Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 05:04:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin software wallet  (Read 251 times)
Championt (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 05:45:21 PM

Hi

I want to know whats the best recommended software wallet for Litecoin?

I will store its keys offline on paper. I know best is hardware wallet but its expensive.

Let me know with link please.

Thanks
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1647

精神分析的爸

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 05:53:41 PM

Hi

I will store its keys offline on paper. I know best is hardware wallet but its expensive.

Thanks

Electrum LTC should work just fine for your needs:

https://electrum-ltc.org/

Mbitr
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1321

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 05:54:21 PM

Hi OP, there’s loads of choice out there and it may be worth your while looking at this part of the forum, or even posting there if you can’t find what you’re looking for . Good luck an hope this helps  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=37.0
Championt (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 05:58:24 PM

Hi OP, there’s loads of choice out there and it may be worth your while looking at this part of the forum, or even posting there if you can’t find what you’re looking for . Good luck an hope this helps  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=37.0

I checked them before posting here. They are almost dead forums. Last activity was months old
Championt (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 06:02:48 PM

Hi

Thanks

I have windows 7 right now on my computer. If I download and install standalone executable and some days after my disk disk crashes. Can i still recover my coins if i have all necessary stuff written on paper (keys and seed)
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 06:07:01 PM

I have windows 7 right now on my computer. If I download and install standalone executable and some days after my disk disk crashes. Can i still recover my coins if i have all necessary stuff written on paper (keys and seed)
As long as you have your seed key written down, you are losing nothing at all. You can recover your fund anytime with installing a new wallet & importing the seed.
But if you want to have the labels of different address & transactions, you will be required to have the wallet file as well.

psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1647

精神分析的爸

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 06:09:37 PM

Hi

Thanks

As RapTarX said: Just make sure to write down the seed that you have to re-enter again for your safety. I recommend to actually write it down and then re-entering it from what you have written down.
This is everything needed to recover your wallet completely.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 3865

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 06:22:21 PM

If you still find $80 expensive enough for not to invest in a cheap Ledger Nano S hardware wallet, I really don't know what to say. Especially knowing that your cryptocurrency of choice is Litecoin(and not bitcoin). But ok whatever. Probably an Exodus wallet on a not-frequently-used laptop would suffice.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Championt (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 07:31:36 PM

If you still find $80 expensive enough for not to invest in a cheap Ledger Nano S hardware wallet, I really don't know what to say. Especially knowing that your cryptocurrency of choice is Litecoin(and not bitcoin). But ok whatever. Probably an Exodus wallet on a not-frequently-used laptop would suffice.

I have to receive a payment from client and he has Litecoin thats y i am looking for it. There are few good altcoins also and I dont think Litecoin is a bad option
Championt (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 07:33:32 PM

But if you want to have the labels of different address & transactions, you will be required to have the wallet file as well.

Sorry can't get the point what does that mean?
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 07:50:03 PM

I have to receive a payment from client and he has Litecoin thats y i am looking for it. There are few good altcoins also and I dont think Litecoin is a bad option

Yes, then Exodus wallet will suffice.
I'll recommend using a virtual machine if you want to go with a software wallet.
Also Exodus support various top altcoins so you will have to install just one wallet.
ETH is also a really good alternative then LTC .
Championt (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 08:03:03 PM

Yes, then Exodus wallet will suffice.
I'll recommend using a virtual machine if you want to go with a software wallet.
Also Exodus support various top altcoins so you will have to install just one wallet.
ETH is also a really good alternative then LTC .

Good enough to support bitcoin also?

My next payment will be in bitcoin. So i am looking for bitcoin wallet also.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 3865

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 05:29:19 AM

Oh. Thought you were asking for wallets for investment storage purposes. If you're just going to use a wallet to accept LTC and sell it for BTC/fiat immediately, you're going to be fine with any non-custodial wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 05:44:27 AM

Hi

Thanks
If you want offline wallet for Litecoin them find paper wallet, you can generate LTC paper wallet using the links below

1. https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/litecoin-paper-wallet-generator/
2. https://liteaddress.org/
3. https://walletgenerator.net/?currency=Litecoin

jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 05:51:32 AM

Hi

Thanks
You don't have to use software wallet to create LTC wallet, if you have a smartphone just get coinomi wallet and create LTC wallet, you will get your backup phrase, write it down and you are good for years to come

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 07:00:08 AM

I don't like software wallets because computers can easily get affected with trojans and malware, last time I download a miner from this forum and my PC got infected with this trojan, I had to format my hard drive
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 07:04:49 AM

Hi

Thanks
You don't have to use software wallet to create LTC wallet, if you have a smartphone just get coinomi wallet and create LTC wallet, you will get your backup phrase, write it down and you are good for years to come

This is not what he is looking for. He is looking for a way to store it offline or in cold-storage since he would get a hardware wallet but its expensive. Using a smartphone to store crypto is not ideal since phones might have certain weaknesses and a phone is never going to be considered cold storage.

Honestly if the paper wallet or the cold storage on an old pc is too technical then I think the OP should just store it on an exchange and just use a different username, different email, different password, use 2FA and use 2FA for email and it should be fairly safe left on the exchange.

Its better to store it on an exchange then to lose it due to some inexperience. Many people store their coins on reputable exchanges like Coinbase and they don't have issues.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 07:09:23 AM

Hi

Thanks

This is not what he is looking for. He is looking for a way to store it offline or in cold-storage since he would get a hardware wallet but its expensive. Using a smartphone to store crypto is not ideal since phones might have certain weaknesses and a phone is never going to be considered cold storage.

Honestly if the paper wallet or the cold storage on an old pc is too technical then I think the OP should just store it on an exchange and just use a different username, different email, different password, use 2FA and use 2FA for email and it should be fairly safe left on the exchange.

Its better to store it on an exchange then to lose it due to some inexperience. Many people store their coins on reputable exchanges like Coinbase and they don't have issues.
It's same thing creating wallet on hardware wallets and mobile wallets, you still get same private keys or recovery phrase to keep, if he create ltc wallet on mobile he can just uninstall straight away after writing down the private key

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Landak

Activity: 1386
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 09:25:35 AM

Hi

Thanks

It's too dangerous to store in an exchange place, okay the exchange has a good reputation, but it can't guarantee in the future whether it will continue to be safe. unable to buy a hardware wallet because it is expensive, so the solution is indeed to make a wallet that we can store its private key (paper wallet) or use a trusted ltc wallet software, as I use now Electrum Litecoin Wallet.

HILIH                                                                                                                                                                 KINTIL
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 09:30:07 AM

I've used electrum LTC for a while now without any trouble. You can download the open source software any time as well.

If you are looking for purely web based then Litevault is an option. However AFAIK they don't have any segwit support nor do they have much functionality apart from sending and receiving, and all the operations are quite cumbersome.

Hardware wallet is still recommended if you can get your hands on one somehow.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: