Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 03:17:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POW][AIRDROP] PricecoinX | Fast ASIC-Resistant Cryptocurrency  (Read 195 times)
pricecoincrypto (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 02:37:49 AM

Introduction

I'm 19 and have been involved in cryptocurrency for quite some time. Over the winter break of 2017, my cousin and I visited a crypto investment group in Florida. We learned a lot of information about market caps and block rewards. We really wanted to challenge ourselves. That same evening is when we started the Pricecoin Project. It took us several months to figure out all the various steps of creating altcoins. We ended up starting with the Litecoin source code.  We changed it to match our one desired outcome. Over the past year I was able to find little amounts of time to bring Pricecoin from .8 src code, to 17.1 source code. We changed the mining algorithm to Allium and added a new difficulty retiming algorithm. Our most recent efforts has gone to implementing and activating Segwit and other soft forks. We rebranded the coin into PricecoinX due to the significant changes we made over the past year.

PricecoinX

PricecoinX Website: pricecoincrypto.com

Specifications

Algorithm: Allium (POW 100%)

Symbol: PRCX

Block Target Time: 30 second block times

Max Coin Supply: 50 million total coins

Mining Reward: 25 (12/11/2019)

Reward Halving: 1,000,000 blocks

RPC Port: 2332 / P2P Port: 2333

Block Explorer

Mining Pool

Code:
-a allium -o stratum+tcp://jesuspool.com:4443 -u YourWalletAddress.RigName -p c=PCX

Source Code

Wallets

Communities

Zach Price
Developer and Cryptocurrency Enthusiast | ASU Computer Science

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2019, 03:36:15 AM

is this the original thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5029868.0
seems insane to think you guys werent able to get even a single page of interest for this in over a year
makes me wonder why....
anyways, good luck on your coin, should prob have posted this in altCOIN section tho, not altTOKEN. this board gets WAY less visibility
you can move this thread by an option in the bottom of your OP Smiley

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 04:03:47 AM

seems insane to think you guys werent able to get even a single page of interest for this in over a year
makes me wonder why....
anyways, good luck on your coin, should prob have posted this in altCOIN section tho, not altTOKEN. this board gets WAY less visibility

Nice find on the original thread. Second chance for the coin? What are the changes made for this second time around? Based from the website, it is an experimental digital currency. So hopefully it will not join the pack of those shelved projects that were experimental also. If they can't find a strong niche for this coin, I don't think they can make it this time.
pricecoincrypto (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 10:23:49 AM

makes me wonder why....

For a while I had to focus on school and only school. It's tough getting stuck somewhere in coding but also know you have to study for all these other exams at the same time. Just recently I was able to balance my time enough to push some progress. Even though I have a computer science final tomorrow at 2:30pm. I think just having the support of other people as the project grows will really help. I started all of this as a hobby pretty much, but I kinda wanna see where it goes. I learn new things every time I work on it, and the euphoric effect when getting something complicated to compile is pretty satisfying. I got interviewed at my school because of this project and it's been a pretty fun journey so far.
Intensedrive

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 05:31:16 AM

C-Patex.com is listing Pricecoinx Soon! Boom
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: