Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:37:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Polymerbit Creative] What did you make?  (Read 217 times)
teeGUMES (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 04:47:22 PM
Merited by polymerbit (4), OgNasty (2), Heisenberg_Hunter (2), owlcatz (1), CryptoImperator (1)

Announced March 31, 2018 and released on April 1, 2018 Polymerbit made the perfect April Fool's Joke by releasing completely blank notes for sale one day only. Limited to only 50 pieces and 0.0071BTC($50) these were bought up pretty quickly.. Not knowing if it was just an April Fool's Joke or not many of us took the risk and threw our money at Polymerbit.
Thread here: [ANN] NEW PRODUCT: Polymerbit Creative

I at the time was obsessed(still am) with the Friends of Satoshi ZimNote I knew I immediately wanted to make mine into a re-creation of one. Contacting each collaborator in the ZimNote project I received each of their blessings to reproduce their certain aspect of the note through a graphic artist I found on r/forhire.

Just two days ago I received the last hologram piece I needed to be able to finalize my design, this has been an idea/project for over a year now and I'm so happy with how it came together. The last piece I need to finish the whole project is to make a high res scan of one of the ZimNote CoA's and create my own "Certificate of Nonthenticity".

Time to see what I created (I cheated a little bit and had Polymerbit print on mine for me).
Please use this thread to share your creations aswell!

I present to you my "Friends of Satoshi ZimNote - Eat Crow Edition" (WARNING - big pictures incoming)

There's a few flaws but I wanted those to make sure this doesn't get confused as an official ZimNote. Excited to see what other's came up with. I also give mad props to any man or woman or machine that has to put holograms on things. Worst job in the world.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2407
Merit: 1636

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 04:56:41 PM

Outstanding effort and an awesome piece too!

Well done!

Viz
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 11:29:09 PM

I love it, but why are the back bolts of that slab so long? If you send me dimensions, I might have one that will fit/look better. Wink

I can also sympathize with the holo deal. Such a nightmare, I could never do it on many coins and get it right lol! Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
polymerbit

Activity: 703
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2019, 11:55:56 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

This is exactly what we wanted people to do with these notes.

They were a semi blank canvas for you to let your imagination wander.

It is still our hope that more people will attempt this.

Our offer still sands. Got a design? Ship it back and we will print it!

teeGUMES (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 11:58:27 PM

I love it, but why are the back bolts of that slab so long? If you send me dimensions, I might have one that will fit/look better. Wink

I can also sympathize with the holo deal. Such a nightmare, I could never do it on many coins and get it right lol! Cheesy

I have a box of the shorter bolts somewhere I just have to find them.. got too excited putting the CI holo on that I decided to take pics before I found them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: