. At any time the SEC feels ready for the test.

Should/if the USA fallen like all the regimes those organisation were attached to your notion might be worth musing .Until then keep your fan fictions in more pertinent forums .I think I say for everyone here that  your speculative fantasy isn't something most of us are interested in.

At any time the SEC feels ready for the test.

Famous last word indeed.

it has been called such by people who make the topic their business, so that's what it is.

Sorry ,but what part of her twitter that mentioned your meaningless act of defiance as "outstanding"?
Unrelated shit is unrelated; don't delude yourself into thinking your retardation is novel or important - there's a lengthy list of equally confused idiots buried in my metaphorical forum back yard.

Ahh, ad hominems whiles still refuse to engage any of the issues I raised.Clearly you have won this debate.
Defiance was never the point, I'm sure. Whatever unresolved problems with authority you may be nursing and are presently allowing to bubble up in relation to MP and so forth aside, you can inform yourself on the topic by re-reading the ample commentary supplied by actually qualified participants, including my posts in this here shithole.

Which qualified participants that supported your points,again?I fail to see a single one.Besides , Andy Bowdoin's  attempt at  fighting against the SEC and "evil US government" was far more epic(divine comedy level ,even) than  your simple refusal to co operate with the SEC, albeit just as impotent.

Perhaps you you would  like to explain your position in scam and law related forums (like quatloos, or realscam e.g), many there actually have background and experience in both scambusting and legal matters. I'm sure they'll just as impressed as I am with your performance.The education you'll received there will be priceless.

Your brain doesn't work. Neeext.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 12:17:03 PM

Mircea has spoken! Mhysa, Mhysa!! Take us with you!! Don't leave us Mhysa!

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Mr. Gabu

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:09:00 PM

Mircea has spoken! Mhysa, Mhysa
WTF is this shit?
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:32:53 PM

MP is masturbating because Bitcoin doesn't have anonymity. Yet I repeat myself from upthread.

And MP if you think you are the most significant innovator in this space, get prepared to unexpectedly kneel.

You will soon be reminded that this space is fundamentally driven by technologists/technology, not Romanian Wallstreet wannabees.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Ruthful

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:36:07 PM

Another ad hominem.You're really are destroying my argument with your uncastrated logical deduction,such an untouchable master  Grin.Truly , such finely crafted rebuttal of my points shown me the true light,I'll blindly follow everything you said in spite of the fact that you're backed by nothing but hot air(that' takes courage).

Mircea has spoken! Mhysa, Mhysa!! Take us with you!! Don't leave us Mhysa!

ALL HAIL  THE  MIGHTY Mircea!!

The Slayer of SEC!!!!!
Mr. Gabu

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:47:29 PM

The more you hate, the more I respect him.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:49:26 PM

MP is masturbating because Bitcoin doesn't have anonymity. Yet I repeat myself from upthread.

And MP if you think you are the most significant innovator in this space, get prepared to unexpectedly kneel.

You will soon be reminded that this space is fundamentally driven by technologists/technology, not Romanian Wallstreet wannabees.

Derp. Get a number, get in line son.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Ruthful

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:50:08 PM

The more you hate, the more I respect him.

Thank You.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:52:00 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 03:26:22 PM by AnonyMint

How much would like to wager big mouth? What odds do you offer for this wager?

Certainly you understand that in very unlikely odds, I put up much less than the person who bets on the very likely odds.

Come on, don't shut up now.

P.S. I will require fiat bet and proven to not originate from your tainted funds.

Add:

Hopefully you deduced the implied point that if you can't make a falsifiable statement, then a wager is not possible and thus your statement is untestable.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:49:13 AM

It's about time we stop pretending that using funny money makes us immune to all existing laws as the people making those laws seem to think they still apply.

Are you trying to argue that Bitcoin is just monopoly money(I'm sure everyone here will takes issues with that )

The IRS got in line today, following MP's judgment on the matter in 2012. Had you simply parroted him instead of pretending like you can think for yourselves, you could still be pretending like you know what you're talking about, instead of squirming like bugs squished under a lulzmine cave-in.

jimmothy

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:54:35 AM

It's about time we stop pretending that using funny money makes us immune to all existing laws as the people making those laws seem to think they still apply.

Are you trying to argue that Bitcoin is just monopoly money(I'm sure everyone here will takes issues with that )

The IRS got in line today, following MP's judgment on the matter in 2012. Had you simply parroted him instead of pretending like you can think for yourselves, you could still be pretending like you know what you're talking about, instead of squirming like bugs squished under a lulzmine cave-in.

Seriously when will you step out of fantasy land?

Bitcoin being classified as property does not in any way make you immune to security laws.

As has been pointed out before, you can trade stocks using oranges, mail orders, monopoly money and you will still get slammed by the SEC.

Quit bullshitting and leave this forum for good. Nobody here buys your shit.
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:57:21 AM

How much would like to wager big mouth? What odds do you offer for this wager?

Certainly you understand that in very unlikely odds, I put up much less than the person who bets on the very likely odds.

Come on, don't shut up now.

P.S. I will require fiat bet and proven to not originate from your tainted funds.

Add:

Hopefully you deduced the implied point that if you can't make a falsifiable statement, then a wager is not possible and thus your statement is untestable.

If you get a bet approved on BitBet that isn't a bunch of Word Salad I might be amenable to make sure there is a pot set against your stake. This bullshit "fixed odds" and "fiat bet" nonsense makes it sound like you are afraid of having anyone actually take up a bet against you.

jimmothy

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:14:49 AM

I love it how the IRS flat out says you need to pay taxes on bitcoin gains and follow existing tax laws and mpoe pr interprets this as "feel free to do whatever you want with bitcoin"

I don't actually think mr popescu is that ignorant but he knows that his "customers" are ignorant enough to believe it.
MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:15:45 AM

Seriously when will you step out of fantasy land?

Bitcoin being classified as property does not in any way make you immune to security laws.

As has been pointed out before, you can trade stocks using oranges, mail orders, monopoly money and you will still get slammed by the SEC.

Quit bullshitting and leave this forum for good. Nobody here buys your shit.
Stop attempting to redefine the parameters of the debate.
The issue at hand is moreover about under whose authority, the claims and supposed legitimacy upon which this alleged authority is based, and the philosophical underpinnings of such authority as regards bitcoin, its sovereignty, and the freedom one has to engage in agreements with others—not just about which medium of exchange one uses. For reference, I invite you to examine the US Securities Acts and subsequent legislation, a map of the world, and an intro to philosophy textbook.
jimmothy

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:19:18 AM

The issue at hand is moreover about under whose authority, the claims and supposed legitimacy upon which this alleged authority is based, and the philosophical underpinnings of such authority as regards bitcoin, its sovereignty, and the freedom one has to engage in agreements with others—not just about which medium of exchange one uses. For reference, I invite you to examine the US Securities Acts and subsequent legislation, a map of the world, and an intro to philosophy textbook.

I invite you to read this article and report back on whether you think that the SEC has authority over bitcoin securities:

http://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/computing/networks/sec-charges-texas-man-with-running-bitcoin-ponzi-scheme
MarketNeutral

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:25:16 AM

I love it how the IRS flat out says you need to pay taxes on bitcoin gains and follow existing tax laws and mpoe pr interprets this as "feel free to do whatever you want with bitcoin"

I don't actually think mr popescu is that ignorant but he knows that his "customers" are ignorant enough to believe it.

Strong everything.

Makes me wonder why I studied so hard for the Series 65 examine.

I especially like the part of this thread in which some people are so concerned about non-US citizens and companies groveling, supplicating, and prostrating themselves before Uncle Sam all that they may pay for a taste of US-grade government cheese.
jimmothy

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:35:36 AM

Strong everything.

I especially like the part of this thread in which some people are so concerned about non-US citizens and companies groveling, supplicating, and prostrating themselves before Uncle Sam all that they may pay for a taste of US-grade government cheese.

So you are telling me bitbet.us and satoshidice are not US companies serving US customers?

Too many bitcoiners living in fantasy land.
MarketNeutral

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:44:45 AM

I invite you to read this article and report back on whether you think that the SEC has authority over bitcoin securities:

http://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/computing/networks/sec-charges-texas-man-with-running-bitcoin-ponzi-scheme

Report back on what? Ok. A little context: Per my post history, I was actually one of the few people on this forum who openly confronted Pirateat40/Trendon Shavers when so many others were so quick to defend his ponzi scheme.

Of course the SEC claims to have, and has the means to enforce in the U.S. and some other jurisdictions, authority over bitcoin securities. That's not the issue. For the record, I'm glad they actually opened a case on Trendon Shavers, a U.S. citizen residing and doing business in the U.S. I'm glad he didn't just get away with it, regardless of who nabbed him. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I would be remiss not to acknowledge the rare good works done by the SEC, but unfortunately, their record seems to demonstrate that they are better at protecting criminals than stopping them.

For example, I invite you to read this book
http://lp.wileypub.com/Markopolos/
which I submit in lieu of a report, for I would on your behalf kindly ask Mr. Harry Markopolos what he thinks about the SEC, ponzi schemes, and Bernard Madoff.
MarketNeutral

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:45:44 AM

Strong everything.

So you are telling me bitbet.us and satoshidice are not US companies serving US customers?

Too many bitcoiners living in fantasy land.

Of course they are. What are you arguing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: